• 259(current)
Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...)
(2017-08-14, 17:47)Tolriq Wrote: Well just add a new host https://yatse.tv/redmine/projects/yatse/...ging-Hosts, then select Plex as media center, then it will be available as host selection.

Then you select the target player in the cast button. Wiki is not 100% up to date, but there's all needed information to find your way.

(It's a paid feature).

Paid like Plex subscription or for the Yatse app?
Unlocker for Yatse that's all. No subscription.
(2017-08-14, 18:17)Tolriq Wrote: Unlocker for Yatse that's all. No subscription.

I was already going to buy the unlocker for customizing start menu shortcuts. But I still wonder about the plex integration, does it stream local to kodi and does kodi use it's own codecs when streaming?
Well it streams from Plex to Kodi directly so use Kodi codecs and no transcoding for the moment.

In near future you'll be able to add transcoding if for example your network is not fast enough for native play, but when playing to Kodi it's usually not needed.
(2017-08-14, 20:14)Tolriq Wrote: Well it streams from Plex to Kodi directly so use Kodi codecs and no transcoding for the moment.

In near future you'll be able to add transcoding if for example your network is not fast enough for native play, but when playing to Kodi it's usually not needed.

Cool feature indeed. Found something crazy today, I don't know how or why but now when I press the default home buttons, movies, tv shows it just magically works now??

Pff all this time I searched to customize these buttons and now they just started to work magically.. xD

It even sees them in the movie and tv show library. The only thing not working is when I try to start play a movie from my phone directly. It goes to the remote page but nothing starts on my host. Well doesn't matter I'm happy now I can atleast instantly go to the page of my movies or shows on screen. Smile
If it goes to remote page then you are using an old Yatse version Smile You should update to last one and really try native integration.
(2017-08-15, 13:28)Tolriq Wrote: If it goes to remote page then you are using an old Yatse version Smile You should update to last one and really try native integration.

Hmm I think I have last update. It's probably Plexbmc not knowing he has to start or play the show or movie.

I really like the extra functions, changed some shortcuts on the start menu with commands. I only wish maybe in future update the shortcuts under the volume buttons will be changeable aswell? Smile From these I only use the fullscreen button, the other button's I don't really use or don't know how to use them. I don't even know what the circle with i does, I am guessing it's to get on screen information from a movie?

Also a cool idea would be if you could replace overall mouse input with the touch screen from Yatse. Then I can use my external apps linked to Kodi aswell with the remote. Smile
Wtf, Tolriq got banned? Why??
(2017-08-15, 23:05)Cynwrig Wrote: Wtf, Tolriq got banned? Why??
It was a unilateral decsion by @Martijn, following this post https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2632510

It seems completely unreasonable to me personally, and generally the mods apply a warning procedure first and discuss internally to prevent rash decisions. Clearly this did not happen. But there is also a rule that the actions of one moderator will not be undone by another without their agreement. So things are as they are until either another mod breaks that rule (and 2 wrongs don't make a right), or the team acts collectively.

Meanwhile any user wanting help with Yatse related issues had better go to the Yatse web site, as Tolriq is unable to reply here or see any PMs.
(2017-08-17, 09:21)DaveBlake Wrote:
(2017-08-15, 23:05)Cynwrig Wrote: Wtf, Tolriq got banned? Why??
It was a unilateral decsion by @Martijn, following this post https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2632510

It seems completely unreasonable to me personally, and generally the mods apply a warning procedure first and discuss internally to prevent rash decisions. Clearly this did not happen. But there is also a rule that the actions of one moderator will not be undone by another without their agreement. So things are as they are until either another mod breaks that rule (and 2 wrongs don't make a right), or the team acts collectively.

Meanwhile any user wanting help with Yatse related issues had better go to the Yatse web site, as Tolriq is unable to reply here or see any PMs.
Huh? I don't see anything in there that warrants even a warning. All I'm seeing is a discussion with points well made. Unless certain messages were deleted....
(2017-08-17, 09:21)DaveBlake Wrote: It seems completely unreasonable to me personally, and generally the mods apply a warning procedure first and discuss internally to prevent rash decisions. Clearly this did not happen. But there is also a rule that the actions of one moderator will not be undone by another without their agreement.

Well, the thread that caused Tolriqs ban was created by me. However, the team member garbear answered to implement the requested feature, if there was a client that implements it...
Therefore, I asked Tolriq, as creator of yatse, to implement this feature in yatse and to join the discussion. For a useful discussion about the implemention.

At that moment, I didn't know about the previous (years ago) conflict, Martijn and Tolriq had. For me, it seems that Tolriq is someone who is... a bit direct in his answers. While Martijn feels attacked by this. However this was AN OLD CONFLICT.
In my thread, Tolriq joined the discussion and told about the previous implementation and indirectly criticized that some of his Pull Requests were not merged.
However - I don't know much of the reasons and the previous conflict. The way Tolriq wrote it yesterday wasn't the optimal way.

But, his post would never justify a ban. As a serious member of Team Kodi, a moderator has to be above previous conflicts and to keep cool. In this case, as DaveBlake confirmed, it was a one man decision. And for me, as a third person, it seems to be an unreasonable decision, just reasoned by Martijns personal attitude.

In my opinion, such selfish decision of a single mod is not in the mind of Team Kodi. It should have consequences for the mod, instead of the user... So the excuse "there is also a rule that the actions of one moderator will not be undone by another without their agreement" is embarrassing.

So, members of Team Kodi, please discuss this case. Please make clear rules for mods, and if a mod breaks the rules: It should have consequences, as there are consequences the misbehaviour of normal users!

Btw: There was still no statement from Martijn regarding the ban. His own response was deleted...

@Team Kodi: Please unban Tolriq! His ban was a wrong one man decision and is not in sense of the Team!
Meh, absolute power corrupts absolutely. It seems team kodi needs to have more checks and balances in place and not place all the power in the hands of a few individuals.

This isn't the first time I've seen such a thing happen around here and I doubt it will be the last.

It's all counter productive and a waste of time, really. Also embarrassing
(2017-08-18, 03:32)aptalca Wrote: It's all counter productive and a waste of time, really. Also embarrassing

Yes it is. However it will not help at all if this thread turns into a series of speculative comments about individuals, their history and what the team should, could or will do. The topic of this thread is Yatse not people.

To stop that happening I am (calmly and dispassionately) going to temporarily close this thread. I am also going to consult with the mods that this is the correct action. So please everyone keep calm in the mean time, it takes time for the team to resolve some of these things.
In the meantime help and support specifically for the app can be found via its homepage - https://yatse.tv
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
  • 259(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...)24