Frequently asked questions
Thumbs Up 
  • How do I enable weather backgrounds based on current conditions?
    - Download a map pack and unzip to a folder of choice.
    - Go to System --> Skin --> Background: move to Weather and select "Current Conditions".
    - Set the path to your map pack.

• How do I enable animated weather icons?
    - Download an icon pack and unzip to a folder of choice.
    - Go to System-->Skin-->Widget options and enable Animated Weather Icons option.
    - Set the path to your icon pack.

• How do I enable genre art?
    - Place video genre fanart in the folder skin.aeon.nox/extras/genre/video/fanart with file extension .jpg
    - Place video genre icons in the folder skin.aeon.nox/extras/genre/video/icons with file extension .jpg
    - Place music genre fanart in the folder skin.aeon.nox/extras/genre/music/fanart with file extension .jpg
    - Place video genre icons in the folder skin.aeon.nox/extras/genre/music/fanart with file extension .jpg

• How do I enable season fanart?
    - Place fanart in the root of your TV show and name it: season<number>-fanart.jpg.
    Example: season1-fanart.jpg

• My TV posters are all squished!
    Either scrape your TV shows with "prefer posters" or download posters with artwork downloader and enable "Use poster.jpg" in the Viewtype options.

• My banners are all squished!
    Either scrape your TV shows without "prefer posters" or download banners with artwork downloader and enable "Use banner.jpg" in the Viewtype options.

• How do I enable TV logo view?
    Landscape view with panel to Off/Trigger and Icon: TV Show Logo.

• There is no poster on recently added episodes information screen!
    Download TV show posters with artwork downloader

• Why is Aeon Nox slow on my system?
    All systems I tested with run Aeon Nox smoothly, however on lower powered systems (ATV2) it might feel slow. Aeon Nox is a texture rich skin with lots of options and scripts running in the background and fullscreen fanart displayed everywhere. This comes at a prize. Disabling tvtunes and next aired information in the add-on options and disabling viewtypes you don't use should help. Not skin related, but enabling dds fanart and dirty regions should help a lot too.

• Why doesn't the YouTube addon remember my viewtype (ie I set it to Thumbnail, but next time it is opened it's back in List view)
    YouTube addon overrides viewtype settings by default. Go to YouTube add-on settings-->advanced--> set "Viewmode in Confluence" to XBMC default.

• How do I enable season fanart?
    Place fanart.jpg inside season folder and make sure extrafanart is disabled on season/episode level. For season fanart to work on season level, your season folders must match how they are called in XBMC (ie Season 01 wont work if XBMC calls the season "Season 1".)

• Why don't the recent added widgets hide the watched items anymore?
    In XBMC Eden the script recently added has been moved to XBMC core functionality. The devs did not want to have an option for skinners to hide the watched items like there was in the script because a better solution is in the works. See this thread for an explanation.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frequently asked questions0