Exit XBMC on tethered ATV2
If I update to 4.4.3 and use the tethered seas0npass, when I exit XBMC, do I have to hook up a computer to preform a tethered boot? I want to check out the NHL addition in 4.4.3 but I know it is a tethered boot only right now.

I don't leave XBMC running because I use a picture slide show for the screen saver (Wife loves it) but we don't use the box all the time (in the bedroom). So I like to exit when we aren't going to use it so it is not reading pictures from my server for days at a time. But I don't want to try it if I would have to do a tethered boot every time I exit XBMC. Can anyone let me know how it works for sure?

J_K_M_A_N
J_K_M_A_N Wrote:If I update to 4.4.3 and use the tethered seas0npass, when I exit XBMC, do I have to hook up a computer to preform a tethered boot? I want to check out the NHL addition in 4.4.3 but I know it is a tethered boot only right now.

I don't leave XBMC running because I use a picture slide show for the screen saver (Wife loves it) but we don't use the box all the time (in the bedroom). So I like to exit when we aren't going to use it so it is not reading pictures from my server for days at a time. But I don't want to try it if I would have to do a tethered boot every time I exit XBMC. Can anyone let me know how it works for sure?

J_K_M_A_N

you can exit xbmc and come back to the apple menu .. as long as you don't power the box off or reboot it with the remote you should be ok.. i have one of my boxes on 4.4.3 jailbreak tethered it work fine and if accidently shut it down..rebooting from a pc is just hooking up usb cable launch seasonpass and pick tethered boot take about 2min and you backup.. the only issue is having a pc next to were you be placing the appletv box..but you can alway do it from a laptop.
Thanks for the info. I thought when you exited from XBMC that it was like a reboot.

Are you a hockey fan? Is the NHL part of the 4.4.3 update any good? I like to watch highlights and I hate the way I have to do that online.

J_K_M_A_N

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Exit XBMC on tethered ATV20