Space Issue on ATV2?
Fairly new to the whole ATV2, XBMC world. Running latest (I think) pre-Eden (Dec 10), ATV 4.4.2 and Aeon Nox skin. My question is: with only 8GB of online storage, should I be concerned about running out of space on the ATV2? For example, in my music section of XBMC, whenever I am missing an artist thumbnail and/or fanart, I download one I find on the Internet to my laptop and then link to it with "Remote Thumbnail" option. When I do this, does the ATV2 actually save this file on its HDD or it only links to the file already on my laptop? I tend to download lesser quality thumbnail (200 X 200) and fanart because I am afraid that I will run out of space otherwise...

Same thing with repository zip... Once I SSH a repository ZIP file onto the ATV2 and then install it, can I actually uninstall/remove the ZIP (to save space) after it has been installed? Or does the ZIP needs to stay as well?

Generally speaking, how concern should I be with storage space on the ATV2? Is this a real problem or am I just being paranoid (still don't undertsand why Apple chose to ship these with only 8GB...). Thanks in advance for help and comments...
On iOS devices you should look into /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/packages from time to time. XBMC is keeping old addon versions here if a rollback is needed.
Of course you can run out of space due to a heavy thumbnail folder too, but 8 GB is still a lot Wink
And you can keep an eye on /private/var/mobile/Library/Caches/AppleTV/Video when you are renting stuff from the iTunes Store, watching Podcasts or whatever the Apple TV main menu offers.

But dont worry, i did not run out of space on the ATV yet, and i use XBMC on it from the very beginning.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...and_fanart

You can use this to store thumbnails on a network drive. You can also do this independently of the other instructions on that page, if you are only using one XBMC device.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Space Issue on ATV2?0