• 2(current)
Creation of new site for XBMC Add-Ons
macf1an Wrote:Abrasher, may be you should politely ask for a sticky in the plugins section. Did you promote your new site to all presumbaly affected addons' (current) threads?

Any idea whom I should contact? I have mailed a few of the XBMC team members to discuss what I am doing, and to check if it was stepping on toes. I would love to get stickied in hopes to continue pushing the progress.

After all, I need the communities feedback to decide what features are need... wanted... and expected. Furthermore, I would love to remain in good terms with this AMAZING team @ XBMC. I hope this project is a tool, not a rebelionBig Grin
will always be grateful for XBMC and XBMC.ORG
Ned Scott Wrote:meh, I still use godaddy. I'm too lazy to switch after they retracted their SOPA support.

Me too Rolleyes

Just want to keep everyone happy. The project is intended to be a positive solution to a sudden solution. If not using GoDaddy helps in that process, so be itBig Grin
Abrasher Wrote:Any idea whom I should contact? I have mailed a few of the XBMC team members to discuss what I am doing, and to check if it was stepping on toes. I would love to get stickied in hopes to continue pushing the progress.

I believe you picked the dead Fastpasstv addon to promote. Fastpasstv T3 is the current one. Both mod and non-mod Icefilms should be in too. Sportsdevil is a bit overshooting it 'cause it provides streaming to non-pirate TV content too.
If Navi-X is considered a "piracy tool" by the XBMC team - I'm officially giving up hope and support on this entire project..
ATV2 4.3 8F455 Seas0npassed / XBMC 11
Samsung HT-P70 5.1 / Samsung WS-32Z419P
macf1an Wrote:If Navi-X is considered a "piracy tool" by the XBMC team - I'm officially giving up hope and support on this entire project..

Quit wining. You pretend like your world is coming to an end.

I have never used one of those add-ons and i'm more than happy with XBMC
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Martijn Wrote:I have never used one of those add-ons

Exactly why you should keep your opinion private
macf1an Wrote:Exactly why you should keep your opinion private

Nope.
This points out exactly why XBMC can perfectly exist without those.
You are just proving that you didn't understand a word from the entire statement - read it again for your own good http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=117995 and the following pages also.
No one is forcing nor suggesting those addons out of XBMC platform and this was guaranteed by the team. No one is trying to craft an XBMC experience without them either.
There isn't going to be (ever) censorship on what people use since it's an open platform and it's intended to be used that way.
The point of discussion is whether an addon should be supported in the official XBMC forum thus bringing somewhat partial liablility to XBMC organization for supporting it. Same goes for their official repo.
You should have started this discussion with some questions and not bold statements.
Martijn Wrote:Nope.
This points out exactly why XBMC can perfectly exist without those.

Just because you are happy without any of the add-ons doesn't mean everybody else is. This is like saying I am happy with my base model Mustang so everybody else should be happy with it too.
I perfectly understand what it states and read it all.
I was more commenting on your statement which seems to state that you will drop XBMC entirely
Quote:If Navi-X is considered a "piracy tool" by the XBMC team - I'm officially giving up hope and support on this entire project..
That's clearly not what I said..
Abrasher has created (based on his own opinion) a thread in the new add-on forum for Navi-X.
I stated that if the XBMC team actually does mark the Navi-X plugin as a piracy-only tool, which it by FAR isn't, (this you couldn't know since you claim you've never used it) I'd stop believing in XBMC's future and stop wasting my time assisting it's progress.. Not drop using it. Anyway - let's not hijack the thread anymore.
This topic is clearly a case by case situation.

I too use these plugins all the time. My enjoyment of XBMC is predicated on things such as Nav-X, IceFilms, IceLibrary, FastPass.TV, Veetle, and many more. I use an ATV2 w/ XBMC as my only source of television/movie content. In my case, and many others, it is hard to imagine using this platform without these tools as I need so much more than the basic functions.

Of course there is another side where users do not use XBMC in the same fashion and therefore it is no big deal one way or the other. This is a valid stance, but in no way diminishes the concern of the other users who love these tools.

My XBMChub.info project is simply intended to help those whom have come to depend on XBMC and its "unique" add-ons and plugins as I have. I also hope it will keep these tools alive for newcomers, as I believe they are the futureSmile
macf1an Wrote:That's clearly not what I said..
Abrasher has created (based on his own opinion) a thread in the new add-on forum for Navi-X.
I stated that if the XBMC team actually does mark the Navi-X plugin as a piracy-only tool, which it by FAR isn't, (this you couldn't know since you claim you've never used it) I'd stop believing in XBMC's future and stop wasting my time assisting it's progress.. Not drop using it. Anyway - let's not hijack the thread anymore.

These are not threads based on assumption that they will be removed! If I have confused things, I apologize. I had spoken with some devs such as Batch(iceLibrary) and Max(SportsDevil), to name a few, and to give them a clear understanding of what I had in mind I needed to fill some threads with content for testing.

I simply began with a few of my favorites.
Does anyone know whom I should contact to discuss getting this thread stickied?
A new site to do what exactly ? You don't specify what your goals are here.

1. try and take All add-on & plugin discussions there or
2. only the ones who we might not be able to have discussed here ?

If 1. I think this *might* fragment things for users.
If 2. You could call it 'Piracy Haven' Smile
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

pike Wrote:A new site to do what exactly ? You don't specify what your goals are here.

1. try and take All add-on & plugin discussions there or
2. only the ones who we might not be able to have discussed here ?

If 1. I think this *might* fragment things for users.
If 2. You could call it 'Piracy Haven' Smile

1) give a haven to those being removed from this forum with the intention of giving users the ability to continue discovering, using, and discussing these tools.

2) I hope to bring a complete source of XBMC Xtras to this forum. Yet, I do not intend to drag all devs to our site. I know that there are many who are, and will remain, happy right here.

3) I am taking a stance of supporting, encouraging, or anything else in regards to piracy, or these plugins. That said... I do not support SOPA and I believe these devs have a right to create and distribute these tools. It is up to the enduser to use them appropriately. In my opinion.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Creation of new site for XBMC Add-Ons2