Computer files found by XBMC
Hi,
huge apologies if this is repeated elsewhere (i have looked).
I downloaded XBMC tonight and successfully loaded it on to my Apple TV2 (newbie).
I haven't got a clue how to get XBMC to recognise files on my PC.
I have my music in a folder on my PC. When i go to XBMC on my TV (via Apple TV), and go to 'music', i choose files, add source, browse, however it comes up with a list of 'home folder', 'network filesystems' etc.
How can i get it to look to my PC so that i can browse to my music folder?
Do i need to do something to my PCs configuration?

Many thanks
Kenny
Of course you need to do something to your pc.. I assume your house is setup in a wireless network.. Do you have that folder shared within the network?
Yes, Sorry...
I have a wireless set up, running Win XP. I have shared the folder where my music is (right click folder and share).
What would the path be that i typed into the field on XBMC?

The folder is in my C: and a folder called music?

Do i need to name the PC? I did say i was new to this - sorry - lol...

Thanks
Kenny
Well, you have no choice. Your XP machine does in fact have a name. To find the name of the xp install you can go to Start>Run>type "sysdm.cpl" (without the quotes). This will tell you the pc's name.

You are part right. You do have to share the folder but that is not all. You have to specify who you want to share it with. Right click on the folder and go to permissions. In the security section tell it you want to share with "everyone" (as long as everyone with access to your network is trusted enough to access the files). I don't have access to an xp machine right now so I can't tell you exactly what to click on. Just google sharing and permissions on xp.

Hope that helps. Merry Christmas and welcome to XBMC.
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Computer files found by XBMC0