• 4(current)
[WIP] Alaska HD
(2012-03-10, 23:48)Livin Wrote: what percent of displays are 16x10? I know of no TVs in the USA that are and only a small % of computer displays are anything but 16x9 now... way under 1%.

I don't see any logic to making a skin that works on under 1% of the screens perfectly and over 99% of the screen improperly.

A lot of Projectors can do 16x10, And a heck of a lot of the newer 2560 x 1600 displays are 16x10. But I do agree. There is not many users out there that wound need this. That beaning said. I Still wish for it.
(2012-03-14, 02:03)Oddsodz Wrote:
(2012-03-10, 23:48)Livin Wrote: what percent of displays are 16x10? I know of no TVs in the USA that are and only a small % of computer displays are anything but 16x9 now... way under 1%.

I don't see any logic to making a skin that works on under 1% of the screens perfectly and over 99% of the screen improperly.

A lot of Projectors can do 16x10, And a heck of a lot of the newer 2560 x 1600 displays are 16x10. But I do agree. There is not many users out there that wound need this. That beaning said. I Still wish for it.
you could change the addon.xml of the skin to 1920x1200 if you don´t mind havin a black bar at the bottom (but it could look strange if animations (for example zooming) show something in that area, never tested that)

Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
(2012-03-18, 09:05)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-03-14, 02:03)Oddsodz Wrote:

you could change the addon.xml of the skin to 1920x1200 if you don´t mind havin a black bar at the bottom (but it could look strange if animations (for example zooming) show something in that area, never tested that)

Yes, I know I can mess with all sorts of settings to get the aspect ratio of the skin and all fanart/cover art/poster right. But the trade off is always back bars top and bottom (not to be confused with back bars when watching a movie :-) ). This is what I am trying to avoid

This image is what I get right now (note. Skin is Aeon MQ3)

You may not notice it. But everything is stretch vertically. Hint Right click and open image in new tab/window/save

Now this how it should look

Again, I understand that not many folks here think that 16x10 is format that needs supporting. And I agree the workload may not even justify it. But I would still like a native 16x10 Format skin ;-)
Haven't caught up with this thread in a while. Any timeframe on AlaskaHD or even a beta?
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
I'm pretty sure none has been given. Looking around the forum Hitcher has his finger in a lot of pies around the place so he's pretty busy. When it's ready it'll be released. I for one hope is sooner, rather than later, but I can wait for greatness.
I just wanted to jump in and say that i'm incredibly excited for this skin.

I just loaded up Alaska Revisited for the first time this past week and it blew me away. It's WAY better than Confluence/Transparency/Back Row/Neon/Metro/Aeon.... I just don't see how I could ever go back to those skins now.
Also looking forward to this, been using Alaska now for awhile and its the only skin I like now Smile
Trakt:

Hitcher, cannot wait for this skin. I have been using Alaska Revisited since it launched. Any idea when Alaska HD will be ready to rock?!
I'd like to know too. Alaska Revisited is awesome. I'm using Aeon Nox right now in the meantime and it's really nice but Alaska will be my skin of choice once the HD one comes out.
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
For what it is worth, I too would like to chime in with the wealth of praise. Alaska Revisited is fantastic and I can only hope HD will trump it. Something I would like to see is a large collection of view types - I tend to change mine really rather often and it'd be great to have many more to choose from.
(2012-04-30, 19:34)Chokladkakan Wrote: For what it is worth, I too would like to chime in with the wealth of praise. Alaska Revisited is fantastic and I can only hope HD will trump it. Something I would like to see is a large collection of view types - I tend to change mine really rather often and it'd be great to have many more to choose from.

You may be disappointed then because I'm aiming to keep this slim in that respect.
(2012-04-30, 22:03)Hitcher Wrote:
(2012-04-30, 19:34)Chokladkakan Wrote: For what it is worth, I too would like to chime in with the wealth of praise. Alaska Revisited is fantastic and I can only hope HD will trump it. Something I would like to see is a large collection of view types - I tend to change mine really rather often and it'd be great to have many more to choose from.

You may be disappointed then because I'm aiming to keep this slim in that respect.

Good, always loved the nice and simple approach of alaska
(2012-04-30, 22:03)Hitcher Wrote: You may be disappointed then because I'm aiming to keep this slim in that respect.

I am sure I'll enjoy it immensely either way. Smile
I think the Love Film view is one of a kind for XBMC skins, no? I consider it to be one of the standout, aesthetically pleasing points to Alaska Revisited.
(2012-04-30, 22:54)tdw197 Wrote:
(2012-04-30, 22:03)Hitcher Wrote:

Good, always loved the nice and simple approach of alaska

+1 Me too. Hitcher : any ETA on a first mockup or screenshot of Alaska HD ? Angel
My reFocus mods : reAlaska & reAlaska (Dark)
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Alaska HD2