• 14(current)
Deprecated Missing Movie Scanner
Its definitely a great deal of extra CPU and IO overhead unpacking a rar every time you play a movie, but whatever floats your boat.

Anyways, I wanted to offer a sincere thanks for this addon. I've been struggling with such issues for ages, as my media lives in a number of places, and is modified by a number of people and automated processes. Lots of stuff slips through the cracks, and its an enormous headache manually sifting through the various sources looking for things that may not have been scraped properly... When I don't even know what a lot of it is.

Here's hoping to see it in the official repo soon (and, seriously, as a built in feature of XBMC in the future - say an option in settings to list unsuccessfully scraped media after a library update so we can see it right away.
I am in the process of having it added to the official repo now, not sure when exactly it will be in there, had a few things to fix, lets hope in the next few days.

Yeah I was surprised that something like this was not part of the base app, it has a media lib and scraper architecture but no way of querying if all your scraped media was correctly added to the lib. I did have a quick look at the base code but all the C did my head in and I dropped that idea reasonably fast.

I delayed for months/years (two versions now) adding this to the official repo as I though that obviously this feature will be added to the base app at some point but that has not happened and now with the next version on the horizon and still no missing detection I thought I would try to get this in the main repo.
Getting invalid params message when trying to scan my library
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=89107
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I cant actually find an error in the log, there is a weird JSON debug message

11:37:56 T:5404 DEBUG: JSONRPC: Incoming request: {"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Files.GetDirectory", "params": {"directory": "smb://192.168.1.2/Media1/Films/"}, "id": 1}
11:37:56 T:5404 DEBUG: CUtil::GetMatchingSource: no matching source found for [smb://192.168.1.2/Media1/Films/]

Is the error a python crash or is it a popup message on the screen? If it is a message when does it pop up, after what action?
(2013-11-24, 22:14)null_pointer Wrote: I cant actually find an error in the log, there is a weird JSON debug message

11:37:56 T:5404 DEBUG: JSONRPC: Incoming request: {"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Files.GetDirectory", "params": {"directory": "smb://192.168.1.2/Media1/Films/"}, "id": 1}
11:37:56 T:5404 DEBUG: CUtil::GetMatchingSource: no matching source found for [smb://192.168.1.2/Media1/Films/]

Is the error a python crash or is it a popup message on the screen? If it is a message when does it pop up, after what action?

It's a ok dialog popup when starting the movie scanner. Message in the popup gives the JSON-RPC invalid params error.
So does the share exist

smb://192.168.1.2/Media1/Films/

and is it accessible by XBMC? It looks like the JSON GetDirectory can not access it.
(2013-11-24, 22:20)null_pointer Wrote: So does the share exist

smb://192.168.1.2/Media1/Films/

and is it accessible by XBMC? It looks like the JSON GetDirectory can not access it.

Yes it does exist. Could be that this is due to limitation change in gotham. Will ask around to be sure.
@Martijn: JSON Files.GetDirectory was broken a few days ago, 24ce994a311668ff6fbb2840230c24405dd6300a fixed it (committed to master on 19 Nov). Could be you need a more up to date build?

You could also confirm with the script in my sig:
Code:
./texturecache,py directory "smb://192.168.1.2/Media1/Films/"
and confirm if the call to Files.GetDirectory is working or not (add @logfile=tc.log to the command line for a log of requests/responses).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2013-11-24, 22:24)MilhouseVH Wrote: @Martijn: JSON Files.GetDirectory was broken a few days ago, 24ce994a311668ff6fbb2840230c24405dd6300a fixed it (committed to master on 19 Nov). Could be you need a more up to date build?

You could also confirm with the script in my sig:
Code:
./texturecache,py directory "smb://192.168.1.2/Media1/Films/"
and confirm if the call to Files.GetDirectory is working or not (add @logfile=tc.log to the command line for a log of requests/responses).

Seems to be it yes. It was an older build. Now starts scanning but if I hit cancel it continues for a while so some loop isn't broken off. After it gives a script error. Will get new log.
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=89412
as for the error, it's typical problem with ascii coding
hacked_path = language(30108).format(path)

it looks like the new string message code I added to support the language strings.xml is causing the problem, I will look into it.
latest version is now in the official repo.

To install go to
Videos->Addons->Get More
Scroll down to Missing Movie Scanner, select it and select install
get an error: XBMC tries to download version 3.3.0 which doesn't exist anymore...
try to refresh your addon list

go to System->Settings->Add-ons->Get Add-ons
scroll down to XBMC.org Add-ons
Then bring up the contecxt menu (right click or C)
Then select Force refresh

That might work and get you the latest add-on/version list.
(2013-11-25, 13:32)null_pointer Wrote: try to refresh your addon list

go to System->Settings->Add-ons->Get Add-ons
scroll down to XBMC.org Add-ons
Then bring up the contecxt menu (right click or C)
Then select Force refresh

That might work and get you the latest add-on/version list.

thanks, that did it Smile
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Missing Movie Scanner1