Active Wake on Lan
Hello, first I Love the XBMC software... i have using this for over a year now. much better then D-links BOXEE software..

But I do have a feature request for a upcomming feature, I´m using a PC as a mediacenter, with a low power CPU (Asus E35M-M pro).
The request is could it be possible then a "lan" server address is attached in MOVIE fan, then I "click" on the link, it also will send a "WOL" request for the specific server address, because all my movies is located on a NAS unit with 5 hard drives, and this server isn´t power-on all the time actualy only then im watching video or movie from stored location, and this is done to save power (to be Green). because if a WOL request is send then "Click" on the location link for my movies, it will wake the NAS, and short after i can see the movie, or listen to the music or what ever. If the WOL could be made as a option , what would be a useble feature..

Also before I used XBMC, i came from Windows media center.. and also I do have a TV-tuner installed, and that is also a missing feature.
IIRC there already exists a feature request for WOL support (I think I opened it once). As for the missing TV feature - check out the PVR branch of XBMC, there you already have working TV support. It's still in development, that's why it's not part of XBMC Eden.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Active Wake on Lan0