LiveTV can not be enabled; PVR addon error?
Hi!

Do someone has any idea why this error occurs. When i try to enable PVR addon from TVHeadend it says 'unknown error'. I have tried with 2.12 and all the others .deb files.
When i try to enable the PVR add-on it throws the error.

Log:
http://pastebin.com/SRV8NpqJ
I will also put the answer here so other users can benefit from that.

The problem is for all PVR addons the same. If symbolic link is not working for you, just copy and paste and rename to (libXBMC_addon-i486-linux.so).

Originally by Fred:

To get the ForTheRecord PVR addon working I only needed 2 symlinks:

in "/usr/local/lib/xbmc/addons/library.xbmc.addon" issue the command:

ln -s libXBMC_addon-x86_64-linux.so libXBMC_addon-i486-linux.so

in "/usr/local/lib/xbmc/addons/library.xbmc.pvr" issue the command:

ln -s libXBMC_pvr-x86_64-linux.so libXBMC_pvr-i486-linux.so

and then you should be able to use the PVR addon.
I had the same problem on my Ubuntu Oneiric x64 using the PulseEight packages. I tried the above solution and that didn't work. I checked the debug log and saw lots of SQL errors for a missing pvr table. By deleting my .xbmc folder I forced xbmc to create a new database and now everything works. It's a drastic solution but it worked for me. My assumption is installing the PulseEight packages do not run a database update script to add the required tables to any existing database.
from your log:
"ADDON: Dll Tvheadend HTSP Client - Client returned bad status (4) from Create and is not usable"

error 4 means "needs settings", so it would appear that you haven't configured the add-on.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
No it was not related to the settings, the problem was solved as mentioned above.
right, so the add-on's makefile is incorrect then.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
Just a quick note to thank illiac4 for the post; that fixed my problem with the TVHeadend plugin on crystalbuntu!

Cheers
Mark

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LiveTV can not be enabled; PVR addon error?0