Cannot enable any pvr add-on
Installed take 11 from this build http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=9...post970343 yesterday .

xbmc installs nicely and starts up as it should. problem is when i go to system -> add-on - > installed add-ons -> pvr clients and try to enable any of the ones that are there i just refuses to enable it , no popup or anything just refuses to enable. have tried booth MP , hts , myth and Vansi

so when i try to enable the live tv from system -> livetv -> general i get the no pvr add-ion enabled popup and is thrown back to the installed add-ons section.

running ios 4.4.4 on apple tv 2
http://stmlabs.com/forum/topic/pvr-tvhea...ddon-error

The problem is for all PVR addons the same. If symbolic link is not working for you, just copy and paste and rename to (libXBMC_addon-i486-linux.so).

Originally by Fred:

To get the ForTheRecord PVR addon working I only needed 2 symlinks:

in "/usr/local/lib/xbmc/addons/library.xbmc.addon" issue the command:

ln -s libXBMC_addon-x86_64-linux.so libXBMC_addon-i486-linux.so

in "/usr/local/lib/xbmc/addons/library.xbmc.pvr" issue the command:

ln -s libXBMC_pvr-x86_64-linux.so libXBMC_pvr-i486-linux.so

and then you should be able to use the PVR addon.

P.S.:
And please leave some kind of feedback so other users will also get the answer, because i see there are already many users with the same problem floating around.

Cheers
I had the same problem on my Ubuntu Oneiric x64 using the PulseEight packages. I tried the above response and that didn't work. I checked the debug log and saw lots of SQL errors for a missing pvr table. By deleting my .xbmc folder I forced xbmc to create a new database and now everything works. It's a drastic solution but it worked for me. My assumption is installing the PulseEight packages do not run a database update script to add the required tables to any existing database.
odysseus_nz Wrote:I had the same problem on my Ubuntu Oneiric x64 using the PulseEight packages. I tried the above response and that didn't work. I checked the debug log and saw lots of SQL errors for a missing pvr table. By deleting my .xbmc folder I forced xbmc to create a new database and now everything works. It's a drastic solution but it worked for me. My assumption is installing the PulseEight packages do not run a database update script to add the required tables to any existing database.

when i cehcked the logs i got the database error aswell. so i just rename addon15.db to old and started up again . now i can activate. but still couldn´t start. so i went back to the logs. turned out be a that the addon-xml was calling for XBMC_MythTV.pvr but the file was namned XBMC_Mythtv.pvr but when fixing that problem i get the unknown error that liliac is talking about.

so now i have have tried to symlink ln -s libXBMC_pvr-arm-osx.so --- > libXBMC_pvr-i486-linux.so but that didn't work either

getting this error in logs

11:47:56 T:92065792 DEBUG: InitialiseClient - initialising add-on 'MythTV PVR Client'
11:47:56 T:92065792 DEBUG: PVR - Create - creating PVR add-on instance 'MythTV PVR Client'
11:47:56 T:92065792 DEBUG: ADDON: Dll Initializing - MythTV PVR Client
11:47:56 T:92065792 DEBUG: SECTION:LoadDLL(/private/var/stash/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/XBMCData/XBMCHome/addons/pvr.mythtv/XBMC_MythTV.pvr)
11:47:56 T:92065792 DEBUG: Loading: /private/var/stash/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/XBMCData/XBMCHome/addons/pvr.mythtv/XBMC_MythTV.pvr
11:47:56 T:92065792 ERROR: Unable to load /private/var/stash/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/XBMCData/XBMCHome/addons/pvr.mythtv/XBMC_MythTV.pvr, reason: dlopen(/private/var/stash/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/XBMCData/XBMCHome/addons/pvr.mythtv/XBMC_MythTV.pvr, 1): Symbol not found: __ZNK25GetProgramGuideParameters21createParameterStringEv
Referenced from: /private/var/stash/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/XBMCData/XBMCHome/addons/pvr.mythtv/XBMC_MythTV.pvr
Expected in: flat namespace
in /private/var/stash/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/XBMCData/XBMCHome/addons/pvr.mythtv/XBMC_MythTV.pvr
11:47:56 T:92065792 INFO: Called Add-on status handler for '4' of clientName:MythTV PVR Client, clientID:pvr.mythtv (same Thread=no)
11:47:56 T:136716288 DEBUG: Thread CAddonStatusHandler:pvr.mythtv start, auto delete: 1
11:47:56 T:92065792 ERROR: PVR - InitialiseClient - can't initialise add-on 'MythTV PVR Client'
As stated on above link.

-----------------------------------
edit /usr/local/bin/xbmc, change

"$LIBDIR/xbmc/xbmc.bin" $SAVED_ARGS

into

"$LIBDIR/xbmc/xbmc.bin" $SAVED_ARGS 2> /tmp/xbmc_stderr.log

re-boot and try to enable the PVR addon. After the error messages, inspect /tmp/xbmc_stderr.log for additional information. My guess is that you will find error messages about being unable to load libraries. Something like "Unable to load /usr/local/lib/xbmc/addons/library.xbmc.pvr/libXBMC_pvr-i486-linux.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory", etc.
----------------------------------
illiac4 Wrote:As stated on above link.

-----------------------------------
edit /usr/local/bin/xbmc, change

"$LIBDIR/xbmc/xbmc.bin" $SAVED_ARGS

into

"$LIBDIR/xbmc/xbmc.bin" $SAVED_ARGS 2> /tmp/xbmc_stderr.log

re-boot and try to enable the PVR addon. After the error messages, inspect /tmp/xbmc_stderr.log for additional information. My guess is that you will find error messages about being unable to load libraries. Something like "Unable to load /usr/local/lib/xbmc/addons/library.xbmc.pvr/libXBMC_pvr-i486-linux.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory", etc.
----------------------------------

do you know where the xmbc.bin is on the atv2 ? there is no /usr/local/bin , and it is not in /usr/bin
Well, all I can say is it works for me on x64 Linux, no messing with the libraries required. That may be something specific to ATV2.

But here's a suggestion, try moving your .xbmc folder to .xbmc-old then start it up. If it then works it indicates something else needs fixing somewhere in the config, possibly involving paths to add-ons.
I have same problems with windows version: Update: 26-12-2011: XBMC v11.0 Eden PVR beta 1 Windows setup (github/margro/Eden-pvr PVR build).
When I want to enable Mediaportal PVR client nothing happen. Any solution for windows users?
@refosk:
Did you upgrade from a previous version or is this a clean install?
For upgrade: delete your addons*.db and tv*.db files from the XBMC user profile and try again.
For a clean install: just to be sure.. did you also install the MediaPortal tvserver AND the TvServerXBMC plugin? If so, please enable XBMC debug logging and post a xbmc.log file on pastebin.
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
margro Wrote:@refosk:
For upgrade: delete your addons*.db and tv*.db files from the XBMC user profile and try again.

That helps, thank you.
happy new year !
schneberger Wrote:do you know where the XBMC.bin is on the atv2 ? there is no /usr/local/bin , and it is not in /usr/bin

still no luck

can't find what file you want me to edit. tried to edit /private/var/stash/Applications/XBMCFrappilance/XBMC but that can't be the file you mean because when i open it in nano it is very many strange symbols in it .

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot enable any pvr add-on0