Stay in shape!
Gymnast here. I'm in the gym 4-5 times a week.
Jaken Wrote:Gymnast here. I'm in the gym 4-5 times a week.
You're a fine examble for staying in shape! Smile
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
bluray Wrote:You're a fine examble for staying in shape! Smile

Some people seams to think that being a gymnast and a computer geek is odd. I would like to think it is the ultimate combination body and mind exercise.
Got a crosstrainer which is imo one the best thing i ever bought Cool

Lost a ton of fat, gained muscle and endurance... I like to watch my tv shows or movies while exercising (with xbmc of course^^)
Dual screen setup - HDMI/TV (sound on Digital Audio toslink) - DVI/PC Monitor
AMD PII 955 (3.2GHz) - 4GB DDR3 - Geforce GT 240 - Win7 x64
Talking about exercise on these boards will quickly get you blask listed. Or even worse, they’ll put you on those people search sites. Don’t do it Smile
toxicturi Wrote:Talking about exercise on these boards will quickly get you blask listed. Or even worse, they’ll put you on those people search sites. Don’t do it Smile
They can put me on any list...it doesn't matter anymore. There is no privacy anymore. Where we live, how much we paid for the house, our age, etc are all over the net now. Where we live, I can zoom in on our house from the county website! Smile

What do you mean 'staying' in shape?

Laugh
- Blackstar
After 4+ hours of delivering mail on foot the last place I want to go is the gym.
(2012-03-11, 09:42)BlackstarBSP Wrote:

What do you mean 'staying' in shape?

Laugh
Poor cat! No

Cant stand the gym, riding a peace of equipment is boring, weights are stupid at least to me. I run and ride mountain bikes. I have to be outside, its what i do to justify sitting and watching movies. My other favorite thing to do
some of us move our toes, others have a special talent of moving their ears.
Well I enjoy programming a lot in linux and doing some coding in XBMC here and there,
still learning. To get in shape I enjoy bicycling, going hiking, camping, just getting away
from the technological and getting closer to nature. Cool

(2011-12-24, 20:25)bluray Wrote:
jd2157 Wrote:I'd guess not but it would appear you're the only one interested in discussing it here.
You're probably right. I know it is HTPC forum, but I'm trying to find out what fellow HTPC users do to stay in shape other than moving fingers! Smile

I'm with Vortex, who says XBMC was bad for our health Big Grin[/align]

(2012-02-13, 02:31)Digital Vortex Wrote: A vigorous Grand Slam Tennis match on the Wii emulator, launched through Advanced Launcher via XBMC Smile

I commute by bike, mostly off-road. Do about 25-35mi a day. On the weekends spring/summer/fall I split my time between endurance cross country races (9/12/24hr races various spots on the east coast), gravity races, snowboarding/skiing, skydiving, a little rock climbing/hiking and this year I'm going to delve into hang gliding. Aside from that, just about an hour a day 3-5 days a week regular p90x-type workouts to keep everything else in shape.

All of that is just maintenance though. The real workout is a single father of two toddlers. THAT is what wears me out!

Goes to the gym 3-5 times a week. Rest of my workout is with my 3 kids.
Besides my day job, blogging about HTPC and starting up a small HTPC-related e-shop while also being a husband/dad I've been doing triathlon since 2005. I started to have a goal to lose weight and get in shape then I caught the tri bug. I've also done a bunch of 5Ks, a couple of half-marathons, marathon relays and 200+mi relays. Last year I didn't do any tris because of time and money crunch (i.e. really could not afford the pool membership any longer) and admittedly being a little burnt-out but I'd like to do one this year -- I'll just swim in the lake for training and take it easy -- not find the need to crush some personal record.

I also occassionally do yoga and pilates. I need to focus more on yoga and pilates -- running alone does a number on my body but I get lazy and just want to be out on the road. Getting out there for a run or bike keeps me sane.

I've always liked to be active. Before kids I played volleyball with a club (I was a middle blocker) so that was practices, leagues, tournaments on the weekend. That kept me in great shape. Then when the kids came along I could not longer commit to it. I miss volleyball terribly but I am not sure I could jump 6 inches now Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stay in shape!0