LockPreset not working in MusicOSD button
I want to add a toggle button to the MusicOSD to lock and unlock the visualisation but <onclick>LockPreset</onclick> isn't working.

Thanks.
Its probably a similar issue I run into with the enable / disable subtitles button. I doesn't work outside that window so first you have to close the OSD and then trigger it in a series of <onclicks>
Also it might be this issue https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/2599...20aef46c70
Thanks for tip but adding 'close' before doesn't work; neither does setting up a dummy LockPreset button in the visualisation window and sending click or messages to it.

Thanks.
Just another maybe, because I'm not sure how you did it but you need to add the force=true part as well like

PHP Code:
<onclick>Dialog.Close(MusicOSD,true)</onclick

from here http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=List_of_Built_In_Functions
Quote:Dialog.Close(dialog[,force]) Close a dialog. Set force to true to bypass animations. Use (all,true) to close all opened dialogs at once.

because if you have an animation closing the window, then the window still isn't closed until the animation finishes so LockPreset is still being triggered in the OSD and not the Vis window.

really I guess I should just test it out for myself Smile
Thanks Jezz that's sorted it now. Big Grin
so LockPreset, subtitles related actions don't work if we have dialog on top of relevant window?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting.
Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first

My previous forum/trac nickname: grajen3
indeed quite a few window specific commands only work if that window has focus. for obvious reasons I guess
Ok, I did some research - now I need list of actions that should work even if proper window (mainly Video Fullscreen and Music Visualisation) is not active

This is list of actions I gathered - let me know if I missed any or added too much here
Code:
--- Video Fullscreen ---
ShowSubtitles, NextSubtitle, AudioNextLanguage,
SubtitleAlign, SubtitleShiftUp, SubtitleShiftUp,
VerticalShiftUp, VerticalShiftDown,
SubtitleDelay, SubtitleDelayPlus, SubtitleDelayMinus,
AudioDelay, AudioDelayPlus, AudioDelayMinus,
AspectRatio,
ShowTime,
NextScene, PreviousScene,
IncreasePAR, DecreasePAR

--- Music Visualisation ---
NextPreset, PreviousPreset, RandomPreset, LockPreset,
IncreaseVisRating, DecreaseVisRating,
IncreaseRating, DecreaseRating
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting.
Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first

My previous forum/trac nickname: grajen3

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LockPreset not working in MusicOSD button0