Problem with subtitles from BD ISO
Hi everyone!
I am using an OpenElec installation of Eden, and I have got a little problem with the subtitles on BD ISOs.
The movies are ripped with DvdFab, and are working great, but there is this problem with subs, and it appears like I can see the subtitles sometimes, but most often it misses one or two subs after the one I can see, and the third or forth is displayed.
Like:
A:Hi (with subs)
B: Hi (No subs) (sometimes shown very quickly, like half a second)
A: How are you (no subs)
B: Im fine (With subs)

There is no problem with sync as the ones displaying are shown in the right place.
Anyone else have encontered this problem, and more important, anyone knows how to solve it?

Thanks in advance!
/Krickan
Update: It seems like it´s Avatar that is the problem,
I ripped one of my other Bluray discs and that one worked like a charm.
Anyone else tested Avatar?

/Krickan
Using Beta1 of Eden Win32.
I have similar problem with the DVDFab Blueray MainMovie Rip (.iso), film "Sunshine".

Subs just flash on the screen, they do not stay more than 200ms on..
Other rips works perfectly...
Need logs: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Log_file
Removed by Krickan due to double posting.
This is my log
http://pastebin.com/Hrce3UDu

- open system
- goto movies
- search "sunshine"
- select HD version of the movie (dvd.iso & hd.iso)
- play movie
- press L many times for desired sub.

* subs flash couple of times, once they stick..
Hi Ned
Here are my debug log

http://pastebin.com/mCqgi319

/Krickan

Sorry for double posting, should have edited my old post.
Could it be this reoccurring issue with forced subtitles on m2ts files? because I have that problem with Hunt for Red October. The regular subtitle files are accessible and choose-able, however the forced subtitles are not showing when no subs are chosen in the audio menu. If I remember correctly, Avatar has the same issue, provided the 2 variables are the same (blu ray version, m2ts file container)
Is this an issue that have been solved and reoccured or am I missunderstanding you?
Also I have found the same problem on my Die Hard iso now. Sad

I have now also tried a little more today and got no luck.
Test 1: Open Elec build from today, with Eden beta 2 (i think it is updated with beta 2 now?). - still same problem.
Test 2: Windows 7 x64 and Eden beta 2 - same problem here.

Just to add also: I have tried ripping the whole disk, and also the main movie only on Avatar, but the iso gets the same problem either way.
Die Hard I have only tried with main movie.
this issue isn't only with iso's also with blu-ray folder structure.
i reported this earlier here.

Quote: Internal player Subs issue with remux
all my blu-rays i got i remux(main movie+audio+subs) them so they take less space on my drives.
but when using the internal player i noticed is has issues with the subs,
they vanisch or show up only for a ms.
when using mkv's there's no issue and plays fine.
is this a known issue or does the internal player don't have support for original blu-ray subs and only external subs.
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
Using Eden Beta2 on Win7_x64.

Same issue with "SunShine" BlueRay .iso MainMovie Dump.
Subtitles seems to have proper starting timecode, but the duration is only half a second or so.. i.e. subs just flashes..
Smile
Just noticed one thing.
When watching through XBMC the subs are colored blue, when wathching trough powerdvd the subs are yellow. This made me think that there where something special with the subs according to the other BD rips which have white subs, just like dvdConfused.

I also read that avatar is using ANSI coded subs, which according to them xbmc cant handle?

Is it true that xbmc can´t handle ANSI (Or if it was the other way, that XBMC cant handle UTF8. Isn´t UTF-8 more usual)? Anyone knows?
Beta3 seems to have still same subtitle duration issue... Sad
RC2 still have the same issue, both windows and openelec tested Sad
And still the same problem in the official release Sad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with subtitles from BD ISO0