• 1(current)
Aeon Nox 2.0 officially released
Rainbow 
After months of hard work I am proud to present Aeon Nox 2.0.

First off thanks to Team XBMC for their changes to the skinning engine which has made life for skinners that much easier.
I want to thank everybody who has submitted bug reports, please keep up the good work!
Special thanks to all translators, it must not have been easy to keep up with my changes Big Grin
I also want to thank everybody who has commented in the main thread for their continued support.
Moreover I want to thank my family for supporting me in this time consuming hobby.
Without all of the above Aeon Nox 2.0.0 would not have seen the light of day.

What's new:
Code:
[b]2.0.0[/b]
[b]*This update will make you loose all your custom favorites assigned in the main menu due to changes in the favourites script*[/b]
- Branched off eden-pre branch.
- Removed favourites and playlists shortcuts in the skin settings menu. Everything in the main menu can now be customized through "Customize Main Menu" in the Home Window Options. This will require script.playlists, available on eden-pre repo. (Shortcut available in the shutdown menu if accessed on Home window)
- All sub-menu items can now be disabled or enabled.
- Added custom sub-menu items for custom main menu items. You can add up to 5 custom sub-menu items per main menu item.
- Added tooltip to indicate that there is a media menu on the left side of the screen. This can be disabled in the Viewtype options (skin settings).
- Incorparated changes made to skinning engine.
- Added Korean language - thx epoke.
- Added Korean fontset - thx francisx.
- Added Hungarian rating flags - thx Attila.
- Added Greek language - thx CutSickAss.
- Added Italian language - thx liltee89.
- Updated Spanish language strings - thx tocinillo, PatOso.
- Updated French language strings - thx Rififi77.
- Added German language support - thx alexr.
- Added Dutch language strings - thx Flipje, Machine-Sanctum.
- Updated Hungarian language string - thx frodo19.
- Added CDWall to Music Viz - thx ronie and Middle.
- Added Comics section. (Enable in Main menu customizer and set path to your comics section).
- Moved Home Window options to a custom dialog on Home screen (shortcut available in shutdown menu and skin settings).
- Home window furniture textures updated.
- New home menu style 'Aura' added.
- New classic widget style for glass and classic home.
- Added random add-on widget.
- New system widget added - thx josz
- New watchlist widgets: "In progress movies poster widget", "In progress movies widget", "Season poster widget for currently watching TV shows" and "Widget for currently watching TV shows".  (needs script.watchlist)
- Removed option "Submenu of movies uses Cinema Experience Script as default"
- Disabled busy dialog when Cinema Experience is running.
- Added TV show logo and posterlayout for TV show infopanel.
- Weather window redesigned.
- Next Aired window redesigned.
- Added new viewtype Thumbnail.
- Added new viewtype Shift.
- Removed "Poster Slide" option; Posters view is now only Poster slide.
- "Watched" and "New" overlays redesigned.
- Updated Panel viewtype which removes detail info option.
- Unified look of all Wall views.
- Slim list has different selectbar.
- Added option to show remaining time in Video Info/Seekbar.
- Added option to remove playercontrols in Music and Video OSD.
- Added Korean and French rating flags - thx francisx and Rififi77/Maxoo
- Added Flip CD Cover option in Music Visualization. (needs artist slideshow script).
- Videolibrary now has one global option to disable fanart instead of separate options for movies/tvshows/other.
- Curtain backdrop is now splitted over movies/tvshows/other.
- Added support for Artwork Downloader: New buttons in Video information screen: Get extrafanart/Get extrathumbs/Get artwork.
- Dropped support for Logo Downloader: Removes button Get Logo.
- New Add-on information and settings screen.
- Added "Featured items" window + Featured main menu item (Enabled by default, can be disabled in main menu customizer).
- More views available in poster format for Music Videos.
- Replaced video window in List and LowList view with fullscreen background video.
- New InfoList layout: fewer options, also selectable for add-ons.
- Showcase, Posters and DVDCase view can now also be selected in recently added episodes (needs poster.jpg in root of tvshow).
- Replaced option "Use Posters instead of banners for TV Shows" with "use poster.jpg" and "use banner.jpg";
  Poster.jpg will try to load poster.jpg from the root of your tv show in (most) poster shaped views, banner.jpg will try to load banner.jpg from the root of your tv show in banner shaped views.
- Genre icons are now available in Showcase(2)/DVD Case/List/Shift/Thumbnail/Wall view.

Get it now on official XBMC.org repo for eden-pre!

Happy Holidays Smile
Cool! thanx! Smile
GREAT release !!! looks very cool and the configuration is great

BUT ...
are there any plans to add "Live-TV" support for PVR ? thats the only reason why i cant stay on NOX Sad

happy hollidays
I don`t have pvr equipment, so I need that first.
maybe its on santas list Wink
Ah Congratz on this release BigNoid
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
MSI GTX970 4GB GDDR5 - 8 GB RAM DDR3 - AVR Denon X3400H Atmos - LG  OLED 55C7V
Awesome, I may take a look at this over Night. One tiny peeve about the official changelist:

Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
lol, yeah my native language is not English...
Congrats and thank you very much. This must have taken a lot of hard work and it is very appreciated.
Just updated to Eden Beta1 and installed this skin because Confluence Vertical is hideous. Looks great. thanks Big Noid.

Here's my suggestions:

-On the 'wall' view I still thing the poster zoom of the highlighted movie should be slightly less. Because it goes so big it obscures all the adjacent posters too much, especially the ones above/below.

-Also im seeing a 'Quicktime' logo for some of my DVD rips. They are in mp4 container but they are x264 video with AC3 audio. They're my own rips and encodes, I don't know why it says Quicktime, that's some dumb Apple software.

-Also there seems to be a white overlay on top of my movie posters. Its whiter in the top right corner. Maybe an option to turn it off? When I have a black poster I prefer it to look black, not greyish.

Thanks again for the great skin!
just downloading eden now, will the skin just update through xbmc?
HTPC: Motherboard: Asus F2A85-V, CPU: AMD A10 6800K, RAM: Kingston XMP BEAST 16GB, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, LG CH12NS30 Blu-Ray drive, Samsung, and WD various 2 and 3TB for storage, Windows 8.1, one for all remote/FLIRC, Logitech z906 surround system.
I have been playing with this skin all afternoon. It's great!
voochi Wrote:-On the 'wall' view I still thing the poster zoom of the highlighted movie should be slightly less. Because it goes so big it obscures all the adjacent posters too much, especially the ones above/below.
Yeah, I get that. But the wall view has been this way forever and I really don't want to change it. If you want to modify it, it's really easy and if you're interested in this I can tell you what to modify.
voochi Wrote:-Also im seeing a 'Quicktime' logo for some of my DVD rips. They are in mp4 container but they are x264 video with AC3 audio. They're my own rips and encodes, I don't know why it says Quicktime, that's some dumb Apple software.
The codec is recognized by XBMC as avc1, which is mostly used by quicktime mp4's (all the trailers on apple movie trailers). I'll have a look at if that's right. Did you use a ipod/ipad profile in a one click encoder by any change?
voochi Wrote:-Also there seems to be a white overlay on top of my movie posters. Its whiter in the top right corner. Maybe an option to turn it off? When I have a black poster I prefer it to look black, not greyish.
Yep, that overlay gives the illusion of a slightly rounded glass overlay, just like all the panels have. It's a bit more noticeable then the old ones, but the old ones just as well gave the posters a grayish look in the top right.
I'm not gonna change that, actually it's the part that I like best about the new skin.
Death-Axe Wrote:just downloading eden now, will the skin just update through xbmc?
Should auto update I believe, but have not tested it :o
Big_Noid Wrote:Yeah, I get that. But the wall view has been this way forever and I really don't want to change it. If you want to modify it, it's really easy and if you're interested in this I can tell you what to modify.
Thats okay, I figured it out myself, was just making the suggestion.

Quote:The codec is recognized by XBMC as avc1, which is mostly used by quicktime mp4's (all the trailers on apple movie trailers). I'll have a look at if that's right. Did you use a ipod/ipad profile in a one click encoder by any change?
No, I use MeGUI, definitely not a 1-click. It doesnt really matter, I can remux to MKV no problem, just thought maybe it was a bug. When I remux to MKV it will show the H264 logo instead of quicktime.

Quote:Yep, that overlay gives the illusion of a slightly rounded glass overlay, just like all the panels have. It's a bit more noticeable then the old ones, but the old ones just as well gave the posters a grayish look in the top right.
I'm not gonna change that, actually it's the part that I like best about the new skin.
OK, appreciate the reply.
voochi Wrote:No, I use MeGUI, definitely not a 1-click. It doesnt really matter, I can remux to MKV no problem, just thought maybe it was a bug. When I remux to MKV it will show the H264 logo instead of quicktime.
Okay that is strange, cause remuxing doesn't change the codec. Could be a bug in XBMC that with mp4 containers the x264 codec is passed on as avc.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox 2.0 officially released0