Don't think HD playback is using GPU
Hi all,

I had a HP Microserver for Christmas, I tried a 1080p video on XBMC live and it seemed to play perfectly, although both cores were running high, one at 96%, and one at 77%.

VDPAU hardware acceleration was enabled, any ideas why the GPU doesn't appear to be taking the strain please?
Lounge rig: nVidia Shield - Official Kodi
Bedroom rig: Amazon Fire TV - Kodi 17.3
Backend: HP Microserver, Ubuntu, JBOD
What is the hardware spec of the microserver ?
It's an AMD Turion II processor which contains 2 x 1.5GHz cores. I added 6GB 1333MHz ram and a Zotac Geforce 210 512Mb GPU
Aye, something must be wrong. When my Atom D510 decodes 1080p, CPU load is around 10-20%, that's it.
HTPC: LibreELEC 7 on Shuttle XS35GTv2 & Raspberry Pi 3
NAS: NAS4Free 2x 3TB Raid1
I can't help much, but wanted to mention that I have been having issues with older hardware that I wiped and reload Ubuntu from scratch. Now I can't get GPU acceleration working. I am trying to run Dharma due to the need for MythTV support. What version XBMC are you running.

I did come across one step that didn't help me but may help you: apt-get install libvdpau1

Good luck.
You most likely need to get "under the hood" of XBMC and poke around a bit in the OS for stuff like "drivers properly loaded" etc. If I could I would tell you how to, but I can't.

Also, your question may get better and more suitable attention by being asked in the Offtopic/Hardware subforum. The elegant way is most likely to poke a moderator and ask for the thread to be moved (rather than double posting).
HTPC: LibreELEC 7 on Shuttle XS35GTv2 & Raspberry Pi 3
NAS: NAS4Free 2x 3TB Raid1
Boppy3125 Wrote:I did come across one step that didn't help me but may help you: apt-get install libvdpau1

Good luck.

thanks I'll try that. I find it quite bizarre that my little low power server can run 1080p on it's CPU ShockedEek

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Don't think HD playback is using GPU0