livetv dxva broken with latest nightlies/beta
Hi,

I've got some trouble with livetv, and only there everywhere else it works fine, in the latest eden nightlies and beta: I notice fluctuating fps while watching any livetv be it SD or HD, checking the fps with the info button I also see it constantly changing between 40-50 fps. If I switch back to a build from (or before) 04.12.2011 the problem fixes itself, so it must be some dxva related patch after that date, at least that's my guess.

Here part of a log file showing me starting livetv and getting dxva errors on one of the new builds:

http://pastebin.com/kFzs0yEp

I've tested this with both opdenkamp and magro, as soon as I go past a 4th of December build I'm getting these errors, switching off the frame rate sync or de-interlacing doesn't solve it either. Anybody can make sense of it? Added as much info I can think of, if I forgot anything important I'll be happy to add it.

Update: check my second post I seem to have fund the culprit
After some further tests I'm quite sure it is the MediaPortal TSReader plugin that is causing the problems, I switched to the ffmpeg plugin for a test and the stuttering is completely gone.

I seem to be quite alone on this so maybe it has something to do with my setup too. (Win7 with ION graphics). Happy at least the rtsp ffmpeg plugin works as intended, even though the channel switching times are a little longer.

Maybe somebody can shed some light into why I only got stutters with the TSReader plugin?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
livetv dxva broken with latest nightlies/beta0