Recommended skin/setup for simple video browse/playback?
Hello, I'm a new user of Kodi after years of Windows MCE. I only use it to browse and play video files I have in a folder on the media center PC Kodi is installed on, and it is only operated with the Rii i8+ remote (eg. "10 foot UI").

I find the default setup and menus of Kodi quite over-complicated for this use, and my question is: Any recommendations on skin and/or settings that will focus mainly on this use case? (including starting up directly in video library perhaps)

I have both movies and TV series in the same folder on the PC (many in sub-folders, but consistent organization is not my strong suit), Kodi seems to want TV and Movies in different folders to collect info, or is there a way around this?

Any help and recommendations greatly appreciated!
(2018-12-05, 12:13)Jon_Noj Wrote: I only use it to browse and play video files

Kodi seems to want TV and Movies in different folders to collect info, or is there a way around this?
If you're looking for meta-data/artwork without much effort, choose Kodi and it's default skin. You will have to do two folders, one for TV and one for movies and it will be so much effort that normal humans will toss their cookies. That button. add source complication when you run Kodi should stop anyone dead, but alas millions have persevered and now enjoy the best Home Theatre any money could buy, with a money back guarantee!

oth: Most standalone video players offer the ability to open folders/files based on file-type (including Kodi), get yourself a FLIRC https://flirc.tv/ and you're done.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Recommended skin/setup for simple video browse/playback?0