Ask to locate moved file
When attempting to play a movie that has been moved, the only option given is to remove it from the library (or not). It would be nice if that dialog also presented a browse option to re-locate the file. (Rather than having to remove it and then readd it and all thumbnails/fanart/info/etc.)
Agreed - post a feature request on trac so we don't forget about it.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:Agreed - post a feature request on trac so we don't forget about it.

ok:

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/8129
Hi,

I have a somewhat similar feature request which I accidentally filed a ticket for because I didn't notice this one. Sho pointed out that it was a duplicate so I would like to add the following suggestion to this ticket:

Background:

Some people use multiple media servers for storing files. In certain situations files get moved from one to the other (e.g. a TV Series is discontinued and now archived) but the the files should still be playable regardless of the location. Currently one would either have to clean the database regularly to get rid of the old items (with the old file locations) loosing the watched flag etc. Or editing the database (by exporting, changing paths, importing or such).

Proposal:

If upon scanning video files a file is found which resembles an already existing item in the database (compare file name, file size and/or other metadata) give the user an option to not add an additional item to the database but update the existing item with the new location.

Also add an option for the user to choose what happens when the scraper finds (or suspects a duplicate):

- Always add a new item
- Ask user (with a dialog which asks whether to add a new item or update the existing item, including info about the 2 items for the user to check if it's a correct match)
- Always update existing items

If I can provide more information about what I mean please let me know since English isn't my first language Wink I will also add the above information to the existing ticket...

cheers

taalas

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ask to locate moved file0