• 9(current)
[WIP] Alaska HD
hello there. i guess this is on the works? Smile
looks nice. could you post sscreenshot "C" channel list from PVR pls?
+1. I'll donate $20 for a firm deadline.
I've released what I had in the hope someone would finish it as I'm retiring from skinning.

Work in Progress Alaska HD (unfinished)
Hi Everyone,

Posted this in the 'Alaska HD (unfinished)' thread, but thought it best to also post here...

With the blessing of Hitcher, I've taken on the development of Alaska (cheers Hitcher Wink). Alaska has always been my favourite skin, so it's an honour to be able to carry it on.

Plan is to crack on with Welo and get it released, then turn attention to Alaska HD.

Cheers
Good news! Sad news about Hitchers retirement though..
(2013-07-07, 21:35)Hitcher Wrote: I've released what I had in the hope someone would finish it as I'm retiring from skinning.

Work in Progress Alaska HD (unfinished)

Hitcher,

thanks for all your work and commitment for XBMC your one of the best skinner around and I wish you all the best.
I know the time you have finish the Alsaka from djh and every body know whithout you Aeon would be this
what it is now. I take my hat off to you.

Cheers
reazorFX
Ok so as a long time user of Alaska I'm very keen to have this skin finished. It looks, unfortunately as if liquidskin76 is unable to take this on so with that in mind I'm going to see if we, the community, can drive this forward.

I've created a googlecode project at http://code.google.com/p/alaska-hd/ github project at https://github.com/d80tb7/alaska-hd and checked in the files that Hitcher has released. I'm prepared to administer this project, manage releases and do some of the technical work on the skinning (my day job is as a programmer). What I need from you guys is the following:

1) Let me know as to which bits of the skin you think are incomplete or do not work well. Best would be to raise a defect report at github but if you'd rather just post in this thread then that's fine.
2) Provide any extra icons or graphics that we might need due to issues arising from 1). This is necessary because I have no design skills. At all. I am hopeful that this might not be the disaster it would seem because to me it looks like Hitcher has done most of the graphics work already.

Finally, I do not want anyone to think that I am unilaterally taking this over. If there are any skinners who think they take this on and do a better job than I then I'm happy to pass this over to you. Likewise if any of you here want to join the github project as a developer then I'm more than happy to add you.

thanks,

Chris

Edit: Moved this to github
github would have been way way better. makes it easier for other to contribute
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Man good to see some movement on this... I too am a big fan of Alaska (revisted) and have hung on to the old version of XBMC solely because of it. Can't contribute in terms of skinning but happy to put some funds towards it!
(2013-08-31, 07:00)a1ienz Wrote: Man good to see some movement on this... I too am a big fan of Alaska (revisted) and have hung on to the old version of XBMC solely because of it. Can't contribute in terms of skinning but happy to put some funds towards it!

You don't need to use the old version - I use 12.2 with it
(2013-08-28, 21:13)Martijn Wrote: github would have been way way better. makes it easier for other to contribute

I'm happy to move it to GitHub if people think that's better. As someone whose never used GitHub what's the major benefit? Git vs Svn? GitHub vs Googlecode? Or just that as xbmc itself is on GitHub many people already have GitHub accounts?

(2013-08-31, 07:00)a1ienz Wrote: Man good to see some movement on this... I too am a big fan of Alaska (revisted) and have hung on to the old version of XBMC solely because of it. Can't contribute in terms of skinning but happy to put some funds towards it!

As smurfyboy2 says, Alaska revisited works just fine in Frodo. The standard installation method doesn't work but if you extract the zip file into your addons directory the you should see it available.

As for Alaska Hd, funds are not really the issue. The best thing you can do is to install the skin, try to use it and then report back here with things that either plain don't work or that you feel can be improved.

Chris
ok I've moved the project to github as suggested and released a (very slightly) improved version

There's currently another thread in the WIP Skins section on tis, so I suggest all future discussion should be moved there:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1498674
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Alaska HD2