• 31(current)
Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...)
That's why there are betas and alphas lol

The theming system sound amazing, can't wait to see the next release
1.7 is not yet out and you already want next version Smile

I'm not sure of the order of the next updates so don't wait on externals skins too much Smile
Big Grin LOL what can I say, I love android and is because the amazing developers on the world making amazing and usefull apps. Smile
@Tolriq ...and others
I've been testing this on a new HTPC build. It's going to be a 4 head system so I'm looking forward to multi in 1.7. But I'm afraid I have a (minor) issue with the 'exit' button. Thing is, my wife and other not so competent people will use it and I can easily see them exiting all over the place. Then next time they'll turn on the TV and there's no XBMC.

As it is now it's way too easy to hit exit and close XBMC completely with no similarly obvious way to restart it. Is there anyway that the exit button can be an option or disabled?

Whatever, tks a lot - bcos it's the best remote I can find Smile

T
Well no problem to add a nothing option to exit button, but settings the button to menu should avoid false exit.

About restarting Xbmc if on Windows just look at Xbmc Starter in the Wiki that permit Xbmc start directly from the remote Smile

At the moment I don't have Linux in production at home so can't build the same for Linux and not sure to have enough XP on Linux to do it Smile
Hi there
(2012-04-24, 01:22)warlion Wrote: That's why there are betas and alphas lol

The theming system sound amazing, can't wait to see the next release

Me waiting too. So i can finally add an android holo theme :-D

Y u no hurry up, Tolriq Rofl

Just kidding...

(2012-04-24, 11:49)warlion Wrote: Big Grin LOL what can I say, I love android and is because the amazing developers on the world making amazing and usefull apps. Smile
Nice to see i am not the only one that likes android for that reason. That is one reason i try to contribute with translations and testing...

THX
Chaos

@cHaOs
If you really want an holo theme fast you can make it already so I can add it Smile

http://yatse.leetzone.org/redmine/documents/4 Smile (Please triple check that holo icons can be used and modified in commercial project before start Smile )

So you have some work while I'm out of my PC for 2 days Smile

@To others : please don't all try to makes theme quick since I won't include too much theme in the current app until an external skin solution is made, to avoid big package for free users that can't use them.
(2012-04-24, 13:22)Tolriq Wrote: @cHaOs
If you really want an holo theme fast you can make it already so I can add it Smile

http://yatse.leetzone.org/redmine/documents/4 Smile (Please triple check that holo icons can be used and modified in commercial project before start Smile )

So you have some work while I'm out of my PC for 2 days Smile

Wohoo, will give it a try. Though i am no design guy, i will try my best. but do not expect fast results :-P
Concerning the icons:
According to http://developer.android.com/design/down...index.html:
Quote:You may use these materials without restriction in your apps and to develop your apps.

THX
Chaos
(2012-04-24, 12:20)Tolriq Wrote: Well no problem to add a nothing option to exit button, but settings the button to menu should avoid false exit.
Tks. Unfo the "Power Button" is currently set to "Power Menu" but that just brings up the XBMC exit menu and it's one click away from effectively terminating the HTPC on that Xscreen - they'll click confirm for sure Sad A new option for 'Do Nothing/Ignore' would be perfect then users can tap away randomnly as much as they like (which is exactly what they'll do) but XBMC will keep running.
Quote:About restarting Xbmc if on Windows just look at Xbmc Starter in the Wiki that permit Xbmc start directly from the remote Smile
Nah! Xubuntu 12.04 x32. But the starter will not be necessary if they cannot shut it down in the first place.

Tks again
T

As I said I'll add it no problem, but the user can still activate this menu with arrows Smile If they can false click power then confirm without reading they can do anything :p

You should perhaps at least add a cron that check if xbmc is running and restart if not Smile
any idea when next version will be out that fixes the crashes?

also, as far the exiting comment, yes you can start it with the remote with xbmc starter, works great, but maybe that could be on the power menu button or something? or in an easier place then way at the top that you have to long click to activate it?

in my case, it works fine for what I use it for, but anyone else who tried to use it would not get along with it well.
Tolriq, have a quick question in regards to skinning.. Is the template you have laid out set in stone, or is it something that could be made a bit more robust to allow more customized skins? I have some ideas for a skin but I don't think they would mesh well with the way skins must be made right now..

I realize this is likely not a priority and you have other features to work on, but I honestly think your project has far more potential than the official remote, and the ability to make a truly custom skin would without question totally solidify your project's superiority.. But this would obviously require more complex button mapping and is probably the last thing in the world you would like to tackle at this point Big Grin

I just think instead of having to try different remotes/apps or setting-up the already customizable (and all ugly) remotes, you could really take the cake by allowing user designed remotes.

At any rate, love the project and just wanted to toss the idea out there, unrealistic as it may or may not be.
@skabyss for templates only can use the same side of the img already release cuz android had a special layout I don't thing tolriq will like to make a layout for each template users made, we can change many img but not the layout. There is a special developers that like to do that themers but for us is only the pictures that tolriq release.

Just remember that an app like this take a long long time to made many test and changes ,
if you like the app help support the developer, buy the yatse unlocked , help with translation and if you can a donation to let tolriq that we like his work and we like to continue see new function and support of this app
(2012-04-27, 09:36)warlion Wrote: @skabyss for templates only can use the same side of the img already release cuz android had a special layout I don't thing tolriq will like to make a layout for each template users made, we can change many img but not the layout. There is a special developers that like to do that themers but for us is only the pictures that tolriq release.

Just remember that an app like this take a long long time to made many test and changes ,
if you like the app help support the developer, buy the yatse unlocked , help with translation and if you can a donation to let tolriq that we like his work and we like to continue see new function and support of this app

I realize what goes into making these applications, and have bought the app in the market.. I was just tossing out the idea, and the only logical way around would be to access a config file for each skin that would specify the button maps and parameters, and would need to be made by the skinner. I would never imagine Tolriq wanting to configure each skin, that would become a nightmare!
Skinning Engine with full customization won't surface until very very very very far away time Smile

The main reason is that as you know some buttons or full bars are dynamic and changes with current state this render this idea really really hard to implement since hiding a full bar that is no more a full bar in some skins is well hard :p (Same for dual state buttons where the second state would mean nothing in a new position)

What may arrive before, is a customizable static grid where you can put buttons and select images and actions associated but again no promises.

But I'm still open to update the current layout with a better one if you have ideas and the majority of the users agree with it (I won't do again the 1st skin nobody likes without validation :p)

And no problems to ask for features even if I won't makes them all I'll still write them in some place in a Todo Smile

And for current needs, my main needs is really someone to help me complete / maintain and get a better Wiki Smile With why not translated documentation too Smile
  • 31(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...)24