• 49(current)
Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...)
(2012-08-16, 10:29)Tolriq Wrote: Not sure to understand what is not syncing you don't have the list of the episodes or you don't have the images for those ?

In either way, please activate debug mode in advanced settings then send me the debug.log file found in your sdcard (/android/data/org.leetzone....../files/debug.log).

Here is the debug:
https://www.sugarsync.com/pf/D8993263_806_675225635

I get images for movies, TV Show Posters and Seasons, but Episodes don't show up at all.
http://i49.tinypic.com/34sne6h.jpg
(2012-08-17, 01:17)skabyss Wrote: well crap, must be my ROM or some setting I changed and forgot about

Would you have any suggestions on the best way to try to debug this? Would I be able to find the command or signal sent to xbmc via the xbmc logs?

EDIT: I have my debug log here: http://pastebin.com/TfYCAj4X but what would the 'backspace' command from your application appear as in there? Does this sound right?

CApplication::OnKey: 108 (f16c) pressed, trying keyboard action 61804

You can't see it for del key I use EventServer no choice and it does not show up in debug logs.
(2012-08-17, 01:57)handbone Wrote:
(2012-08-16, 10:29)Tolriq Wrote: Not sure to understand what is not syncing you don't have the list of the episodes or you don't have the images for those ?

In either way, please activate debug mode in advanced settings then send me the debug.log file found in your sdcard (/android/data/org.leetzone....../files/debug.log).

Here is the debug:
https://www.sugarsync.com/pf/D8993263_806_675225635

I get images for movies, TV Show Posters and Seasons, but Episodes don't show up at all.
http://i49.tinypic.com/34sne6h.jpg

You have bad values in your Xbmc Database. (2012-08-16 00:33:23.120 Error/Plot Parse error : null: h.a@563: Invalid UTF-8 start byte 0x93)
They have corrected this for future release but for now they don't check that the NFO file you use are correctly encoded.

So if your NFO files have the UTF xml header but are not UTF encoded wrong data arrive in database and more or less breaks Json.

Can you please send me in private your Xbmc movie database ? MyVideos60.db so I can tell you wich are bad and try to better handle it on my side, seems what I did was not sufficient to continue parsing Sad
(2012-08-17, 10:24)Tolriq Wrote:
(2012-08-17, 01:17)skabyss Wrote: well crap, must be my ROM or some setting I changed and forgot about

Would you have any suggestions on the best way to try to debug this? Would I be able to find the command or signal sent to xbmc via the xbmc logs?

EDIT: I have my debug log here: http://pastebin.com/TfYCAj4X but what would the 'backspace' command from your application appear as in there? Does this sound right?

CApplication::OnKey: 108 (f16c) pressed, trying keyboard action 61804

You can't see it for del key I use EventServer no choice and it does not show up in debug logs.

Out of curiosity I installed and tried this with a different keyboard, and it worked again! There must be something going on with the aosp keyboard in jellybean... I'll have to do some more investigating it seems Wink
Well from the updated Android docs :

In particular, the default software keyboard will never send any key event to any application targetting Jelly Bean or later, and will only send events for some presses of the delete and return keys to applications targetting Ice Cream Sandwich or earlier.

I hate android why do they need to break things in all releases ...........

I'll need to find another way to make backspace and enter working again in JB not an easy task due to the way I more or less abuse the system :p
(2012-08-17, 12:07)Tolriq Wrote: Well from the updated Android docs :

In particular, the default software keyboard will never send any key event to any application targetting Jelly Bean or later, and will only send events for some presses of the delete and return keys to applications targetting Ice Cream Sandwich or earlier.

I hate android why do they need to break things in all releases ...........

I'll need to find another way to make backspace and enter working again in JB not an easy task due to the way I more or less abuse the system :p

Heh, wow that is a comically specific problem, I wonder what the reason was for the change..?

Do you think perhaps if I install the ICS keyboard (which is essentially exactly the same except for I think word prediction) the issue could be circumvented? I'll have to give it a go later today..

(2012-08-17, 10:47)Tolriq Wrote: You have bad values in your Xbmc Database. (2012-08-16 00:33:23.120 Error/Plot Parse error : null: h.a@563: Invalid UTF-8 start byte 0x93)
They have corrected this for future release but for now they don't check that the NFO file you use are correctly encoded.

So if your NFO files have the UTF xml header but are not UTF encoded wrong data arrive in database and more or less breaks Json.

Can you please send me in private your Xbmc movie database ? MyVideos60.db so I can tell you wich are bad and try to better handle it on my side, seems what I did was not sufficient to continue parsing Sad

PMed you the Db file

Yes I'm investigating Smile

The bad data is the Chinese GP, do you use NFO do import those ?

If you can correct description then sync works ok.

I'm trying to find a way for Yatse to handle non UTF Json data.
I grabbed the nfos from the F1 thread here. I just removed my F1 folder as a source, cleaned library, and re synced yatse, and now everything is working
OK so again bad nfos Sad

You just need to edit the nfo for Chinese one, and remove 2 bad characters
Quote:Circuit architects Hermann Tilke and Peter Wahl on their creation: �The 5.4 kilometre racing track is shaped like the Chinese character 'shang', which stands for 'high' or 'above'. Other symbols represented in the architecture originate from Chinese history, such as the team buildings arranged like pavilions in a lake to resemble the ancient Yuyan-Garden in Shanghai. Here, nature and technology are carefully used to create harmony between the elements.�

Due to the way I get data, I can't handle that specific case without refactoring all my app, I hope Frodo that correct this comes out soon :p Too bad Xbmc can send corrupted data that not follow specifications Sad
(2012-08-17, 01:04)Tolriq Wrote: @ViZZY Seasons are the same size as movies so not really a problem.

While I do agree that for episodes the small grid is perhaps a little small, there'll never be a way to get episode name in this view.

haha no worries, like i said, just me being a picky bitch. it's all pretty much perfect as it is. :]

also, i've noticed what appears to be a bit of a bug with the yatse plugins...idk if it's because i'm using pre-frodo (since i noticed on the play store for the plugin specific mention of Eden in the description, and also a review mentioning the same issue on the same device, though with a little less tact lol) but when i attempt to make a call, yatse does not pause playback until, ironically, i press the button to hang up. no biggie, sometimes i feel guilty for coming across an error for some piece of free/donationware and i know in my heart i should report it but something also makes me feel like i'm obnoxiously spamming every issue that might be very well known already exclusive to my hardware for all i know and all im doing is wasting the dev's precious time. haha damned if you do... ;]

that all said, the sms plug in functions for me. however, would you ever consider making the sms/call features more robust for yatse or is it sort of a limitation of android? i wish i could control the length of the display message, frequency of display, location on screen etc. id also love to finally see pictures of the people sending sms or calling lol..it's never worked for me, on dharma, eden, prefrodo, etc with any android remote...i just see a blank spot for an image heh.

thanks again, tolriq! :]
Please do report bugs I'm not always aware of them Smile (And better as issue on official site for easier following).

For the outgoing call I must admit I don't handle it but it seems normal that the hangout do send the pause ... Should check that but description all over the place clearly talks about incoming calls :p

Not sure to understand the robust part, but for the display part it's limitations on Xbmc side I don't have any choice on my side of how the notification is displayed, I suppose this is all at the discretion of the current Skin.

Perhaps someone can make a configurable notification plugins but I can't do that Smile

And finally for the moment my api for plugins does not handle images, since there's limitations in android about contact associated images like no real easy access to facebook linked images (wich are most images our days I suppose) I did not push too much toward this.
And there it is :p

Plugin call 1.3.0 just uploaded to handle outgoing call Smile
(2012-08-18, 12:40)Tolriq Wrote: OK so again bad nfos Sad

You just need to edit the nfo for Chinese one, and remove 2 bad characters
Quote:Circuit architects Hermann Tilke and Peter Wahl on their creation: �The 5.4 kilometre racing track is shaped like the Chinese character 'shang', which stands for 'high' or 'above'. Other symbols represented in the architecture originate from Chinese history, such as the team buildings arranged like pavilions in a lake to resemble the ancient Yuyan-Garden in Shanghai. Here, nature and technology are carefully used to create harmony between the elements.�

Due to the way I get data, I can't handle that specific case without refactoring all my app, I hope Frodo that correct this comes out soon :p Too bad Xbmc can send corrupted data that not follow specifications Sad

Thanks. That was the only problem (since it was manual added) Haven't had any issues with the rest of the App. And having fun using the file browse, Finally uninstalled the "official" XBMC app since that was the only thing I used it for
(2012-08-18, 23:10)Tolriq Wrote: Please do report bugs I'm not always aware of them Smile (And better as issue on official site for easier following).

For the outgoing call I must admit I don't handle it but it seems normal that the hangout do send the pause ... Should check that but description all over the place clearly talks about incoming calls :p

Not sure to understand the robust part, but for the display part it's limitations on Xbmc side I don't have any choice on my side of how the notification is displayed, I suppose this is all at the discretion of the current Skin.

Perhaps someone can make a configurable notification plugins but I can't do that Smile

And finally for the moment my api for plugins does not handle images, since there's limitations in android about contact associated images like no real easy access to facebook linked images (wich are most images our days I suppose) I did not push too much toward this.

you're awesome, tolriq! if i could create a holiday and dedicate it to you i totally would! ;D

the update totally fixed the issue, works beautifully now!

you're completely correct about the sms feature being a skin limitation. haha that's what i get for posting on here before i've fully regained consciousness, i.e. about an hour lol.

that also totally makes sense about social media linking and explains why the feature never worked for me, on different android devices as well as versions of xbmc.

thanks again!

Happy Tolriq day to all! :]
  • 49(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...)24