• 33(current)
Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...)
This indicates that the JSON part is working Smile

So if something is playing in Xbmc the widgets should show it.

For the remoting part, most of the commands use the EventClient, you must check that the settings in xbmc are ok for this part (http://yatse.leetzone.org/redmine/projec...XbmcConfig)

And check firewall about UDP port 9777.
(2012-05-02, 19:22)Tolriq Wrote: For the remoting part, most of the commands use the EventClient, you must check that the settings in xbmc are ok for this part (http://yatse.leetzone.org/redmine/projec...XbmcConfig)

The link you provided appears to be going to a non-existant post:
"The page you were trying to access doesn't exist or has been removed."

Just remove the last ) the forum parser missed it up Smile

http://yatse.leetzone.org/redmine/projec...XbmcConfig
Duh, yeah that would help Smile

Yeah that page just goes through the basics, which I have had set up for some time (forgot to mention that these apps used to work pre-Eden). How does one enable and/or config the 'Eventclient'. Is that separate from the basic web access configuration?

The only thing different in my config is that I have not username or password defined. Is that required?
There's no login/password for EventClient Smile

The important settings is "Allow programs on other systems to control XBMC" this is the one that activate or not EventServer.

You can check that this port is not used by another program by using the command "netstat -ano" that will list all opened port.
Run this command without xbmc started and check that UDP 9777 is not used on 0.0.0.0 then run it with xbmc started and check that the port is now used by Xbmc (check the pid on the last collumn)

You should see a line : UDP 0.0.0.0:9777 *:* 2832
with 2832 is the process id of Xbmc.
Okay, I have more information....make this even weirder. Not sure if it adds some clues to this.

When I start a movie or song via the native interface or the web gui, it immediately shows up in Yatse as 'now playing'. I can then use Yatse to skip, FF, etc. However, once I stop the media (via the phone), I cannot start it again from the app. Navigation doesn't work, even when a song is playing :?

Also, just FYI..even though I don't have servers answering to port 80 on my LAN, I changed the port to something in the 30000 range just for testing. Still no dice.
This confirm that only EventClient does not works Smile
Okay, I figured this out. I am kinda embarrassed to say (given that I have been a network systems engineer for decades), but it was indeed an issue with my network set up. Once I killed XBMC as you suggested, there was a popup alert from my local security software just patiently waiting for me to make a decision as to whether or not I wanted to allow this mysterious application called "XBMC" to communicate on port 9777 to my Trusted zone. As soon as I allowed that traffic, everything came to life.

Those alerts are supposed to come appear in front of whatever I am doing, but I think XBMC is suppressing that kind of thing (which makes sense).

Chalk this one up over-thinking the problem, I suppose. Thanks for your help!
No problem Smile Glad you find this little thing :p
A little question for the browsing part.

Do someone really use / need actor browsing for movies / tv shows ?
I don't use it and to be honest I don't majorly see the point of it
I actually use it. But is not a needed option I can live without it
Hi there
(2012-05-04, 11:29)Tolriq Wrote: A little question for the browsing part.

Do someone really use / need actor browsing for movies / tv shows ?

not often and usually not via Mobile Phone.
IMHO not that important.

THX
Chaos
(2012-05-01, 00:01)robl45 Wrote:
(2012-04-30, 17:16)Tolriq Wrote: Are you using the 1.3 version of the starter ?

doesn't seem to say a version, but i downloaded the 1.3 so I'm definately using it now.

well i'm using 1.3 now and same thing happened, I booted up the pc after hooking up to my projector and tried to start xbmc from yatse remote, wouldn't work even though starter was running.
(2012-05-06, 01:46)robl45 Wrote:
(2012-05-01, 00:01)robl45 Wrote:
(2012-04-30, 17:16)Tolriq Wrote: Are you using the 1.3 version of the starter ?

doesn't seem to say a version, but i downloaded the 1.3 so I'm definately using it now.

well i'm using 1.3 now and same thing happened, I booted up the pc after hooking up to my projector and tried to start xbmc from yatse remote, wouldn't work even though starter was running.

actually it worked tonight. hopefully it keeps working.
  • 33(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...)24