• 7(current)
XBMC 11.0 Eden: Beta available now
hackett896 Wrote:So, I will start off by saying I have been a supporter of XBMC for 2 years now, and I will never use anything else. But with that, I do have a concern.... I do not know if it is me, or the program, but I am running the latest version (Eden 11.0), and it seems like the longer I leave the program running the more system memory it eats up until it just locks up. Is there something I can do to prevent this from happening (not including shutting it down when not in use)?

Thanks for the help guys.

Weird, to me Eden is lighting quick compared to Dharma, I see a huge difference, runs great for me Nod
Loft - Intel I5-3570K, Asus P8Z77-LX, Corsair 16GB DDR3, AMD HD 7700, AOC 27" LCD
Bedroom - Intel I3-530, Intel DH55HC, Corsair 4GB DDR3, Nvidia G610, Samsung 37" HDTV
Living Room - Intel E8400, Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H, 4GB DDR2, Nvidia G610, Samsung 52" HDTV
hackett896 Wrote:So, I will start off by saying I have been a supporter of XBMC for 2 years now, and I will never use anything else. But with that, I do have a concern.... I do not know if it is me, or the program, but I am running the latest version (Eden 11.0), and it seems like the longer I leave the program running the more system memory it eats up until it just locks up. Is there something I can do to prevent this from happening (not including shutting it down when not in use)?

I was experiencing the same issue with Version 10. Installed Windows 7 and all is good now.
What do I need to do to revert back to Dharma? Can I just uninstall Eden and reinstall 10.1?
Kaotician Wrote:Hi, could anyone tell me if Eden supports .m4b audiobook files? Thanks very much.

So, that'll be a no then?Laugh

Think I'll stick with Confluence then, as I can't see what Eden does that's actually new.

im having the same problem. leave it running for a few days and everything just crashes because the system is out of memory. Did not have this issue with the nightlies, started a few days after going to Beta.
As I mentioned in another thread with no replies, I've had some kind of bug with overscan on my Gen1 AppleTV (My plasma screen upstairs needs a little overscan adjustment to align correctly and it worked fine in Dharma (although Pictures seemed to ignore the settings a bit as the bottom would sometimes get cut-off slightly which was the whole point of the correction). But in Eden, the overlay menu for movies gets cut off at the bottom (it was at the top in Dharma so I couldn't say if it would have or not at that point; I can only be certain the main menu used the overscan settings for certain, to be honest since that's where the scrolling RSS feed was getting cut off). Anyway, once I try to view a photo in Eden, the screen suddenly shifts downward and I cannot correct it even in the overscan setup settings unless I exit and restart Eden (it's like the whole screen just shifts downward by 150-200 pixels or so). Maybe that's something else causing that and not overscan, but it's a big enough bug that I put Dharma back on for now.
THEATER: Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, 11.1.6 (Marantz SR7012 + Yamaha HTR-5960 + Onkyo ESPro) - Mixed Dialog Lift  - PSB T45/B15/S50/X1T/CS500 Speakers & Def Tech PF-1500 15" sub ; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S (ZDMC), LD, GameCube
If i have a advancedsettings.xml file in my userdata will it lag ALOT, we are talking 1 frame every 10 sek, but if there are no advancedsettings.xml dose it run fine, any 1 else are having the problem?
I thought that I had read somewhere that the Main menu would be customizable, that I would be able to add my menu buttons by default, but looks like that was just a dream... =~(
Doomstone Wrote:If i have a advancedsettings.xml file in my userdata will it lag ALOT, we are talking 1 frame every 10 sek, but if there are no advancedsettings.xml dose it run fine, any 1 else are having the problem?

I had to remove the advancedsettings.xml file. Everything would just lock up on me.....very sluggish and unusable.
Bonzi Wrote:Hi, one bug that I have noticed awhile since Dharma is the audio sync with 24fps. You will notice if you change the refresh rate that the audio becomes out of sync by roughly 0.25s. This has been reported by many other users also. The audio engine branch was supposed to fix this problem. Is it possible to fix this with some sort of workaround for the time being? Thanks.

there is a thread here with a patch but haven't tried it.... to busy watching mighty boosh! it's a bit old so i would assume if the audio engine hasn't been merged that it is already in eden?
I'd like to submit some Eden bugs to the tracker, but I don't see where I can register to do so.

How does one use the TRAC system?
Hello

I would like add there is a bug in beta linux live

1. When i hit pause button xbmc restarts.
2. When i whatch anime. It mess up subtitle.

I hope this helps to make eden stable.
Skins: Arctic & 1080XF
NobodyHere Wrote:I'd like to submit some Eden bugs to the tracker, but I don't see where I can register to do so.

How does one use the TRAC system?

you can use your forum name and password to login.
(both are case-sensitive)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
gobbledigook Wrote:there is a thread here with a patch but haven't tried it.... to busy watching mighty boosh! it's a bit old so i would assume if the audio engine hasn't been merged that it is already in eden?

As far as I can tell, it is not in Eden. The patch is kinda a hack...but I think that would be fine for the moment to make it work. Later when we get AE, it could be fixed properly.
Cashtro Wrote:Hello

I would like add there is a bug in beta linux live

1. When i hit pause button xbmc restarts.
2. When i whatch anime. It mess up subtitle.

I hope this helps to make eden stable.

Please file TRAC tickets for both issues.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 11.0 Eden: Beta available now1