Rewind, Forward Wind and Pause
Is there a PVR that can be used with XBMC that has rewind and forward wind working? I've tried for the record (argus) which is great, but very slow on channel change and in particular rewind doesn't work.

If channel change was quicker and rewind worked, I'd use this as my tv front end all the time, but at the moment it's not quite there!
if you're talking about timeshift (live tv pausing, etc.), then this is not supported yet.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
Yes, that's exactly what I meant (thanks for getting back to me by the way).

Is this likely to be supported in a future release? I'm presuming not 11.0, but possibly 12 (isn't PVR moving into the main branch for 12?).
it's likely to be supported eventually, but unlikely that it'll be any time soon
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
Is it possible that I remember being able to do this on XBMC? About a year ago I started with the (back then very experimental) PVR stuff which slowly started to appear. I remember some friends being jealous because I was able to pause, rewind and fast forward TV.
Perhaps not supported,but it works quite well with mediaportal as the pvr backend.

The pause button is not available in the confluence skin, but is available in for ex transparency & cirrus extended v2
Br
PG
mrpg Wrote:Perhaps not supported,but it works quite well with mediaportal as the pvr backend.

The pause button is not available in the confluence skin, but is available in for ex transparency & cirrus extended v2
Br
PG

It doesn't actually work for me. Are you using TSReader? Looking at the architecture of the TSReader and the ffmpeg plugins the latter is more likely to work with play/pause as it depends on XBMC's built-in streaming support. However, that one doesn't support decent channel switching.
Hi,

sorry for the late reply, but yes i am using the tsreader version.

Have not used any special setting or other as far as i can remember, it just worked out of the box for me.

/PG

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rewind, Forward Wind and Pause0