Known problems with tmdb-scraping?
got some problems scraping with tmdb.org

almost every movie out of about 500 ones are scraping fine,
only theese three wont scrape as they should:

7lives
Jackass 3.5
X-men first class

ive tried different spelling of the titles (even alternate titles)
also using release-year as "moviename" (2009) and so on..

still, i wont get theese movies to work properly!

does someone know if theres a known problem with any of theese 3 movies?

also. im using alaska revisited mod (dont know if thats an issue)
This is right from TMDB.org. Try:

"7lives(2011)" or "7lives (2011)"
Jackass 3.5 (2011)
X-Men 5 - First Class (2011)

Not sure if that helps. In the TMDB there is a link that shows alternate titles, that's where I found the X-Men movie naming. Also, if you use a file renamer like FileBot, it will scrape the movies and rename them in the correct naming convention using a multitude of scrapers. I've never had a problem.
When you say you've tried different titles, were you changing the file name or the folder name, or both?
If it was only one or the other, you should double-check that your setting for "Use folder names for look up" matches your expectations. It may be the that the thing you've been changing has had no bearing on whether the movie gets scraped properly.

(You can check the setting by selecting 'Edit source' from the context menu whilst highlighting the relevant movie source.)
scudlee Wrote:When you say you've tried different titles, were you changing the file name or the folder name, or both?
If it was only one or the other, you should double-check that your setting for "Use folder names for look up" matches your expectations. It may be the that the thing you've been changing has had no bearing on whether the movie gets scraped properly.

(You can check the setting by selecting 'Edit source' from the context menu whilst highlighting the relevant movie source.)

Yes i changed both the folder-name and the file-name

when i wrote "different titles", by that i mean that ive tried to spell it in foreign languages, the suggested alternative titles that came up on the movie-specific tmdb.org -page. (such as in portugeise, french and so on)

still no luck though.. and im running out of options..

yepp im using "folder lookups" to!
The only thing I can think of is that something went wrong the first time you scanned, and the wrong thing got cached. Now when you scan, rather than pulling the data from tmdb, XBMC is going to the incorrectly cached file instead. You might find the situation magically fixes itself after a time (when the cache expires). You can, of course, force the issue by deleting the files yourself - the cached files would be in C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\cache\scrapers\metadata.themoviedb.org\ if you want to check (and delete) them.

This won't apply, however, if the issue has persisted for more than, say, 24-48 hours (or however long it takes the cache to expire).
scudlee Wrote:The only thing I can think of is that something went wrong the first time you scanned, and the wrong thing got cached. Now when you scan, rather than pulling the data from tmdb, XBMC is going to the incorrectly cached file instead. You might find the situation magically fixes itself after a time (when the cache expires). You can, of course, force the issue by deleting the files yourself - the cached files would be in C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\cache\scrapers\metadata.themoviedb.org\ if you want to check (and delete) them.

This won't apply, however, if the issue has persisted for more than, say, 24-48 hours (or however long it takes the cache to expire).

do you think its enough if i move the files from that particular harddrive,
and delete the source in xbmc, then re-scrape from scratch?

and after that i move the movie-files back to that hardrive and update xbmc?

EDIT

this is freaking insane!!

now ive tried to re-scan the hd, and suddenly about 10 movies are missing!

im getting the "could not connect to" -error several times in xbmc when "downloading movie-info"

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Known problems with tmdb-scraping?0