• 7(current)
Creation of new site for XBMC Add-Ons
Abrasher, really? A third instance of your forum? Again having to re-register our usernames?? Did you at least transfer the threads or this is lost too?
And on top of all it's "authorized users only" even for viewing...
This is how a good idea goes under. Just watch.
ATV2 4.3 8F455 Seas0npassed / XBMC 11
Samsung HT-P70 5.1 / Samsung WS-32Z419P
I run the largest Media Browser mods site outside of their official forums, maybe I should open a simple XBMC site in a similar format?

I don't like messing with usernames, passwords or forcing users to re-register.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
I don't know about you, but I thought I was going to the XBMC Hub website but when it went to jailbreakappletv.com, I officially lost all interest in XBMC Hub.

XBMC is not JUST an Apple TV product. By putting the "All In One Addon Site in the hands of AppleTV only platform support forums, you essentially shelved your own website from becoming a community hub for anyone else other than Apple TV jailbreakers.

If you kept it at XBMC Hub as it was, I would still go here but now I have to respectfully decline. Thanks anyways for XBMC Hub while it lasted.

iRoNBiLL
Piers Wrote:I run the largest Media Browser mods site outside of their official forums, maybe I should open a simple XBMC site in a similar format?

I don't like messing with usernames, passwords or forcing users to re-register.

What site do you run?

I thought Navi-X Media Browser was the biggest "Media Browser" mod for XBMC. Please do tell me about your "media browser"... is it Madcat?

iRoNBiLL
iR0NBiLL Wrote:What site do you run?

I thought Navi-X Media Browser was the biggest "Media Browser" mod for XBMC. Please do tell me about your "media browser"... is it Madcat?

iRoNBiLL

It's a mod site for the popular WMC plugin called Media Browser and I've never heard of 'Navi-x' or 'MadCat'.

I've registered the domain...

iR0NBiLL Wrote:I don't know about you, but I thought I was going to the XBMC Hub website but when it went to jailbreakappletv.com, I officially lost all interest in XBMC Hub.

Ditto
same here :/
For now we are still posting at XBMC HUb - http://expandedmedia.org/
iR0NBiLL Wrote:I don't know about you, but I thought I was going to the XBMC Hub website but when it went to jailbreakappletv.com, I officially lost all interest in XBMC Hub.

XBMC is not JUST an Apple TV product. By putting the "All In One Addon Site in the hands of AppleTV only platform support forums, you essentially shelved your own website from becoming a community hub for anyone else other than Apple TV jailbreakers.

If you kept it at XBMC Hub as it was, I would still go here but now I have to respectfully decline. Thanks anyways for XBMC Hub while it lasted.

iRoNBiLL

My sentiments exactly.
Well... the new owner of what was XBMC Hub which is now jailbreakappletv.com contacted me and several developers of the community with a sincere letter of appreciation and solicitation of something bigger... the new guy is putting in work and money to bring more focus and attention to XBMC community development. He seems quite interested in even going as far as to offer "testing equipment, dedicated servers, graphical services, and financial allowances." for XBMC community developers! To say the least, this certainly has my interest! Big Grin

I reached out to him and will give him a call this weekend to see what he has in store. If this is the case, this means we might be able to make a few good things happen for the community.

That's more than what any web host has offered us in terms of a website so I will let everyone know what's up when I speak with Adam.

Also Pier... I will check out your Media Browser for WMC if you check out Navi-X for XBMC... at about 350,000 users, 9 million hits a month and our aggressive platform expansion, I wouldn't expect you to know about Navi-X... we still are pretty small but have a decent following. Smile

iRoNBiLL
Come on, focus on xbmc development with the site name jailbreakappletv.com?
That is going to be the one place for add-on? Good luck with than one.
ironbill - just watch for motives and read between the lines, the rest of us voted against moving to his site as we didn't like the feel of it and was very rushed decision - why do you/we want to be put into a subforum of a site dedicated to ATV jailbreaking??

You may call it a sincere letter, but I was left with many questions and raised eyebrows.. why do we need to be 'sold' to come to his site? Why the big sales pitch filled with so many promises? Can you really be sold so easily?

Abasher created a site for us and yes did make a quick decision on the move, but has retracted the move and we are still at XBMC Hub (expandedmedia.org).. a forum which we would like to build being a home strictly for XBMC addons, created in the same spirit as XBMC itself - for the community, by the community without a financial agenda

ps. do a DNS lookup on http://www.jailbreakappletv.com

pps. what do you expect to happen if/when ATV jailbreaking is finally done? Or the new hot device is not made by apple? XBMC transcends these devices.. it's just the hot and cheap trend today, but won't be tomorrow
Eldorado Wrote:ps. do a DNS lookup on http://www.jailbreakappletv.com
Are you talking about cloudflare? And that icefilms has moved there too. From what I can see it seem to be a US based servers.

Eldorado Wrote:pps. what do you expect to happen if/when ATV jailbreaking is finally done? Or the new hot device is not made by apple? XBMC transcends these devices.. it's just the hot and cheap trend today, but won't be tomorrow

ATV2 is hot at the moment, but it isn't unheard of to change the name of a forum and keep all the content\users.

Along with icefilms, ATV2 jailbreaking talk is another thing that isn't allowed on xbmc.org. But they could have come up with a better name, eg atv-addons.com or somthing like that.
READ THIS THOROUGHLY!

Okay, I have been in the hospital for many days, as my wife has been in labor over the past 48 hours. On top of this we had days of bed rest where we were required to stay at the hospital. Then I had my grandfather pass the same day my son was born, so this has been a ridiculous few days.

That said, I have still remained in contact with the devs that had come to XBMC HUB in hopes to get all of these things worked out. In the end, it was a simple mistake/miscommunication.

Adam has a lofty vision that many of us are quick to question. This is understandable given the recent events at XBMC.org. That said, from the very beginning I have believed Adam to be interested in doing some good things for the community, regardless of if he ends up making money or not.

The issue with the site getting forwarded in the manner and timing that it did, SHOULD NEVER HAVE HAPPENED. It MASSIVELY damaged my creditability and hurt the flow of information for iceFilms, iceLibrary, and the upcoming devs that I have been talking to this week.

In turn, I have spoken with Adam, and he... being interested in keeping the peace and trying to foster good relationships with all of us, has agreed to help us put things back to normal. We will be going back to the work we were doing a few weeks ago, and all domains will be directing to the appropriate places. I was excited to partner up with Adam, I just think we all need to give it a little time while he works out the kinks.

I AM DEVASTATED that iRonBill had the experience he had, as I am a HUGE fan and user of Navi-X on all of my devices and would have loved to have brought them into the frey. I can only hope that you all will forgive a week that went askew do to a LOT of difficult circumstances that made communication extremely difficult.

I, nor the project, are going anywhere. I want to make it right, and sooth any wounds that were opened over the past days.

Imageine my horror coming home to log into the forum to discover THIS!?!?:confused2:

--------UPDATE---------

WE ARE BACK, AND AS HEALTHY AS EVER
will always be grateful for XBMC and XBMC.ORG
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Creation of new site for XBMC Add-Ons2