• 9(current)
XBMC 11.0 Eden: Beta available now
Only things I've really noticed is some occasional video play studdering, Internet video streaming crashes, and many skins not updated yet and available on the repos. All in all, I've found it to be pretty good.
Big Grin 
Hey, when is XBMC Eden v11 final?
Maybe you can estimate?!
Or when the xbmc-team offers a new beta (beta 2 or something like that?)

PS: Maybe a Admin of this forum can change my name from "gismo22^" to "gismo22". in the registration-field i enter the name with a "^" but i dont really want it. Smile THX
Works perfectly on ATV2
Hi guys. I am new to XBMC and the forum. Hope someone can help me. I was running 10.1 without any problems but installed Eden and now cannot get thumbnails with any new movie files I add. My old ones are still there. Is there a way to edit info for the movies in Eden? I have spent all evening trying to figure it out. Thanks in advance.
11 beta did not help XBMC loaded from TMDb
? But is there a way to edit the info in Eden like there was in Dharma? Also if I select "Movies" under "Videos" instead of Movie names and thumbnails I get the generic film icon and a synopsis of the movie even though I have name and thumbnails chosen. I have to go to "Videos" then "Files" to see the names and thumbnails although only the movies I added pre Eden show thumbnails.
I am loving Eden..

I did notice one bug - Setting the option to allow AirPlay caused the load time for XBMC from less than 5 seconds to a couple of minutes. Removing this setting does not resolve the problem. I had to uninstall and then reinstall to correct.

machine:
i5-2500k
8GB RAM
SATA III SSD
Got it on my AppleTV, connected via AFP to my mac. Seems to have trouble playing videos. It randomly stutters and then does one of the following:

- stops playing and goes back to the video list. If I try to the start the video again, it freezes for awhile then gives me an error message that the video is no longer there and would I like to remove it from the list
- stops playing and XMBC crashes, taking me back to the AppleTV interface
- complete freeze, requiring a reboot.

Sometimes I can get through entire 1/2 hour shows, other times it seems to happen more often.
RichH Wrote:Other query, is there likely to be a 64 bit release of XBMC, got 8 gig of RAM in the HTPC going to waste Rolleyes

baldmosher Wrote:OK, so I'm answering very late, but XBMC works fine on W7 x64. If you're on Linux I guess that's another kettle of fish...

Begall Wrote:Works perfectly on x64 Ubuntu too. No idea what his problem is!

No problem at all, it is just that as a 32 bit app it does not fully utilise all available RAM. System has 8 gig so only way to fully use that was if XBMC was a 64 bit app. Hence my question, if there was any plans to release a 64 bit version at some stage.
I dont know if this is the wrong place to ask, seems fairly inappropriate to make a new thread about it though, nor could i find one that seemed relevant (to 'Recently Added'/'Latest Ep/Film' widget)...

I recently found out that home screen widget for 'Recently Added' widget (Confluences settings call it 'Recently added Videos', but on the home screen it shows as 'Latest Films/Episodes') no longer removes items which have been viewed, and its a change made directly to the core functionality.
Will we ever have the option to revert to the previous style? I liked being able to quickly see what had been added and hadnt been viewed yet, now it kinda feels exactly the same as the 'Recently Added' search type, except it shows far far less.

Maybe there was an important reason for this which im overlooking, but im hoping that even if there isnt (ie general preference), then maybe we could perhaps add the option to show or hide watched items from the widget?
It wouldnt be so bad if I could go into the 'recently added' view and disable viewed items, and it just influence that viewtype, but its a global change (or at least to that content-type) Sad

It becomes particularly annoying if i have to redo a section of library and repopulate it with old content, and it floods the 'latest' list, and previously i'd just re-set it as viewed and order would be restored, now it doesnt care if its new or old, seen or unseen, its just a visual but less effective 'Recently Added' viewtype which has the convenience of 1 button press less, but shows far less items (Confluence shows just 4 items).
Another issue/room for improvement with this is that pressing 'i' on the recently added items on the Confluence home screen should ideally take one to the info for that episode/movie but instead takes one to system info., which kind of breaks the use-case for the i key.
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
PaulC2K Wrote:I dont know if this is the wrong place to ask, seems fairly inappropriate to make a new thread about it though, nor could i find one that seemed relevant (to 'Recently Added'/'Latest Ep/Film' widget)...

I recently found out that home screen widget for 'Recently Added' widget (Confluences settings call it 'Recently added Videos', but on the home screen it shows as 'Latest Films/Episodes') no longer removes items which have been viewed, and its a change made directly to the core functionality.
Will we ever have the option to revert to the previous style? I liked being able to quickly see what had been added and hadnt been viewed yet, now it kinda feels exactly the same as the 'Recently Added' search type, except it shows far far less.

Maybe there was an important reason for this which im overlooking, but im hoping that even if there isnt (ie general preference), then maybe we could perhaps add the option to show or hide watched items from the widget?
It wouldnt be so bad if I could go into the 'recently added' view and disable viewed items, and it just influence that viewtype, but its a global change (or at least to that content-type) Sad

It becomes particularly annoying if i have to redo a section of library and repopulate it with old content, and it floods the 'latest' list, and previously i'd just re-set it as viewed and order would be restored, now it doesnt care if its new or old, seen or unseen, its just a visual but less effective 'Recently Added' viewtype which has the convenience of 1 button press less, but shows far less items (Confluence shows just 4 items).

+1 I also noticed this and I completely agree with you.
Hi developers,

I'm curious - when is going to be a next beta release? There is a lot of bugs fixed since beta 1 release.

Thanks for your great job :-)
sedmy1 Wrote:I'm curious - when is going to be a next beta release? There is a lot of bugs fixed since beta 1 release.

I am not a developer, but it looks like the next beta is quite near...

---Alex
I'd love the ability to hide the on screen volume level meter. I don't wanna see it every time I touch the volume control on my remote.
My Theater: JVC X790R + Peerless PRG-UNV | 120" CineWhite UHD-B Screen | KODI Nexus + PreShow Experience | mpv | madVR 204 RTX 2070S | Panasonic UB420 | Denon X3600H @ 5.2.4 | 4 x ADX Maximus w/ Dayton Audio SA230 | 3 x Totem Tribe LCR + Mission M30 Surrounds + SVS PC2000 + Monolith 15 | 40" HDTV w/ Z83 + MoviePosterApp | 40TB Win10 SMB Server over Gigabit Ethernet
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 11.0 Eden: Beta available now1