[LINUX] AirPlay / AirTunes Metadata Streaming
Mhh well i found the implementation - but i just can't get iTunes to send some metadata to me. So i'm no step nearer Sad
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Rainbow 
bummer, I guess i'll have to dream about unicorns and rainbows in the meantime. Its bound to happen. Smile
Talked to the MythTV dev who gave me some pointers. Will try it out after work.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/946 <- when this pr goes in - metadata will be working (as already said - only when using itunes clients).
Awesome work! This was the one *tiny* thing that annoyed me about XBMC, now it's perfect Smile
(2012-05-09, 01:31)acandido Wrote: Awesome work! This was the one *tiny* thing that annoyed me about XBMC, now it's perfect Smile

No its not - only itunes sends metadata - not working via ios devices (which i prefer to use for streaming music for example).
(2012-05-09, 10:54)Memphiz Wrote: No its not - only itunes sends metadata - not working via ios devices (which i prefer to use for streaming music for example).

OK, fair enough. Halfway there I guess. I'm actually quite surprised that streaming from iTunes vs. iOS uses different encryption. If anything I'd expect them both to use Fairplay, or ideally nothing. Wink
No - we announce that we only understand "RSA" encryption. Thats why both send the audio with RSA encrypted. iTunes is so nice to deliver metadata via RSA encryption too. But apple told iOS to not do so Wink.
I figured out that my ipad with iOS 4.3.5 sends metadata to XBMC, my iPod with iOS 5.0.1 doesn't. So at least the older iOS versions work same like with iTunes Wink
Nice, so lucky for people who have their old SHSH blobs and are willing to downgrade Smile

Does iOS > 4.3.x use RSA encryption for streaming and FairPlay for metadata? I guess most legacy devices that support AirPlay wouldn't be able to do anything w/ metadata anyway.
no. Both is encrypted the same way (stream + metadata). But when the server announces that he doesn't support fairplay - the new ios devices use whats possible (rsa) and just skip sending metadata over it and only deliver the stream.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] AirPlay / AirTunes Metadata Streaming0