XBMC skipping 3GP files
This may be an obvious one but I've been unable to figure it out. XBMC seems to be skipping any files with 3GP extensions - so, for example, if my directory has:
Game of Thrones 2x01.3gp
Game of Thrones 2x02.mkv
Game of Thrones 2x03.mkv (etc)
then the first file won't be shown in the TV Shows function but the others will be. This is replicated across a number of shows.

I can find the 3GP files in the file browser, and force XBMC to play it from there, but it won't match them and add them to the library, and the 'Refresh' button is greyed out in the episode information so I can't manually try to match it.

I know 3GP is a default format but I also tried forcing it to be added as a video extension using an advancedsettings.xml file, which didn't help so I deleted it again. There's nothing listed in the xbmc.log file about the files in question at all.

Running XBMC 12.2 on Windows 8, debug log is at http://pastebin.com/0BkWzJU6

Any ideas would be appreciated!
Try changing the file name to "Game of Thrones S02E01.3gp" and see if that scrapes properly.
Nope, still won't scrape.

If I change the file extension to .mkv, it scrapes fine - although given it isn't an MKV file I'd rather not do that.

Ideas?
3GP/MKV/AVI are just container formats. If it scrapes and plays back properly, doesn't matter what you call it.

.MP4 would work as well and shouldn't break anything.
It will work because the software is intelligent enough to look at the file rather than rely on the extension, but still seems to be a bug. Not sure why I'd experience this with a supported extension while nobody else is?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC skipping 3GP files0