• 8(current)
Creation of new site for XBMC Add-Ons
Abrasher Wrote:WE ARE BACK, AND AS HEALTHY AS EVER

good one Big Grin

http://xbmchub.info/ results in

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Congrats for the son!
ATV2 4.3 8F455 Seas0npassed / XBMC 11
Samsung HT-P70 5.1 / Samsung WS-32Z419P
Simple DNS propagation. Will be done by tonight. In the meantime accessible via expandedmedia.org
will always be grateful for XBMC and XBMC.ORG
none of the links on XBMChub will open for me.Sad

David
HTPC1: Intel Pentium G620, 4GB RAM, AMD HD6570, Samsung 830 SSD, Silverstone GD05 case.
HTPC2: AMD Athlon II X2 255, 4GB RAM, AMD HD5450, Western Digital HDD, Silverstone ML03 case.
HTPC3: AMD E350, 4GB RAM, AMD HD6310, OCZ Agility 3 SSD, Akasa Crypto case.
Media Server: i3-3220, 8gb RAM, WHS 2011, 8tb capacity, Fractal Design ARC Midi R2 case.
Jailbreak ATV Wrote:I'm very sorry for any confusion that has been caused. In response to the question about Cloudflare servers, Cloudflare is simply a DNS provider, none of the web site's content is hosted on their end. My servers are all located offshore and I have a lot of experience in this field.

In response to the comment about Apple TV jailbreaking being a fad, I'll say that no one can predict the future, but one thing is certain that any Apple device ever made is always jailbreakable, because it's impossible to prevent jailbreaking on a device where there is thee ability for developers to create their own third party applications to run, the platform is just too open.

I think that the fact that I'm going to promote this web site to the fullest will end up greatly benefiting XBMC as a whole, because in my opinion, Apple TV is the most attractive medium to the end user. I plan on bringing XBMC to living rooms across the globe to unbelievable proportions within the coming months.

If the time would come that Apple TV devices couldn't be jailbroken, I would simply change the name of the web site and keep the community discussion forums as is. My site is open to users of all XBMC devices and equally as accomodating, not limited to Apple TV. The fact that my systems are all located offshore and that I have experience in the free TV community for over ten years will help bring XBMC far forward, giving developers the freedom and protection they need.

Thanks for bringing some clarity to those topics. I know there had been real concerns around the cloudflare topic.
Jailbreak ATV Wrote:I think that the fact that I'm going to promote this web site to the fullest will end up greatly benefiting XBMC as a whole, because in my opinion, Apple TV is the most attractive medium to the end user. I plan on bringing XBMC to living rooms across the globe to unbelievable proportions within the coming months.

But like I said to you earlier, even tho I'm working on the app that I am and sounding very much like a hypocrite.. XBMC obviously does not want to be known as *the piracy/free tv program* which is where I can see you trying to take it, I don't want to see that happen to them

How can XBMC benefit by bringing in hoards of newbie free tv'ers who care nothing more than one click free tv? Bringing that level of attention and under that specific light can only hurt them, not benefit..
Eldorado Wrote:But like I said to you earlier, even tho I'm working on the app that I am and sounding very much like a hypocrite.. XBMC obviously does not want to be known as *the piracy/free tv program* which is where I can see you trying to take it, I don't want to see that happen to them

How can XBMC benefit by bringing in hoards of newbie free tv'ers who care nothing more than one click free tv? Bringing that level of attention and under that specific light can only hurt them, not benefit..

Agreed.
If you have seen all the newbie one posters that came along here complaining that icefilms wasn't working....
I really lost the count No

XBMC is so much more than that
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I don't necessarily think highlighting XBMC by Jailbreak ATV is going to make things worse. People have been doing this for years and nobody seems to get hurt over it... what would hurt others is if all this attention to XBMC was misinterpretted to make the app appear to be the "piracy / free tv" app.

People need to know technology is not an enemy and nobody should treat hardware / software as such. The minute we start criminalizing innovations is the minute we are saying "We don't want computers anymore... take them away from us!" To criminalize computing developers should be looked at as slander and abusive behavior that does not need to be tolerated.

Clearly SOPA is at the focus of this conversation, but while that is we need to have realistic measures of sanity to help us navigate one of the most misunderstood and archaic areas of law... copyright.

To keep is short and simple, lawyers own the copyright field and computer geeks do not, so simply put... everyone needs to stick with their own professions instead of making assumptions. With this in mind, let the lawyers hash out whatever legislation they intend on pushing for and THEN... we can all worry about what is or is not fair and just... Team XBMC and anyone else beginning to speculate on what is fair, what should be done about things BEFORE a law is put out, or anything regarding SOPA is being premature about what changes will come.

Technically, the legislation is not even a formal bill yet... it's being discussed if it should be a bill and what should be included in the bill, THEN everyone will give a thumbs up or down to it. WE ARE ALL BEING VERY PREMATURE ABOUT THIS.

In short, let's not get into the debate over this stuff. Either vote for or against it, but then make sure you are not jumping to gun on new procedures before you even have something to worry about.

In short, Team XBMC and everyone else needs to chill on the assumptions and let the other industry do what they do... then you can worry about it after the fact is true, IF it becomes true.

iRoNBiLL
Let us keep in mind that even the WHITE HOUSE has officially come out against SOPA. Yes, that is right... the White House...

In regards to XBMC being a device for Free TV... to be honest guys... that is what it has always been for me. It was not always based on iceFilms, NaviX, FastPassTV,iceLibrary... but it was always something. Hulu, or similar, have always been the appeal - for me - with XBMC. XBMC as a system media Center is not amazing(Edit by adding: by comparison to other systems with the same abilities). XBMC as a platform for third Party inovation and streaming tools.... THAT IS THE MAGIC! This is one of the big things that makes XBMC great! THE DEVELOPERS that add to it on the regular!

I understand the frustration (somewhat) with the focus of ATV's but it is what I use... what I bought, as my medium for XBMC in my house. And it has been since the ATV1.

Now to get it working on Boxee(;
Abrasher Wrote:XBMC as a system media Center is not amazing. XBMC as a platform for third Party inovation and streaming tools.... THAT IS THE MAGIC(;

And that's where ya lost my interest...
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Abrasher Wrote:XBMC as a system media Center is not amazing. XBMC as a platform for third Party inovation and streaming tools.... THAT IS THE MAGIC

so sad No

Ah well, everybody got his right on a bad opinion
I supported xbmchub from the beginning. Mostly because I thought the privacy stance was going to, or possible will, affect many add-ons. Ones that might be totally legal in certain countries but not in the U.S. and I think those people should have a place to view and discuss these add-ons. Then I am reading this thread and comes across this quote.............

Abrasher Wrote:XBMC as a system media Center is not amazing.

..... and my jaw dropped Shocked

I tried so many media centers before xbmc and xbmc is the only one that amazed me, and that was way before I had a clue about the add-ons.
HA, sorry all... let me expoundHuh

In the discussion of XBMC as a tool for "free tv" vs. "not"

My point is simply that there are many tools out there that will let you view the movies, tv-shows, and music on your hardrive:

Media Portal
Windows Media Center
Boxee (XBMC based I know)
tversity
Etc.

My point was that the thing I love about XBMC (in comparison) is its openness to development. The thing that set it apart was
- Third Party Skins
- Third Party Streaming Tools
- Scripts
- Plugins

All these great extras. After all I have been using XBMC far before it became so PRETTY

This was my only point. I love XBMC and if I didn't make that clear, it was simply based on the speed of my reply, I assure youRolleyes
Eldorado Wrote:ironbill - just watch for motives and read between the lines, the rest of us voted against moving to his site as we didn't like the feel of it and was very rushed decision - why do you/we want to be put into a subforum of a site dedicated to ATV jailbreaking??

You may call it a sincere letter, but I was left with many questions and raised eyebrows.. why do we need to be 'sold' to come to his site? Why the big sales pitch filled with so many promises? Can you really be sold so easily?

Abasher created a site for us and yes did make a quick decision on the move, but has retracted the move and we are still at XBMC Hub (expandedmedia.org).. a forum which we would like to build being a home strictly for XBMC addons, created in the same spirit as XBMC itself - for the community, by the community without a financial agenda

ps. do a DNS lookup on http://www.jailbreakappletv.com

pps. what do you expect to happen if/when ATV jailbreaking is finally done? Or the new hot device is not made by apple? XBMC transcends these devices.. it's just the hot and cheap trend today, but won't be tomorrow

Fair points my friend! Big Grin

I will think about this further before jumping in with both feet. I will also call Adam of jailbreakappletv.com later today to get his take on this.

iRoNBiLL
Prepare for a hefty post... Smile

Abrasher Wrote:I tend to agree. But that is just my opinion.
But that would impose other problems: XBMC is then depending on your site to function/operate which I don't think is the way to go.

I would propose (also in regard to the complete, utter mess at forum.xbmc.org - especially in the addons-section):
Edit2:
Well... maybe I should actually try to look at the addon-section before talking out of my a** Wink
The proposals I stated here have been fulfilled, so... thanks @Team-XBMC Smile

My last proposal - but this is more directed at XBMChub:
Please, create a front page and "hire" a few writers (I'm sure there are people out there who want to chime in - I for one would) - I would love to actually see a page which deals with nothing but XBMC's-Addons, providing news, reviews and instructions.

Ned Scott Wrote:You can even make sub-pages if one page isn't enough. TheCollective (guys behind add-ons like YouTube, Vimeo, Common plugin cache, etc) have done this, moving their documentation to the wiki. (should have some guidelines soon, but feel free to PM me if you have any questions about that)
The thing is - is MediaWiki really the way to go here? I asked this question myself more and more in the last two weeks - i for one think that the mediaWiki is probably just not the right kind of wiki to use in this regard. I came to test out (and installing, setting up, etc., etc.) the DokuWiki in the last two weeks (coincident? I don't think so Wink ) and to what I can gather so far it is WAY better at documenting things in a nice, neat structure than mediaWiki ist - and isn't that all the XBMC-Wiki should be about? Documentation? Maybe it would be a good idea to transfer the mediawiki to a dokuwiki-setup in order to give users a more intuitive access to the documentation they are seeking. Especially the search-function in mediawiki is so messed up, you hardly find what you were looking for in the first place. I could be of help here - helping in transfering the current wiki to a new envoirenment. Of course it would take time - but that is time I am more than willing to invest in this project.
I surely don't know the exact interna over at Team-XBMC, but maybe it would make sense to appoint someone solely to the Wiki?

Quote:XBMC as a system media Center is not amazing(Edit by adding: by comparison to other systems with the same abilities)
Wait... what? With what media center do you do the comparision? I cannot see one single MC out there with the abilities, the looks and the feel of XBMC.
Edit: Just saw your reasons, and although I don't agree to all of them - they are valid points.
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

HenryFord Wrote:I would propose (also in regard to the complete, utter mess at forum.xbmc.org - especially in the addons-section):
Edit2:
Well... maybe I should actually try to look at the addon-section before talking out of my a** Wink
The proposals I stated here have been fulfilled, so... thanks @Team-XBMC Smile

lol
I was already way ahead of you. I proposed this couple of posts back that was picked up immediately Smile
It cleaned it up nicely without having to lock down the add-on section.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Creation of new site for XBMC Add-Ons2