Setup Multiple ATV2 Devices
I'm hoping that someone can help shed some light on this issue for me. I have multiple AppleTV devices that I need to set up, and I'm looking for a more efficient way to do this. I have one device set up now, and I'm hoping that I can export my Music and Video libraries on the "finished" ATV2, SFTP them from the "finished" ATV2 to the "unfinished" ATV2, and then import the libraries on the "unfinished" ATV2. That part seems pretty easy and straightforward.

What I'm really curious about is whether or not it is impossible to do the same thing with the Add-Ons on the "finished" ATV2. I'm using the Amazon, ESPN and Hulu plug-ins from BlueCop, and I would rather not have to re-enter all of the user details on the "unfinished" ATV2. I am also using a different skin (Confluence-MOD from MadMax) and would like to be able to easily import not only the skin but the customizations I've made to it as well.

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can provide.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=IOS_FAQ#Backup

That talks about making backups, but it's the same thing with multiple ATV2s. Just copy the entire /xbmc/ directory and apply the SSH command mentioned to set permissions correctly. This will give you an identical installation, add-ons, settings, and everything.
why not just setup a Mysql database for your library and then you can sync across all your devices? no need to even add the sources on the secondary ATV2s just set it all up on the main one and all you need to do is transfer advancedsettings.xml to the other ATV2s and it will be synced to your database.

all you would have to do then is install the addons.

small price to pay for having it so easy Smile

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW..._libraries

i've just been thru the process and it was fairly easy to setup apart from a few kinks that i got sorted out with the help of the community. now its all setup it really is seamless and so much less stressful setting up multiple devices across the house.

with only 3 main plugins your using it really isn't that much effort to put the extra details in lol.

although coupled with what ned posted above perhaps you can use backups and the syncing database together?
Thanks, Ned. That was exactly what I was looking for (although apparently I didn't look very hard). It worked fantastic!
I am trying this as well
question
I have first jailbroken a ATV2 to 4.4.4
next I have installed all the updates and addons so this ATV2 is my "master" image let's say. this is my ATV2 which will be cloned to the remainders
i have managed to follow the steps above to copy the XBMC folder and restore it back and the permissions...but what about XBMC? and Nito?
can they not be copied from one ATV2 to another?

I have quite a few of these to do, so Im just trying to figure out the best way to create the master ATV2 and "clone" to the remainders.
i replied in the other thread
you can write a bash or putty script to install xbmc, nito, updatebegone, and upload any addons, then copy over the master xbmc folder

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Setup Multiple ATV2 Devices0