• 3(current)
Creation of new site for XBMC Add-Ons
darkscout Wrote:Ha. You're joking right?

Next you'll be telling me your congressman has your exact same views on politics right around election time.

Godaddy listened to the demands of their users, and now know that their business can (and has) face significant losses by supporting things like SOPA. Godaddy themselves were probably facing pressure from from content owners that do business with them.

Coupled with the fact that I'm going broke and can't afford to walk away from 2 years of e-mail service I already paid for, I will not apologies or feel guilty for my decision.

Also, my congressman was shot in the head five minutes away from where I live and is still recovering. I haven't had a chance to ask her what she feels about SOPA yet.
pike Wrote:If 1. I think this *might* fragment things for users.

It will be either fragment things for users or lose support for certain add-ons. I for one rather not lose support some of the add-ons.

Also, "XBMC's Piracy Stance" is being based with US laws in mind and people that are using these add-ons from other countries, legally and without any gray area, will be losing support from this forum. The new site will give these people a place to continue to have that support.
I think, for what it is worth this is a pretty damn good idea, but I would make one suggestiosn, with Ice Library for example and possibly other addons in the future you may want to create setup PDF's or videios you can link to as opposed to just staring lines of text to guide the installation. Again, just a thought.
Proper Usage of a debug log
If I managed to help you in any way, please add to my reputation
Abrasher Wrote:As I have said before, my goal for XBMC HUB is to give a home to the developers who will be removed.

Why you made for instance a skin category? No skin topic here on xbmcforum is affected by this. Right? If so , than I don't feel than this should be a category on XBMC HUB. So that users and devs don't have to question which forums for to follow for an addon. Same counts for the Weather Add-On category and perhaps the Social Add-Ons category.
Aside from support...

Would it be possible for XBMCHub to clone the official XBMC repository and intermix their own sources as well, so that we are not doomed to looking at 2 separate repos for everything?

Without even using any of these programs in question, I totally hate having to go to 2 different sources for the same type of content... This is exactly the type of thing that I use XBMC to avoid.
tikkiew Wrote:Why you made for instance a skin category? No skin topic here on xbmcforum is affected by this. Right? If so , than I don't feel than this should be a category on XBMC HUB. So that users and devs don't have to question which forums for to follow for an addon. Same counts for the Weather Add-On category and perhaps the Social Add-Ons category.

What I do not want is fragmentation. As these devs transition to xbmchub.info, I want them, and the users to have a full functioning invoice of xbmc extras instead of going here to see these 6, and there for 2 more, and back again.

The skins will be intended for users to see there availability and have access to downloads, all within one site. All support needswill have links to their XBMC thread.
will always be grateful for XBMC and XBMC.ORG
I for one would not want support for my addons to be there, purely cos I dont want to be maintaining two separate threads.
Maybe it's just me, but when I first saw the name of the new site, I couldn't help but read XBM Chub. Shocked
amet Wrote:I for one would not want support for my addons to be there, purely cos I dont want to be maintaining two separate threads.

Same here.

What you could do is make a list of locked add-on threads that refer to the XBMC forum. So when users come to your site they will be redirected to here.
I already see that some add-ons are listed on the openelec forum so that will make three threads.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Martijn Wrote:Same here.

What you could do is make a list of locked add-on threads that refer to the XBMC forum. So when users come to your site they will be redirected to here.

sure, but there will be no XBMC Forum -> "hub" referals
amet Wrote:I for one would not want support for my addons to be there, purely cos I dont want to be maintaining two separate threads.

I personally don't want to see the day when one of your add-ons is marked as piracy content(like if the Congress pushes a "Subtitles and lyrics are copyright" bill) ..that would cause a stir way beyond the world of XBMC so in your particular case I wouldn't worry...yet
ATV2 4.3 8F455 Seas0npassed / XBMC 11
Samsung HT-P70 5.1 / Samsung WS-32Z419P
macf1an Wrote:I personally don't want to see the day when one of your add-ons is marked as piracy content(like if the Congress pushes a "Subtitles and lyrics are copyright" bill) ..that would cause a stir way beyond the world of XBMC so in your particular case I wouldn't worry...yet

My comment was in response to having a support for "all" addons on the Hub
Okay, here it goes...

XBMC (official) - hosts all the threads, add ons, plugins, it can. They will never link to XBMC HUB. We will not be stickied in this thread, or given any extra help or association with or from the team.

XBMChub (not CHUBRolleyes) - hosts the removed devs tools, as well as gives reference to other tools that will link to XBMC (official) for support. This enables users to see all the tools they can in one play (ideal in my opinion) without requiring all de s to open multiple threads.

If any dev wants to not be mentioned or acknowledged in XBMC HUB, I will gladly remove them.

We will not host support for devs who are on XBMC. Only those devs who ask to be brought in will have these functions.

I just want to have a more fulfilling (one stop shop) approach to all of the great extras XBMC has to offer.

XBHMC HUB is in talks with some other members about creating a video (how to) library... or at least linking to another site who will pick up this particular project.

XBMC HUB will not be creating a repo at this time. The task at hand is large enough. These devs all have repos, or packages you can easily install. If XBMC is separating themselves from these tools, it would not help to have a repo with all of XBMC's official content along with those of these devs that they are separating from. I want to keep XBMC happy and free from any concern or confusion.
Abrasher Wrote:I want to keep XBMC happy and free from any concern or confusion.
don't get me wrong, i think it's great of you to step forward and offer a new home for the addons in question,
but the fact the site advertises itself as 'the new home for all addons and plugins' is what confuses me....

as far as i know, only a handful of addons may be looking for a new home.
also, i'm not sure what fun it would be to create links to our forum for all the others on your site.

that being said... if we have to close some threads here,
i'm perfectly fine with a notification in the last post that support for and development of the addon will continue at XBMChub.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:don't get me wrong, i think it's great of you to step forward and offer a new home for the addons in question,
but the fact the site advertises itself as 'the new home for all addons and plugins' is what confuses me....

as far as i know, only a handful of addons may be looking for a new home.
also, i'm not sure what fun it would be to create links to our forum for all the others on your site.

that being said... if we have to close some threads here,
i'm perfectly fine with a notification in the last post that support for and development of the addon will continue at XBMChub.

i just realized this fact earlier this evening. I am working on creating a new forum site. This will be up within 24 hours and these little verbage glitches will be gone.

I was being given advice on what the site may be, and it distracted me for a moment. All is being cleaned and clarified.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Creation of new site for XBMC Add-Ons2