• 74(current)
Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...)
(2012-10-17, 09:45)ommadawn101 Wrote: Starting Xbmc from the remote sometimes works and sometimes not.
I could not find any systematic behavior.

The same happens on two different PC's, one with Win7, The other with Winxp

I am sorry I cannot point my finger to where it goes wrong.

Few posts above, someone mentioned checking which program is listening to which port... How is that done?
Edit:
The command to see who's listening on udp ports
netstat -a -b -n -p udp
If XbmcStarter is working properly, you should see something like
UDP 0.0.0.0:9
[XbmcStarter.exe]
I had (have) the exact same problem on a laptop running Win 7. I have now configured a static ip and set the delay to 20, port to 12 (both XBMC Starter and Yatse WOL port). Only used XMBC three times since I made these changes but it worked everytime. Not 100% sure it is fixed yet.

(2012-10-18, 12:17)Dexter1759 Wrote: I want to buy the Unlocker but there's just one thing stopping me at the moment, and I think I'm being daft, my library only seems to sync when I manually hit the refresh button and will take an age to refresh, which is a pain when I just want to load up my HTPC and watch the latest TV Show.

I'm fairly certain I'm doing something wrong, or am over looking a setting. If someone could help me that'd be great.

Dexter

PS. I'm sure this may have been discussed already but searches couldn't find it and I can't sit and read 110 pages! lol.
I think it 's normal, refreshing the libraby also takes a while on my phone and needs to be triggered manually.

About the new skins and icons, I 'm not a big fan tbh. I would love to see coloured 3D icons as mentioned above instead of the plain icons which are used now. I know this is alot of work but I 'm sure someone is willing to do this (even considering to do it myself as I 've just download the skin.zip). I 'm also willing to do a DUTCH translation if you want this done. Don't need it myself as I keep everything on my phone in English but if it 's not too much work, I 'd be happy to help.
(2012-10-18, 14:20)Largamelion Wrote:
(2012-10-17, 09:45)ommadawn101 Wrote: Starting Xbmc from the remote sometimes works and sometimes not.
I could not find any systematic behavior.

The same happens on two different PC's, one with Win7, The other with Winxp

I am sorry I cannot point my finger to where it goes wrong.

Few posts above, someone mentioned checking which program is listening to which port... How is that done?
Edit:
The command to see who's listening on udp ports
netstat -a -b -n -p udp
If XbmcStarter is working properly, you should see something like
UDP 0.0.0.0:9
[XbmcStarter.exe]
I had (have) the exact same problem on a laptop running Win 7. I have now configured a static ip and set the delay to 20, port to 12 (both XBMC Starter and Yatse WOL port). Only used XMBC three times since I made these changes but it worked everytime. Not 100% sure it is fixed yet.

(2012-10-18, 12:17)Dexter1759 Wrote: I want to buy the Unlocker but there's just one thing stopping me at the moment, and I think I'm being daft, my library only seems to sync when I manually hit the refresh button and will take an age to refresh, which is a pain when I just want to load up my HTPC and watch the latest TV Show.

I'm fairly certain I'm doing something wrong, or am over looking a setting. If someone could help me that'd be great.

Dexter

PS. I'm sure this may have been discussed already but searches couldn't find it and I can't sit and read 110 pages! lol.
I think it 's normal, refreshing the libraby also takes a while on my phone and needs to be triggered manually.

About the new skins and icons, I 'm not a big fan tbh. I would love to see coloured 3D icons as mentioned above instead of the plain icons which are used now. I know this is alot of work but I 'm sure someone is willing to do this (even considering to do it myself as I 've just download the skin.zip). I 'm also willing to do a DUTCH translation if you want this done. Don't need it myself as I keep everything on my phone in English but if it 's not too much work, I 'd be happy to help.

That's a shame, it take more than a few minutes on my Nexus 7. Which is a real shame considering this is the sort of interface I've wanted from and Android Remote since getting both XBMC and an Android phone.

Is there nothing I can change to speed it up? Perhaps a setting I have picked it slowing it down.
This is an awesome app for Android. And let me tell you a story:
Have run the Official app on an borrowed Ipad for some time now and loved it to full! But decided to by a Nexus 7 because of the size (and like android in general better), but was vastly disappointed by the official app, I though android would be better supported by was wrong ! Compared side by side the Ipad app, is so much better than the android for tablets....

Been a little disappointed I turned to google and this forum and found Yatse, and praise the lord for that... Still not as "eye candy like" as the ipad official app, but very close. Might by the unluck just to send my appreciation to the developer Smile

My advice to all with an android tablet, You need this!!
Linux Mint: XBMC PVR Xvba
HTPC: AMD Fusion A8-3870k. ASRock A75 Pro4-M. 4GB DDR3. Intel 320 SSD 40GB . Silverstone ML03
(2012-10-18, 08:25)Tolriq Wrote:
(2012-10-17, 22:49)Tolriq Wrote: Got some icons / colors proposal.

Please give feedback / remarks / votes Smile

Up in new page :p need more feedback or I won't accept any remark on current icons :p

Would love a simplistic holo theme.

Fast mockup with icons from Play Music App.

Should be no problem to get the Holo stuff.

You can get just the icons here:
http://developer.android.com/downloads/d...120814.zip

(2012-10-18, 16:43)XtuX Wrote: This is an awesome app for Android. And let me tell you a story:
Have run the Official app on an borrowed Ipad for some time now and loved it to full! But decided to by a Nexus 7 because of the size (and like android in general better), but was vastly disappointed by the official app, I though android would be better supported by was wrong ! Compared side by side the Ipad app, is so much better than the android for tablets....

Been a little disappointed I turned to google and this forum and found Yatse, and praise the lord for that... Still not as "eye candy like" as the ipad official app, but very close. Might by the unluck just to send my appreciation to the developer Smile

My advice to all with an android tablet, You need this!!

i think iPad XBMC Commander is the best remote for ipad not the official, its also the best looking remote for ipad

Tolriq

i found small bug, i don't know if this YATSE bug or XBMC bug, but when I'm selecting a song from YATSE i cant see album cover only cdart when the song is playing, but when i chose the song from XBMC ( using YATSE remote or keyboard/mouse ) i can see the album cover when the song is playing
For the icons, maybe something as simple as a box around each icon (to make it appear as a button). The remote looks pretty drab on a tablet sized display! The TV and Movies views are great!

I have replaced the official remote with this app on my 10.1" tablet (and have paid for the unlocker). My only issue is when I stream Pandora on XBMC and am using the "now playing" function of Yatse, the now playing window closes after each song. (it stays open in the official app).

One request... is there a way to hide items on the Home screen? I don't want pictures there.

Thanks
@ntk1 : I suppose this is when starting music from file mode ? This is a limitation in Xbmc depending on builds it seems.

@Dexter1759 : Speed of sync depends on Xbmc version and your HTPC, if you have very big library and using Eden and an ATV / RPI this is very slow and not a lot I can do.
With last Frodo builds (post 16 October) I can sync my full TV part in less than 8 sec with 30 show and like 1800 episodes.
There's some Frodo build that are very slow due to non optimized changes on Xbmc side.

@thewarm : not yet Wink

@To All : I know you all want different things with different tastes but there can only be one default Skin that for the moment have to be the same for tablets / phones and while some post might be interesting there's nothing really constructive about the different choices presented. The very first released where the simple black some don't like, then someone made the new skin some says too much, then some says simply black is better, others now says we want more 3D ultra top effects, there's no solutions Smile
So please based on the proposals says what you like don't like if you prefer based on thoses icons black background with grey/blue icons if there's some of the icons proposed some you really don't like ....
And yes Holo images are available and most of those are based on them. Holo does not fill all Yatse needs so there's need / place for creation, easy to judge harder to act Smile

PS : Don't look the aggressive formulation of last paragraph but this whole skin situation is ................. me :p

And to finish to all that buy unlocker and support this project a very big thanks this help keeping motivation high Smile

Edit :
@Largamelion : All new translations are welcome, just PM me a mail and the language you wan't to handle.
For the moment there's : 268 Strings, 1,124 words + 35 Strings, 46 words + 10 Strings, 83 words Smile Some work but nothing impossible.
no, i never use file mode

i go to music -> albums > pick a song ( no album cover just cd art )

when browsing XBMC from the remote\keyboard\mouse and pick a song it show the album cover
Hi Tolriq.

I tried today your android remote,
great job !
I've just bought it to support your efforts.

One feature I'm missing is the option to use smaller font and smaller images on list mode.
I have huge music library and navigating can be pita.
@Tolriq

Just an idea. . . . .

Re: skin solutions, there are ways you could generate more income and please everyone with different tastes, just release skin packs on the market that people can buy, that way people can choose to apply which ever skin they like.

Various apps on the market allow skinning, launchers for android include this sort of facility all the time.

My AV Equipment

Virgin Media TiVo : Sony AV Receiver : Samsung LCD TV : PS3 : PC / HTPC (running xbmc) / Skin Neon / Aeon Nox
(2012-10-18, 20:18)Tolriq Wrote: @ntk1 : I suppose this is when starting music from file mode ? This is a limitation in Xbmc depending on builds it seems.

@Dexter1759 : Speed of sync depends on Xbmc version and your HTPC, if you have very big library and using Eden and an ATV / RPI this is very slow and not a lot I can do.
With last Frodo builds (post 16 October) I can sync my full TV part in less than 8 sec with 30 show and like 1800 episodes.
There's some Frodo build that are very slow due to non optimized changes on Xbmc side.

@thewarm : not yet Wink

@To All : I know you all want different things with different tastes but there can only be one default Skin that for the moment have to be the same for tablets / phones and while some post might be interesting there's nothing really constructive about the different choices presented. The very first released where the simple black some don't like, then someone made the new skin some says too much, then some says simply black is better, others now says we want more 3D ultra top effects, there's no solutions Smile
So please based on the proposals says what you like don't like if you prefer based on thoses icons black background with grey/blue icons if there's some of the icons proposed some you really don't like ....
And yes Holo images are available and most of those are based on them. Holo does not fill all Yatse needs so there's need / place for creation, easy to judge harder to act Smile

PS : Don't look the aggressive formulation of last paragraph but this whole skin situation is ................. me :p

And to finish to all that buy unlocker and support this project a very big thanks this help keeping motivation high Smile

Edit :
@Largamelion : All new translations are welcome, just PM me a mail and the language you wan't to handle.
For the moment there's : 268 Strings, 1,124 words + 35 Strings, 46 words + 10 Strings, 83 words Smile Some work but nothing impossible.

Would it be possible to use skins from outside the apk? (Activated with unlocker)
People could just use what they want and share it.
@ntk1 : will check a little more on which side the problem is (but I suspect Xbmc :p)

@dhead : Not so easy will see what can be done on that.

For external skins this will be possible after V3 but right now there's all available to do a skin and I can add them to the app but no one have made one :p so well Wink
And this won't solve the default skin problem at all.

I'm not running after way to win money but after a way to satisfy the most with the default one while still giving a little plus to donors.
@anyone

I take it that when people mention that xbmc doesn't start with xbmc remote starter app on the pc do you see nothing or do you just see the splash screen (like me) if so I'll try changing port settings as suggested :-)

Edit

Also getting some weird behaviour in the remote (not widget) with rewind doing a forward fast and the play / pause icon not changing from the pause icon
My AV Equipment

Virgin Media TiVo : Sony AV Receiver : Samsung LCD TV : PS3 : PC / HTPC (running xbmc) / Skin Neon / Aeon Nox
If just the splash screen perhaps you use portable mode in one case and not in the other, check if you have the -p parameter in your shortcut and / or in Xbmc Starter.

I'll check the other part about rewind / play ...
What's the p mode for?
My AV Equipment

• 74(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...)24