No space left on device(after searching through forum first no answer found)
mealto Wrote:I think you are splitting hairs now. To a technical person, SFTP is not encrypted FTP but SFTP indeed is an encrypted file transfer protocol. In fact, the article you linked to at Wikipedia also called it Secure FTP and is encrypted.

sftp is not using ftp commands ... no hairsplitting, but trying to keep the forum clean

form the wikiarticle:

SFTP is not FTP run over SSH, but rather a new protocol designed from the ground up by the IETF SECSH working group.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
mealto Wrote:I think you are splitting hairs now. To a technical person, SFTP is not encrypted FTP but SFTP indeed is an encrypted file transfer protocol. In fact, the article you linked to at Wikipedia also called it Secure FTP and is encrypted.

"FTP over SSH" is totally different than SFTP.

It's not splitting hairs when someone says "The ATV offers SCP via SSH, not SFTP" or "Odd, they are definatly different protocols". All of our XBMC wiki and FAQ (and most of our forum) instructions say "SFTP". When you have SSH access you also have SFTP access. Users telling other users they don't have SFTP is an issue when everything else tells them that they do.
I followed jester steps. Now my atv2 cannot start. Can anyone help?

I still see my /Applications files in /private/var/Applications.

I don't know about this step (rmdir /Applications (This won't delete unless the directory is empty...) the directory is empty but prompt says cannot remove.
(2012-08-04, 04:55)atr675 Wrote: I followed jester steps. Now my atv2 cannot start. Can anyone help?

I still see my /Applications files in /private/var/Applications.

I don't know about this step (rmdir /Applications (This won't delete unless the directory is empty...) the directory is empty but prompt says cannot remove.

I manage to 'fix' atv2 from not starting and thanks Jester for the tip. I used it to reverse the procedure.

But now I am back to my original problem of out of space. I am at 91% full on /dev/disk0s1s1.

Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/disk0s1s1 569M 508M 56M 91% /
devfs 26K 26K 0 100% /dev
/dev/disk0s1s2 6.9G 932M 6.0G 14% /private/var
du -h /
(2012-08-04, 17:00)davilla Wrote: du -h /

I did that command also. But I am unsure what is needed for xbmc/addons and what are temporary files. I don't know what to delete.

http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=6119

thanks
I found out what directories that took most spaces. Can someone tell me if I can delete them. (what files inside of these) This is for the 1st partition.

thanks

/dev/disk0s1s1 569M 508M 56M 91% /
/System/Library/Caches 171MB
/System/Library/Fonts 110MB
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks 182MB

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No space left on device(after searching through forum first no answer found)0