"Cound not download information"
I just upgraded from Darma to Eden Beta. I added my movies as a source and I am getting this error.

Could not download information.

Unable to connect to remote server
Would you like to continue scanning?

Is the movie database scraper website getting pounded or is something else going on? Music scraped perfectly.
I would image there is a spike in traffic for tmdb.org right now due to the beta announcement.
Getting the same message.
No issues for connection the tmdb.org i Dharma - so something else might be wrong?
I have the very same problem, according to debug log it's not a connection problem but loading the scraper (see log lines fpr thread 5180)

Code:
12:57:47 T:5180   DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Scanning dir 'Z:\HD\' as not in the database
12:57:47 T:5180   DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: No NFO file found. Using title search for 'Z:\HD\21.mkv'
12:57:50 T:5180   DEBUG: ADDON::CScraper::FindMovie: Searching for '21' using The MovieDB scraper (path: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\metadata.themoviedb.org', content: 'movies', version: '2.0.1')
12:57:50 T:5180 WARNING: failed to load scraper XML
12:57:50 T:5180    INFO: Loading skin file: DialogYesNo.xml
12:57:51 T:5180   DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: No NFO file found. Using title search for 'Z:\HD\28 Weeks Later.mkv'
12:57:51 T:5180   DEBUG: ADDON::CScraper::FindMovie: Searching for '28 Weeks Later' using The MovieDB scraper (path: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\metadata.themoviedb.org', content: 'movies', version: '2.0.1')
12:57:51 T:5180 WARNING: failed to load scraper XML
12:57:51 T:5180    INFO: Loading skin file: DialogYesNo.xml

Debug Log: http://pastebin.com/mLedJZKC

I am able to open both addon.xml and tmdb.xml in Internet Explorer 9 so the files and xml interpretation by the system should be ok.

I've now tried the IMDB scraper, it is working, so this has to be related to tmdb scraper(xml) (Win7 Ult 64bit, German, IE9, XBMC Eden Beta1, no upgrade, clean install of xbmc, had removed any old stuff in first place)
there's one known issue in xbmc eden beta1:
you need to install the youtube addon in order to use the tmdb scraper.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
To add to what ronie said if you have it installed from a previous build and it still doesn't work then remove it and then install it again
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
ronie Wrote:there's one known issue in xbmc eden beta1:
Done, but it doesn't work here. Tried also to add imdb but nothing. Tried to delete the tmdb scrape but I can't (it's hardcoded?).

I've done a fresh installation on a W7 x64 machine.
Freestyler Wrote:Done, but it doesn't work here. Tried also to add imdb but nothing. Tried to delete the tmdb scrape but I can't (it's hardcoded?).

I've done a fresh installation on a W7 x64 machine.

could you post a Debug Log?

do you also get the 'Unable to connect to remote server' notification
or are you having a different issue?
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Installing YouTube-AddOn did work for me, no problems scraping movie files with themoviedb.

off-topic question: How can I identify movies which weren't recognized by the scraper? When trying tmdb with Dharma first time, a lot of files weren't found and didn't show up in library mode.
matzer Wrote:Installing YouTube-AddOn did work for me, no problems scraping movie files with themoviedb.

+1, thx for that everyone.
4x ATV2's (v4.3) XBMC Frodo12.2. Raspberry Pi running MYSQL 5.5.31-0+wheezy1. NAS is a Drobo FS
ronie Wrote:there's one known issue in xbmc eden beta1:

Why is that?
Is it missing some dependency and if so should that be fix by adding that to the addon.xml?
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Martijn Wrote:Why is that?
Is it missing some dependency and if so should that be fix by adding that to the addon.xml?

tmdb needs youtube for scraping trailer url's.
the dependency is defined correctly, but dependencies for addons included with xbmc aren't being checked properly.
I get it too even though I do all my NFO's with ember before they go in to XBMC.
it works with youtube add onWink..but get disconnected frequently.

and in eden sharethe.tv is missing too... but they informed it will be added to repo soon.
Woo Hoo. Installing the Youtube addon fixed the problem for me!

I have a feeling this is going to stump a lot of people!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Cound not download information"0