Support for rating videos
Lightbulb 
Hello.

I'm new to XBMC and I'm desperately seeking for a feature in XBMC.

I would like to rate my videos (movies and TV shows). Something like a scale 1-10. And the possibility to show the rates in XBMC.

I don't understand why it's has not been implemented in XBMC (or I missed something :confused2Smile. For me it's should be an essentiel feature, when you are a cinephile and dealing with a huge movie collection you like to (and have...) to be well organized and so what you can't remember anything you like to have te possiblity to find personal notes like rating, personnal impressions and so on...

In short I do not understand why I am one of the few to need this function Huh

For what I know :

- trakt.tv => great because backup of watched / unwatched but only "like" or "dislike" feature. (and ironically we know the exact percentage of the others ratings.)

- IMDb => Personnal rating but have to do manually for what I know... (no XBMC integration, no possibility to recover from IMDb to XBMC "watched" / "unwatched".)

And these two don't allow to add personnal notes...

- I saw a similar request : [PATCH] Add support for rating videos and http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/11750.
But unfortunately, even with the coding work which seems to have been done, has been delayed.... "from 11.0 to Future / Pending" Confused

So what do you use ?

Do you use multiple services to rate / backup watched stats / watchlist and so on... ? (IMDb + trakt.tv). Others ?

Thank you.

Cheers.
Star 
Have a look at this plugin... It's what I use,

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=107331

For the most part movies rated by the IMBD according to amount of votes is a superior form of what you're looking for and this plugin updates singles or the whole library easily. It's all linked within XBMC and your media can be displayed according to rating. You can edit the .nfo for ratings, and add notes, but you would have to be fairly dedicated to that. Some 3rd party scrapers offer for easy rating and notes.
Thank you.

I'm going to take a look to this plugin.

Which 3rd party scrapers are you talking about ?
Cool.

Now I have IMDb ratings. Thank you.

But nothing new about personnal ratings... Can someone help me ?

I would prefer a web-based service, rather than use and manage hundreds of nfo... just for ratings... Possible ?

Cheers.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Support for rating videos0