• 4(current)
New OSD in development
hi all,

quick update on the current state of play.

i've created a new window object just for the osd, which is fully skinable just like any other xbmc window. all the basic functions (stop/play/ffwd/rewind etc.) all work now. i'm working on the sub-menu elements now.

the screenshot shows an example osd (cool graphics by floink) and shows a demo volume sub-menu active (i know it looks horrible at the moment, this is work in progress remember!Wink. remember - with it being skinnable, how it looks, where it appears etc. is all up to you Smile

hopefully have something more complete and polished looking next week.

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

nice work forza
cant wait to see this in action
frodo
XBMC Project Founder (Retired), now head programmer of MediaPortal
looks like it has great potential forza, even if it does look "horrible".
to be honest, as is it's great, leaving ample room for the remaining toolbars.
to add some more helpfull feedback however, just to prevent it from being overlooked, remember overscan compensation, resized to meet the calibrated screen settings would be optimal.

great work
morien
looks nice, simple is good. maybe make it a little bit bigger verticaly though so can see on small tv's, or is that part skinnable too?
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
gamester; it certainly is Smile the basic design concept with the new osd was that the whole thing should be skinnable to user taste.

when you put it that way forza (i know it's been put that way the whole time, but meh) it's a perfect osd.
but alas, now i gotta learn how to skin Sad

morien
looks terrific! :-) can't wait for it...
i'd honestly like to see playback information seperate from options information.

i like the last screen shot posted, but i think that if the slider was integrated into the bar instead of the options buttons it would be much cleaner for playback control, then a seperate but similar overlay for options would be nice.

great work guys, xbmc is a-m-a-z-i-n-g because of work like this!
Kodi v17.6 on Asustor NAS
Kodi v17.6 on Fire Stick v2
here are some links to tivo screenshots. ignore the menu stuff and look for the osd shots...

http://www.pvrcompare.com/dtimages.html
http://www.garysargent.co.uk/tivo/glossa...imebar.jpg
http://www.garysargent.co.uk/tivo/glossa...livetv.jpg
indierocksteve:
if what i am hearing is correct then you'll be able to have a tivo like interface, as the osd will be fully skinnable to user preference, so you'd just need to make or hope for a tivo skin.

forza:
i'm not sure if you've planned this, or if it's too late to implement it, but to satisfy both minded people (seperate osd/control, joined osd/control) is it possible to make an available option for skins to have seperate menus? so it would be left up to skinner design?

morien
morien: the pop-up menus are hardcoded (for want of a better phrase) although what they look like and where they appear on screen is up to the skinner. think of it this way; you can do all the same things with the osd window as you can any other window in xbmc - what you can't change is *how* it works.

as 90% of the coding is complete we'll have to kick off with what we've got for the moment and review it once people have had a chance to play with it. personaly, i like it how it is - but then i would say that wouldn't i ? Smile

btw, eta end of this week ...

forza:
oh ok. my mistake. doesn't really bother me, i have the feeling now that i'd prefer it to take only one button for future proofing with dvds being fully playable.
can't wait to try it out.

morien
(forza @ feb. 17 2004,14:06 Wrote:btw, eta end of this week ...
sure looking forward to it. Smile

can you say how much of the funtionality in the pop-ups will be ready in the first run? and what pop-up will there be? maybe you can post some screenshots so we can provide preview-feedback right now? ...if you don't think that will delay the eta, of cause.
/mosax :) ...likes xbmc
cool, a skinnable osd would answer a lot of people's prayers.
just make sure the osd skin option is seperate from the main skin, that way people can mix and match easily if they want.

great work guys'n'gals!
Thumbs Up 
(indierocksteve @ feb. 17 2004,21:24 Wrote:make sure the osd skin option is seperate from the main skin, that way people can mix and match easily if they want.
good idea, i second that Image
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New OSD in development0