Keyboard Shortcut Map (Image)
Hi guys,

I don't know if anyone has done this before, but I could not locate one on the forums, or in a google images search, but I find it handy. Might be more useful for n00bs, like me Rolleyes

Basically I took the keyboard shortcut keys that are listed in the wiki, brought the more pertinent ones to the fore (with "Play", "Stop", "Pause", "Rewind" and "Fast forward" icons) for ease of use.

I have it sitting as a background on my HTPC now, but will print one when I get some more ink.

Here is the one I use;
(227Kb)

Here is one that includes common Mac commands and mouse commands;
(276Kb)

Let me know if there are any suggestions/changes/additions, but I should say that I am not a designer by any means - I put these together in Excel..

Cheers,

francis
Thank you for this nicely laid-out image. I am a complete newbie, and a handy reference guide is exactly what I was looking for. You say you are not a designer, but I have my doubts about that statement Smile
We also have the somewhat-recently revised Keyboard (wiki) controls page.
(2012-05-09, 18:34)Ned Scott Wrote: We also have the somewhat-recently revised Keyboard (wiki) controls page.

The new page looks great - but it's missing functionality from the old page. Specifically, it shows "Common keyboard controls" - but not all of them. Any chance of having another page that includes the complete list? Or at least a reference to /usr/share/xbmc/system/keymaps/keyboard.xml so that people know where to look for more advanced keyboard shortcuts?
(2012-05-22, 22:08)teaguecl Wrote: The new page looks great - but it's missing functionality from the old page. Specifically, it shows "Common keyboard controls" - but not all of them. Any chance of having another page that includes the complete list? Or at least a reference to /usr/share/xbmc/system/keymaps/keyboard.xml so that people know where to look for more advanced keyboard shortcuts?

Aye, I plan to make a full extensive page with every possible option, as well as explaining the various other options of keyboard.xml files. I just gotta get the led out and have at it :)
Very nice thank you for sharing! Very impressive that you were able to pull this off in Excel.

Any chance you would share the original Excel file?
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
It's hard for these old eyes to see this yellow on black text.

Could you provide the master file for me to edit or at perhaps a revised guide with white text?
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
no shortcut for Favorites other than the on screen star?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Keyboard Shortcut Map (Image)0