Swapping my XS35GTV2 for an i5-5200
Hi

After my problems with the TV, I have decided its not worth shelling out for a new AMP that does HDMI and DTS-HD. Hence to get around the lack of optical out on the shuttle, I've just bought myself a mobo with optical, on it and am putting a i5-5200 onto it (its mini itx btw).

I know its probably overkill. Is this a better choice than say an E-350 solution? I want good performance but a good frame rate. I know if the i5 isn't able to do it in windows 7, I can put a good card that will, whilst the shuttle wasn't upgradeable.

Is the i5 a good idea?

I can probably sell the shuttle afterwards and it not have cost me too much more. ebuyer have a nice mini itx case for £30.

-Darren
Probably a better place to ask:
http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=112

Flirc now has a forum: forum.flirc.tv
Thread moved to the hardware forum.
The i5 could be seen as overkill in some sense, but it's not a bad decision. I would be very surprised if there was anything video wise that it couldn't handle.

Plus, if you ever want to use it to encode DVDs/Blurays/other stuff it will do so pretty fast.
cool. I guess I wasn't sure what it might be able to handle. I was looking at it from the point of view that I could always add an external video card if it didn't work out.

Thanks

Darren

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Swapping my XS35GTV2 for an i5-52000