Netflix on second monitor?
So I just switched from using WMC+Boxee to this(Beta 11, no real issues so far), so far I love how it handles my videos and music but I have an issue with netflix, it does not seem to have an option(Maybe I missed it) to have a movie start on my second screen(Which is my HDTV).

Anything I can do? Also its a bit weird that the only way I can close out of a movie is Alt+F4, is there another way, it seems unstable a bit.

Sorry if this seems noobish, I did search but didn't find the answers that could help me, any help would be very much appreciated. Nod
I think Netflix works by launching Internet Explorer - the last time I looked Netflix used Silverlight and IE is the only software that supports this. Closing with alt-F4 is presumably closing Internet Explorer.

How you'd get IE to launch on the other screen I don't know.

JR
Netflix will run in Chrome and Firefox as well. It does rely on Silverlight, so it will only run on OS X or Windows.
Im on windows 7 64-bit though, also the sound is coming out of my computer speakers and not my TV HDMI sound card like I have it set up, this is only with netflix though....
Demensha Wrote:also the sound is coming out of my computer speakers and not my TV HDMI sound card like I have it set up, this is only with netflix though....

That makes sense. remember it's Internet Explorer playing the Netflix video not XBMC, so you need to look at how IE is handling the sound. Try running IE independantly of XBMC and going to the Netflix site.

JR
Well I got the video to open up on the 2nd screen but the sound...I cant figure out how to make Internet explorer use my graphic cards HDMI sound output...Anyone know?
Try changing the audio settings for windows, disabling your speakers, or making HDMI the default audio device.
I could do that but switching every time I want to use my computer seems like a bit of a hassle...anyway I can hot key something like this? That would be great if anyone knows of some software like that.

Edit: Found a way to do it easy http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tip...mmandline/

Much easier, thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Netflix on second monitor?0