TV Shows - Alternate Sorts
In my XBMC I scrape using TVDB, which works really well.

I noticed on their site, when you bring up a series you can display in order of aired, or dvd order, maybe a few others...

Be nice if that was an option in XBMC as well.

For example, Undeclared... haven't seen it in years, watched it and it played in what was apparently the defaulted aired order, but wow did it make no sense at all. Checked TVDB and files are fine, which is when I discovered the alternate sorts and DVD order was way way different. Few other shows are the same, like Firefly (though not as bad).

I use TheRenamer which also scrapes TVDB and rename my files so that XBMC scrapes it hassle free but... for a few shows wishing I didn't.

Anyway, just a thought... if when it scrapes it picks up alternate sort orders as well because personally I'd rather watch in DVD release order since likely that was the order they intended it to be watched in anyway.
System 1: HK1 RBox - Android 11, S905X4 Quad-Core, 4GB DDR3 - CoreElec KODI 20.3
System 2: Beelink GT1 Ultimate - Android 7.1, S912 Octa-Core 1.5 GHz, 3GB DDR4 - CoreElec KODI 18
Storage: WD MyCloud EX2 Ultra NAS - 2x4TB WD Blue (WD40EZRZ)
Display: 55" TCL 55R615-CA 4K TV
THRobinson Wrote:In my XBMC I scrape using TVDB, which works really well.

I noticed on their site, when you bring up a series you can display in order of aired, or dvd order, maybe a few others...

Be nice if that was an option in XBMC as well.

For example, Undeclared... haven't seen it in years, watched it and it played in what was apparently the defaulted aired order, but wow did it make no sense at all. Checked TVDB and files are fine, which is when I discovered the alternate sorts and DVD order was way way different. Few other shows are the same, like Firefly (though not as bad).

I use TheRenamer which also scrapes TVDB and rename my files so that XBMC scrapes it hassle free but... for a few shows wishing I didn't.

Anyway, just a thought... if when it scrapes it picks up alternate sort orders as well because personally I'd rather watch in DVD release order since likely that was the order they intended it to be watched in anyway.

You can change the sort order to DVD order when you configure the content. When you set the content (choose whether it's TV Shows, Movie or Music Video) you go into the scraper setting and select DVD Order instead of Aired Order. You can also do this for a specific folder (TV Show) by going into the files mode, browse to the folder with the specific folder you want to change to DVD Order, press C and select "Set Content" from the menu.
Awesome... will give it a try. A few shows really make no sense based on the default sort.
System 1: HK1 RBox - Android 11, S905X4 Quad-Core, 4GB DDR3 - CoreElec KODI 20.3
System 2: Beelink GT1 Ultimate - Android 7.1, S912 Octa-Core 1.5 GHz, 3GB DDR4 - CoreElec KODI 18
Hmm, not seeing any changes....

I clicked on the folder for "Undeclared" and set the content to nothing, then cleaned the library, went back and set content to TV Shows using TVDB and in setting found the DVD Order option, clicked ok, scanned for new content, and still showing in the same incorrect order. Only change was that now oddly my subfolder (season 1, specials) art is missing.
Nevermind... ran it again and seems find now. Not sure why didn't work the first time but it's working. Thanks Smile
Actually, got another question...

I used TheRenamer to scrape the titles from TVDB and rename the files so that XBMC will scrape trouble free.

When I changed it to DVD Sort, the order changes, but... when I hit play, it doesn't play the right file... it displays DVD order but plays the original order. I'm assuming because of the files being named based on the default order but, doesn't the DVD sort take that into consideration? Do I now have to not only setup the sort by DVD, but go through and rename all the files as well?
Bumping... looking to see what needs done before I go renaming a bunch of files. :S
Pretty much. If you had TheRenamer rename your files using the air date even though they were in DVD order than of course the names will be wrong. You're going to have to rename them according to the DVD order for XBMC to dislay them properly. You shouldn't have to re-add them to the library though.
Bummer... I read that older versions of TheRenamer allowed for renaming by DVD order though glitchy... still... shame XBMC didn't have a way to scrape and download the alternate sorts and just know how to rearrange them on it's own.

Luckily, only a few shows that NEED to be sorted by DVD order. Again, watched Undeclared and timeline made 0 sense. Firefly wasn't as bad but definitely needed a few rearranged.
You can set the scrapper to pull DVD ordering or absolute
isamu.dragon Wrote:You can set the scrapper to pull DVD ordering or absolute

Yup, I know... problem is it's showing the DVD order but playing the the default order.

I used TheRenamer to rename the files based on the default naming/order in the TVDB, but in XBMC when scraping, if I scrape by DVD order, it's showing the DVD order but playing in the default aired order.

So, on my screen, if I click episode 1, it shows the correct DVD information, but when I hit play, it's still playing the aired episode 1.
I would also like this option. Although you can use the scraper to choose a different sort method it means that you have to change the renaming of all of those files. It also means that if for example if you have a mutli-user setup that if one person has been watching a show in aired order and the other would like to watch it in DVD order it isn't possible. Also with addons like Trakt issues could (currently i cant get trakt to work with absolute order) arrise.

Whereas if it is just a change in how the files are displayed and no change to the database trakt and a multiuser setup would not run into the above problems.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Shows - Alternate Sorts0