• 9(current)
Deprecated Missing Movie Scanner
I was just waiting for a bit more feedback just to make sure it was working for the majority.

I will give it to the weekend and then start to process of submitting it to the email group for addition to the repo. One of the main problems is you can only submit once a month I think so I wanted to make sure it was at least working for most people before I submitted.
that was fast. sadly the fixed version doesn't install anymore :-D

okay, fix works, you only zipped the plugin wrong ...
(2013-05-16, 14:41)null_pointer Wrote: I will give it to the weekend and then start to process of submitting it to the email group for addition to the repo. One of the main problems is you can only submit once a month I think so I wanted to make sure it was at least working for most people before I submitted.
once a month is a guideline, not a hard set rule. proper testing before submitting of course is preferred Smile
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2013-05-16, 19:06)fireba11 Wrote: okay, fix works, you only zipped the plugin wrong ...

Oops, fixed now (ver 3.1.2)

Thanks for confirming it fixed your issue.

Has anyone run this with:

- movies/tv with international characters in the paths/names?
- movies having trailers?
- with lots of sources that,s that are nested? i.e d:\ and d:\media\movies as sources?

If someone can test or I get a chance to test the above by the weekend I will go ahead and submit to rep.
Just installed this and pretty happy with the results. But for some reason out of the 11 movie it said were missing, ony 3 are actually missing. Any way to get rid of false positives.

*EDIT*

Just figured out my own problem. A couple of my movie files have samples downloaded with them. So while the real movie is not popping up. The sample is. Figured I would leave this post in case any one else has this same issue.
did you use the latest 3.1.2? if you read up i also had a case of false positives that is fixed now
(2013-05-18, 15:42)cbush83 Wrote: A couple of my movie files have samples downloaded with them. So while the real movie is not popping up. The sample is. Figured I would leave this post in case any one else has this same issue.

Yes samples can be a pain, do you really need them? When MMS identifies them you could just delete them and re run the scan, in fact this could be considered an added bonus, it helps you delete sample files you don't need, I am just looking for the silver lining here :-)

Alternatively add "sample." to the black list words this should then ignore the sample files.
Thanks for the great tool, I recommend it often.

Unfortunately 3.1.2 leads to an error:

http://pastebin.com/RA8s58Qi

Seems to be about line 3115.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thanks for the feedback, I am not sure exactly what was causing your issue, I was not able to reproduce the error but I was able to add some more error handling to try to stop it happening.

Try the new build 3.1.3

http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-missing-mo...loads/list
Just installed 3.1.3... installed fine but it just seems to hang or something?

"Scan running
Scanned : 0 directories 0 files
Files found: 0
Path: smb://...."

It's not making any progress...
To investigate I will need a log, can you turn on logging, reproduce the issue and post the logs to pastbin?

See the first post for more info on creating a log file.
I have links to .ts movies and plugin doesn't find them. I'm yet to check of it's .ts or link problem.
The default file extension list is

mpg, mpeg, avi, flv, wmv, mkv, 264, 3g2, 3gp, ifo, mp4, mov, iso, ogm

You can add ts files to the recognised file extensions in the setting for the add-on, I will add .ts to the default extensions as well but for now just add it to the list in the settings and it should pick them up.
@null_pointer there is a list of supported file formats here that you might like to compare your default list against.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Fea...at_support
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I cant find TS in that list

Form the Wiki
Container formats: AVI, MPEG, WMV, ASF, FLV, MKV/MKA (Matroska), QuickTime, MP4, M4A, AAC, NUT, Ogg, OGM, RealMedia RAM/RM/RV/RA/RMVB, 3gp, VIVO, PVA, NUV, NSV, NSA, FLI, FLC, DVR-MS and WTV

Does XBMC support TS stream?
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Missing Movie Scanner1