• 3(current)
Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...)
I took a screenshot of the new playing screen:
http://i41.tinypic.com/jpudqa.png

One strange thing i noticed:
Mute only works with stereo content, Dolby Digital, DTS & co. will not mute.
But I don´t think that´s a problem with your widget. I have to test a few more things. Will report back.
Strange for the mute problem here all is muted (and to be honest i just send a mute command to XBMC so i can't really do anything here).

Does reducing the volume works ?
New version 0.9.5 uploaded.

- Better network disconnect handling with a not connected status displayed.
- Adds physical keyboard / volume / dpad support on remote and detailed views.
- You can now swipe / fling left/right between Remote and detailed views (or use the menu option).
- Lots of small optimization and internal changes.
solidsatras Wrote:One strange thing i noticed:
Mute only works with stereo content, Dolby Digital, DTS & co. will not mute.
But I don´t think that´s a problem with your widget. I have to test a few more things. Will report back.

Do you have passthrough enabled? If so XBMC does not apply mute when in passthrough mode. And passthrough is not available for stereo so that's why it works there but does not work for DD5.1, DTS etc which can be used in passthrough mode.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Yes, i´m using passthrough. Thanks for the info Monte.

I´m guessing it wouldn´t be possible to alter the mute button to
sent a keystroke to simply mute my windows machine instead of xbmc?
Well without any third party thing on your pc it's not possible Sad

But if you find a simple pc side solution with an api that i can use to do this, if it's not too complicated i can look at add this. (Better if you find a solution for Win / Linu / Osx of course :p:p:p)
Well, first thing that popped in my head was
http://www.eventghost.org/
But honestly I think it´s not worth the trouble since i´m using your widget almost to 95% when i´m listening to music.
So I can quickly mute when someone´s at the door or something.
Just focus your efforts on things that more people find useful.

Just another question. I´m pretty new to Android...do you think it would possible to set up Tasker to automatically mute xbmc through your widget if there´s a phone call? That would be awesome.
I'm glad you talk about the mute / pause XBMC on call.

I was planning to add this in Yatse Widget but it needs a permission that some application used to gather information some times ago. On my side i always closely look at permissions and i find it normal that if most of the Widget users don't need the function asking for too much permissions can scare.

So i don't know what to do with such permissions needs Sad
With more permissions i can do things like show caller or sms on xmbc screens ...

If users have opinions on this i'm glad to get feedback.

For tasker even if i find the application complicated, after some tests with the free test application next version will open one of my service so you'll be able to do that.
Tolriq Wrote:For tasker even if i find the application complicated, after some tests with the free test application next version will open one of my service so you'll be able to do that.
Great news. Really appreciate your hard work on this.
solidsatras Wrote:Great news. Really appreciate your hard work on this.

No problem Smile Next version will comes out in a few days i'm trying things on the design the app is totally awful right now :p

Can you please give me your opinion on the permissions things i ask before ? Since you seems to be the only one to post here even if there's quite some downloads :p
Well, since it´s a feature I want, I don´t have a problem with the needed permissions.
Overall an app should never use more permissions than needed.
If there are too many complaints about the permissions you can always remove the features or built a light version without those features.
Well i'll do that since that's a feature i want too Smile

It's too bad we can't get on demand permissions in android Sad
New version uploaded : 0.9.6

- Full rewrite of the Wallpaper / Fanart thing, much better performances / memory usage
- New icons*
- New Remote design* should now render good in phone / tablet at all resolution / dpi
- Open service to interact from other application (See : http://yatse.leetzone.org/redmine/projec...t/wiki/Api) for example Tasker.
- Some other internals tweaks

* I'm not a designer but i think it looks less ugly now feel free to comment.

Since i broke my home phone when plug-in it back, the auto pause on call & such will be for another version when i got a new phone Smile
Sorry to report v0.9.6 messed things up on my Galaxy Nexus.
Scrolling within the configuration screen overlaps:
http://i40.tinypic.com/aeb4o6.png

Previous configuration entrys stay marked: (maybe intented?)
http://i42.tinypic.com/k2xtg0.png

http://i43.tinypic.com/2u5fc42.png

The pause/play button switch is really cool but a little slow.
I´m sure you plan to do the same switch with mute/no mute?

I´m pretty inexperienced with android. Is there a quick way to go to the
configuration screen after the first setup...It must be obvious but I don´t get it Blush
Hum effectively looks strange on your pics.
The problem is that i don't render the settings part it's standard Android API. Maybe a bug with something i've put in the theme, will try to find and to reproduce this.

For the play/pause, the switch is done only when i got confirmation from Xbmc on the next data pull so it's normal that's there's a small delay.

For the mute / unmute i do forgot this part i'll add it Smile

For the settings, I'm using android 2.2 way so it looks for a menu hard button. On Honeycomb and ICS I'll have to switch to action bar or find something else.
But the menu is accessible from the ... line on the right of the recent apps button on Remote or Details activity.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...)24