• 51(current)
Android Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...)
Hey Tolriq just fantastic work. I'm liking how I can see it on the lockscreen now in JB. Just wondering if it is possible in the future build to have the queue list appear on the lockscreen?
I am blown away by this app. Absolutely amazing. The only thing I could think of that would make it even better is volume control via the hardware volume buttons. Keep up the amazing work!
By the way Tolriq the only other place I noticed the wrong size thumbnails was in the now playing section
I have seen that many of your lists are sorted alphabetically from A-Z and then start again from a-z lower case at the end. I had the same problem a while ago in music pump. You can fix this by using COLLATE NOCASE in your sql queries. Just modify your sql query like this:
select * from table where .... order by xy COLLATE NOCASE

@Cuturic : no it's not possible this is limitations of Android.

@lockdown571 : Hardware buttons works in remote and now playing, next version will extend this to all screens.

@skabyss : thanks for feedback.

@Millencolin007 : thanks for information but the problem with NOCASE is that it does not correctly handle Unicode, Android have a special collation named well UNICODE that is there for that but while in the docs they said it's not case sensitive since ICS it has now become case sensitive Sad see : http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=27053.

I have still not checked if it's still the case in Jelly Bean but since only 30% of my users are English from Google play stats I don't really know what collation to choose Sad
Quote:@Millencolin007 : thanks for information but the problem with NOCASE is that it does not correctly handle Unicode, Android have a special collation named well UNICODE that is there for that but while in the docs they said it's not case sensitive since ICS it has now become case sensitive Sad see : http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=27053.

I have still not checked if it's still the case in Jelly Bean but since only 30% of my users are English from Google play stats I don't really know what collation to choose Sad

All the android bugs I run into as well... just frustrating

Unicode would be the better solution if it works properly since äöü are still at the end if you use COLLATE NOCASE. And even if only 30% of the users are English from the statistics a much higher percentage listens to English music and most tracks don't start with special characters anyway.
Ho yes so much bugs Smile The more frustrating ones are those that are opens on bug tracker since 4 years and still not handled Sad

The worse for me : http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=16571 and http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=2254 I lost so many time not understanding why things does not works as they should.
Now I know that as soon as something is strange first check issues then try to correct if it's my code :p

About language I must admit I did not think about those stats :p I was more focused on my library where I have movies like æon flux or L'Âge de glace (with sort tokens ) I think I'll add an option for nocase since it's only problematic in ICS.

Thanks for feedback anyway Smile
This looks great. I cannot for the life of me get the official xbmc remote to work, so I'll be giving this a go tonight!
Okay, I have one more suggestion, and that's to have the now playing screen automatically come up when you press play on a media file. If that were the case, I probably wouldn't mind that the volume controls only work in the remote and now playing screen Smile
Well the volume will work everywhere Smile

And you have a small eye icon in most menus (maybe in overflow or hard menu button) to go to now playing.

Direct going to now playing may not be wanted all the times and there won't be any easy way for the user to disable it when some times he don't want it like queuing songs or tv episodes. Not talking about media that can take long time to start due to buffering for example.

Touching a icon to go to now playing is the simplest and quickest way for all needs Smile
YATSE is the best xbmc remote i've come across so far (tried the official, soulmote & xmbc music)

I have just bought the donate version, and while the Simply Black theme ha the widget in a semi transparent background, I would like to request for a fully transparent widget to go with my homescreen if possible. Actually I have tried editing the .xml but it didnt help unfortunately.
(2012-08-22, 06:46)xmbc Wrote: YATSE is the best xbmc remote i've come across so far (tried the official, soulmote & xmbc music)

I have just bought the donate version, and while the Simply Black theme ha the widget in a semi transparent background, I would like to request for a fully transparent widget to go with my homescreen if possible. Actually I have tried editing the .xml but it didnt help unfortunately.

i concur! i'd love either adjustable transparency or just an option for a completely transparent widget. +1 vote! :]]

tolriq, i have an even greater request for you and in return i promise to name my first born in your honor! little tolriq, hopefully a boy at least, will completely understand my decision when i explain how cool this app is after years of intense therapy for all the teasing lol jk ;D

i use and love spotimc, a music add on which allows me to stream my spotify playlists from within xmbc. however, even though xmbc is able to pull all the pertinent image based data (covers, fan art, similar artists, etc) yatse is never able to. this results in a less polished experience when using yatse and spotimc vs just listening to my local collection and is slowly kind of driving me crazy apparently lol. i am not certain if this is something on your end but if you could make it so yatse and spotimc play nicely, that is the world i want little tolriq to grow up in! ;D

thanks again for reading! :]
Np for transparent Widget will be in next version.

For spotimc this is not on my side Sad The plugin needs to fills data in current player for me to get it.
And I don't know python (and don't want to :p ) so I can't really help, ask the author to check Youtube plugin so he adds the missing part.
(2012-08-22, 17:36)Tolriq Wrote: Np for transparent Widget will be in next version.

For spotimc this is not on my side Sad The plugin needs to fills data in current player for me to get it.
And I don't know python (and don't want to :p ) so I can't really help, ask the author to check Youtube plugin so he adds the missing part.

Excellent news, cant wait for the next update!
(2012-08-22, 17:36)Tolriq Wrote: Np for transparent Widget will be in next version.

Wonderful news about transparent widgets! Looking super forward to that! Big Grin

As for spotimc, thank you so much for looking into the issue. Posted another inquiry on the official spotimc thread, hoping for a positive response. Thanks again, Tolriq! :]
  • 51(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Yatse: Full featured Kodi Remote (Widgets, Streaming, Offline media, ...)24