• 22(current)
Release PlayIt service : Play hosted video url remotely on XBMC
Hi AJ, thanks a lot for your awesome addons. I used PlayIt with XBMC 12.2 a lot on my RPi.

I recently had to move to XBMC 13 alpha as my new Wandboard is supported only by these XBMC versions. I am having trouble getting PlayIt to start . I get the error.

Error Type: <type 'exceptions.NameError'>
Error Contents: name 'TurtleService' is not defined
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/root/.xbmc/addons/service.playitx/TurtleMain.py", line 14, in <module>
TurtleService.start('service.playitx', 'PlayIt', '/PlayIt', 8181, [8100, 8199])
NameError: name 'TurtleService' is not defined
-->End of Python script error report<--

I tried a lot of things, including removing all repos and just adding AJ repo again, and also installing PlayIt from Zip file, each time starting with a new XBMC data dir (.xbmc in home dir) , it doesnt help.

Is PlayIt expected to work with XBMC 13 ? ANd is there anything special I need to do for it?

Thanks Smile
I will be releasing a new version of playit that will fix it.
Cool Smile Looking forward to it.
Hi
problem for me
Raspberry Pi; Openelec 3.2.4

I have selected "1080"

This url max quality is 480p
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vU30FW7B...F6501FC04E
I think Playit sends to my TV 144p because quality is really bad - firefox plugin "send to xbmc" is working perfect here but don't have the play list function.

I think this is just for youtube movies below 720p

This is important for me because lot of cartoons my daughter is watching have quality below 720p

I love this addon (fast and simple)

EDIT:
I changed
/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.module.turtlex/lib/snapvideo/YouTube.py
VIDEO_QUAL_LOW to VIDEO_QUAL_SD

Code:
elif(qual == '18'):  # 270p/360p MP4
                video_info.add_video_link(VIDEO_QUAL_SD, url)
            elif(qual == '22'):  # 1280x720 MP4
                video_info.add_video_link(VIDEO_QUAL_HD_720, url)
            elif(qual == '34'):  # 480x360 FLV
            elif(qual == '35' and video_info.get_video_link(VIDEO_QUAL_SD) is None):  # 854\\327480 SD
            elif(qual == '36' and video_info.get_video_link(VIDEO_QUAL_LOW) is None):  # 320x240
            elif(qual == '37'):  # 1920x1080 MP4
                video_info.add_video_link(VIDEO_QUAL_HD_1080, url)
            elif(qual == '38' and video_info.get_video_link(VIDEO_QUAL_HD_1080) is None):  # 4096\\3272304 EPIC MP4
                video_info.add_video_link(VIDEO_QUAL_HD_1080, url)
            elif(qual == '43' and video_info.get_video_link(VIDEO_QUAL_LOW) is None):  # 360 WEBM
            elif(qual == '44' and video_info.get_video_link(VIDEO_QUAL_SD) is None):  # 480 WEBM

I know this is not right but it helped for me
Youtube plugin works just fine with vevo videos (through a fix) but with PlayIt fails vevo video and shows nothing.
(2014-01-07, 06:28)ajay Wrote:
(2014-01-05, 19:13)mujunk Wrote: Hi Ajay, Any chance the Youku addon could be supported by Play-It?

Is there any other add-on parses Youku which could be used?

Found one finally Here...and tested that Youku links work!
Fingers crossedSmile
Smile 
This is amazing! Thank you so much!
Hello Aj
Youtube streaming and such works perfectly, nice job there, even if it was quite hard to get the add-on installed correctly.I almost gave up... Only, I still look for a solution for Viaplay.se, for which there is currently no working add-on for XBMC either for Windows, Linux or NAS devices. Via Android phone and HDMI adapter to TV it works, but is not the smartest solution. I thought your add-on would solve it, but that is not the case.

Viaplay uses Silverlight for streaming film, but Flash for the OS 2014 sport. It's the latter one which I firsthand try to get working.
I have a payed account at Viaplay, and am logging in to the account via Firefox.(Playing in Firefox works of course.)
(2014-01-11, 11:15)ajay Wrote:
(2014-01-11, 07:03)angad16 Wrote: I cannot install the addon. I added the repo but in xbmc it shows up nothing.

Force Refresh repository

Having the same problem, even after refreshing. Also I have tried to install the plugin .zip directly, but only got: "dependencies not met".

Sorry if this is a noob question. Huh
Is it possible to add more XBMC devices and switch between them in the addon?
can you add 9gag.tv support, so that I dont need to go youtube to play in xbmc.
Hi AJ,

I was wondering if you had a chance to fix PlayIt for XBMC 13 Gotham version, since we are looking at a beta now.

Thanks for your awesome work here Smile
(2013-12-28, 15:35)tinybutstrong Wrote: How to disable the message "Playit Service has started" when XBMC is starting?

I would also like to be able to do this, as it happens every time I turn on my media centre as well as making an annoying noise. My current workaround is to just disable the add-on until I need to use it, but this is cumbersome. Otherwise, I love the add-on Smile
(2014-03-09, 03:30)jackfifield Wrote:
(2013-12-28, 15:35)tinybutstrong Wrote: How to disable the message "Playit Service has started" when XBMC is starting?

I would also like to be able to do this, as it happens every time I turn on my media centre as well as making an annoying noise. My current workaround is to just disable the add-on until I need to use it, but this is cumbersome. Otherwise, I love the add-on Smile

it will be disabled in next release.

(2014-03-08, 06:39)nokiac Wrote: Hi AJ,

I was wondering if you had a chance to fix PlayIt for XBMC 13 Gotham version, since we are looking at a beta now.

Thanks for your awesome work here Smile

It will be ready by then..
Thank you Smile
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PlayIt service : Play hosted video url remotely on XBMC11