• 20(current)
Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...)
Bought it! Thanks a lot for the great widget!
Yes it seems there's way to update from beta to full donate i even see in google market some very old crash report from beta that was not on the market.

Don't really understand how it's possible.

For the export settings it's a little late Sad I should have think about that earlier.

Thanks to buyers.
Just bought the full version!

I have to agree with others though... the new skin is a bit ugly, if I may be blunt.

Love the app though! Any chance we could see SMS forwarding to xbmc?
The skin graphist have got all the comments on the skin :p
A new version of it should surface soon Smile And another one will arrive soon. And a third some more time after, if with that full version users don't find something they like they'll need to describe a little more the kind of skin they wants Smile

For SMS the problem is about permissions Sad I know that personally if I download a remote or a widget and that it ask permission to read all my messages I'd refuse to install.
And reading all comment on other apps that ask fancy rights I'm not the only one to think like that.

It's really a pity that Android does not provide optionals rights or on demands one for things that would only be used on option checking Sad

All that to explain that I don't think I'll add very small functions that ask very large permissions Sad I hope Android 5 adds functions for such needs.
Hi there
(2012-03-29, 00:59)Tolriq Wrote: The skin graphist have got all the comments on the skin :p
A new version of it should surface soon Smile And another one will arrive soon. And a third some more time after, if with that full version users don't find something they like they'll need to describe a little more the kind of skin they wants Smile

For SMS the problem is about permissions Sad I know that personally if I download a remote or a widget and that it ask permission to read all my messages I'd refuse to install.
And reading all comment on other apps that ask fancy rights I'm not the only one to think like that.

It's really a pity that Android does not provide optionals rights or on demands one for things that would only be used on option checking Sad

All that to explain that I don't think I'll add very small functions that ask very large permissions Sad I hope Android 5 adds functions for such needs.

remember my idea with the kind of plugin system?
So the main app is the main module with only necessary rights and then there is a plugin, i.e. for sms that needs to be installed (and of course needs the right) to display sms on tv.
That way the user could choose. Anyway it is nice that a developer is concerned about which rights he uses.

THX
Chaos
Yes I remember and I forgot to details that Smile

It's the same problems with plugins, the code runs under the main app userid so have the main app permissions.

But I've just remembered of how I have open some code to other apps.

So a solution would be to write a simple full app that intercept sms and that sends messages to Yatse. A little more works but should definitively works.

Will try this soon after we've kind of fix the new Skin problem Smile
(2012-03-29, 11:14)Tolriq Wrote: Yes I remember and I forgot to details that Smile

It's the same problems with plugins, the code runs under the main app userid so have the main app permissions.

But I've just remembered of how I have open some code to other apps.

So a solution would be to write a simple full app that intercept sms and that sends messages to Yatse. A little more works but should definitively works.

Will try this soon after we've kind of fix the new Skin problem Smile
OK sounds good and think about this for any kind of message type and not only SMS Big Grin

THX
Chaos
I'll also create one for detailed call that will show the caller name instead of just the number Smile

For others messages well will be complicated, for example gmail does not provide a way to get notification without very ugly hacks that need to be changed for near each versions.
Most email applications also don't allow that.
Perhaps there's a way with default email but not even sure.

About skin : 2 proposal for default skin to replace the back looking one.

I must admit that it renders much better with those backgrounds.

or

Please give opinions to avoid the fiasco of current Skin Smile
I personally like the darker one better, seems to contrast better!
I also like more the darken one.
I'd prefer white buttons, much easier to see
(2012-03-30, 04:08)robl45 Wrote: I'd prefer white buttons, much easier to see

+1
That's not the question :p

A white button theme will be available soon in the donate version, but I have to make choice for the free version.

I really think it's fair to leave something for donors that is not vital in the app to not force people to buy it but still leave something to thank them.
And theme seems perfect for that task.
(2012-03-30, 10:36)Tolriq Wrote: That's not the question :p

A white button theme will be available soon in the donate version, but I have to make choice for the free version.

I really think it's fair to leave something for donors that is not vital in the app to not force people to buy it but still leave something to thank them.
And theme seems perfect for that task.

i guess the lighter blue then, still not going to be easy to see. maybe just leave the original theme in the free version?
Well the votes on 3 forums all choose the second one Sad So for the moment it will be this one.

To prepare the "plugins" I'll need some more translations Smile

Code:
<resources>
    <string name="call_from">Incoming call from</string>
    <string name="plugin_title">This application is a plugin for Yatse Widget.</string>
    <string name="plugin_info">When installed this plugin will show incoming call (with caller name) as notification in XBMC.\n\n
You should uncheck the Notification setting in Yastse Widget to avoid duplicates.</string>
</resources>

Code:
<resources>
    <string name="sms_from">SMS from</string>
    <string name="plugin_title">This application is a plugin for Yatse Widget.</string>
    <string name="plugin_info">When installed this plugin will forward new SMS as notification to XBMC.\n\n
If you use GoSMS Pro please uncheck the setting\n
Disable other text notifications.
</string>
</resources>
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...)24