• 7(current)
[WIP] Alaska HD
lol
As others have said, I also began using XBMC because of the Alaska skin. All others pale in comparison.

Love to get an update on progress or an ETA?

Also I would like to suggest you set up a paypal donate button. Seems I'm not the only one that would be willing to donate a bit to see this happen.

It's not a matter of money; it's time.
(2012-12-12, 09:17)Hitcher Wrote: It's not a matter of money; it's time.

Bernard's Watch is up for sale.
I'm new to xbmc and haven't tried Alaska yet but seen a preview of Alaska on youtube and I think it looks clean and cool, will it be optimized for Frodo? I'm Currently using Confluence mostly because I like the way the thumbnail view looks in movies. Will Alaska HD have a view that support a view like that?
Hitcher, great to hear you are working on this! Love this skin.
Can't wait I am still using Alaska Revisited Mod, it is my all time favorite skin.

Thanks for all the Hard work Hitcher!!!
---
(2013-01-21, 04:36)iJunaid Wrote: can you recommend a skin that is similar to this in minimal/cleanliness/streamlined that works with XBMC 12?

Take a look at my signature Wink

My reFocus mods : reAlaska & reAlaska (Dark)

Now that you're on the Celestium project, does that mean you time for AlaskaHD is even less now? I've been holding off moving to Frodo because of this skin (which isn't Eden compatible). Should I still hold off upgrading or is this going to be a long time coming still? I've held off asking for so long as I really don't want to push - I know skin developers do this for love in their spare time. Please take this asking with the admiration of your work in it was intended.
(2013-01-26, 09:57)Constructacon Wrote:

Now that you're on the Celestium project, does that mean you time for AlaskaHD is even less now? I've been holding off moving to Frodo because of this skin (which isn't Eden compatible). Should I still hold off upgrading or is this going to be a long time coming still? I've held off asking for so long as I really don't want to push - I know skin developers do this for love in their spare time. Please take this asking with the admiration of your work in it was intended.

You formulated my exact thoughts about this project! I don't want to nag and I will happily wait until Hitcher have the time and inspiration to finish it but it would be nice to know if there is any progress being made?

(2013-01-26, 09:57)Constructacon Wrote:

It's about the same because I was working on something else just before Celestium came along. It wont be any time soon I can tell you that much.

And thanks for the appreciation.
Hi @ all!

For those who want to use Alaska revisited with XBMC 12. Just install xbmc 10.1, switch the skin to Alaska Revisited, exit xbmc and install XBMC 12 besides XBMC 10.1 in an other folder. Start the new xbmc.exe of XBMC 12 et voila - Alaska Revisited. I have no Issues with that workaround. It's also possible to use Airplay (Pictures, Videos and Music). OS = Windows 7 (64bit).

Greetz from Heidelberg
(2013-02-24, 15:26)Yogafrog Wrote: Hi @ all!

For those who want to use Alaska revisited with XBMC 12. Just install xbmc 10.1, switch the skin to Alaska Revisited, exit xbmc and install XBMC 12 besides XBMC 10.1 in an other folder. Start the new xbmc.exe of XBMC 12 et voila - Alaska Revisited. I have no Issues with that workaround. It's also possible to use Airplay (Pictures, Videos and Music). OS = Windows 7 (64bit).

Greetz from Heidelberg

To make this a lot eAsier copy this skin unzipped to the \addons folder in user app data roaming directory with any version installed
---
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Alaska HD2