No space left on device(after searching through forum first no answer found)
Wendo Wrote:Your problem is with the above command, it's a small L, not a capital I

Given the state of your ATV now it's probably worth re-jailbreaking it and trying again, making sure you don't get any errors after each step

The jailbreak was fine. I went back and corrected the error and it worked. Thanx for all who helped me solve the issue. Now one more question. Is there anyway to get weather to show F and not C? I've looked all over the setting and found nothing.
Jester Wrote:try this:

ssh root@apple-tv
mkdir -p /private/var/Applications
cd /Applications
mv * /private/var/Applications
cd /
rmdir /Applications (This won't delete unless the directory is empty...)
ln -s /private/var/Applications /Applications
cd
apt-get update
apt-get install org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2

just a question...am i supposed to type this in at the terminal command line by line...or am i supposed to look in these directories?
re-jailbreak with the updated SeasonPass, 0.8.1 . There was an error in the way it handled /Applications.
davilla Wrote:re-jailbreak with the updated SeasonPass, 0.8.1 . There was an error in the way it handled /Applications.

will do i feel its being sluggish after the initial JB. quick question i know its user error. i get this now when trying to ssh into the apple tv, i didn't get this error yesterday.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
@ WARNING: REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED! @
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
IT IS POSSIBLE THAT SOMEONE IS DOING SOMETHING NASTY!
Someone could be eavesdropping on you right now (man-in-the-middle attack)!
It is also possible that the RSA host key has just been changed.
The fingerprint for the RSA key sent by the remote host is
61:32:d5:bb:98:42:a5:04:78:ad:9f:11:8c:c4:77:ed.
Please contact your system administrator.
Add correct host key in /Volumes/Shared HDD/Users/geezy/.ssh/known_hosts to get rid of this message.
Offending key in /Volumes/Shared HDD/Users/geezy/.ssh/known_hosts:1
RSA host key for 192.168.1.110 has changed and you have requested strict checking.
Host key verification failed.
geoffs-MacBook:~ gbrown10$
Code:
rm /Volumes/Shared HDD/Users/geezy/.ssh/known_hosts
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Rainbow 
Memphiz Wrote:
Code:
rm /Volumes/Shared HDD/Users/geezy/.ssh/known_hosts

Thanx for the help to all. I'm up and running perfect now. Watched a movie last night. Now I'm hoping I can install other cool things.
Sad 
new issue sorry for bugging you guys. i switched internet providers today. and I'm using filezila to ssh into my apple tv using this method.

///Open FileZilla and connect to your Apple TV
New Site > Select SFTP and the host address if your Apple TV IP address.
Username: root
Password: alpine
///

and i get this error

Response: fzSftp started
Command: open "[email protected]" 22
Error: Connection timed out
Error: Could not connect to server

I'm using time warner cable for internet
SFTP and SCP are different protocols. The ATV offers SCP via SSH, not SFTP. Grab an SCP client like WinSCP
Wendo Wrote:SFTP and SCP are different protocols. The ATV offers SCP via SSH, not SFTP. Grab an SCP client like WinSCP

Don't think that's correct. I'm using a Mac. And I ssh into the atv with sftp using a different ip address. Mines for some reason gives the error in my post above. FileZilla worked perfect.
Odd, they are definatly different protocols, SFTP is an encrypted FTP session, usually using SSL/TLS, whereas SCP is an SSH encrypted filetransfer protocol. Didn't know the JB's provided SFTP as well
Wendo Wrote:Odd, they are definatly different protocols, SFTP is an encrypted FTP session, usually using SSL/TLS, whereas SCP is an SSH encrypted filetransfer protocol. Didn't know the JB's provided SFTP as well

Yea it's crazy because my last up address worked. My new one connection times out. I'll keep trying.
Check that the ip address of the atv has not changed or that your firewall is not blocking it.
g-off Wrote:Check that the ip address of the atv has not changed or that your firewall is not blocking it.

No firewall. And ip address is changed but it's entered correct. Got info from atv and XBMC settings to make sure.

But I will double check again.

**** quick update i got it to work. did nothing different from what i was doing early today before work. all is well now. thanx to all who have help once again
Wendo Wrote:Odd, they are definatly different protocols, SFTP is an encrypted FTP session, usually using SSL/TLS, whereas SCP is an SSH encrypted filetransfer protocol. Didn't know the JB's provided SFTP as well

No. SFTP is not an encrypted FTP connection. SFTP is SSH File Transfer Protocol. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SSH_File_Transfer_Protocol
Ned Scott Wrote:No. SFTP is not an encrypted FTP connection. SFTP is SSH File Transfer Protocol. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SSH_File_Transfer_Protocol

I think you are splitting hairs now. To a technical person, SFTP is not encrypted FTP but SFTP indeed is an encrypted file transfer protocol. In fact, the article you linked to at Wikipedia also called it Secure FTP and is encrypted.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No space left on device(after searching through forum first no answer found)0