Describe your "XBMC workflows"
Hi all

Just wanted to see how people manage their media in XBMC. Both in regards to downloading, ripping/encoding but also organize and watch.

I´m currently use a WHS 2003 as storage for my TV and Movies. The music comes from my iTunes library on my iMac.

Previously I´ve manually downloaded TV shows and sorted them out to correct folder on my server, then manually added the subtitles and finally added nfo and thumbs using ember media manager.

Now I´ve started using Sickbeard for TV shows and since it automatically downloads, organizes and creates nfo and thumbs I only have to download subs (I do this from within XBMC now, using the Subtitles add-on).

Movies I still add manually and use ember media manager. I did try Couchpotato but it renamed several films incorrectly so I now do this manually again.

Sickbeard tells all my XBMC clients when a new ep is available so all devix´ces is updated. For the movies I use the XBMC Library Updater add-on with a schedule of 2h.

I´m thinking of replacing the WHS with a unRAID system so I´ll se how the workflow will look then. So any of you have any good examples on different workflows?

/Niklas
Download stuff via torrent and usenet, manually rename it (why oh why do.the.insist.on.putting.dots.instead.of.spaces?!?!?! are rippers still using dos??) taking out dots and useless release group names on the end of things, transfer over to the media pc's external drives, scan in with media companion (older version for TV shows, and newer version for movies, as TV management is borked in newer versions, and movies are borked in older versions) then scans into the media lib in xbmc.
HTPC: Motherboard: Asus F2A85-V, CPU: AMD A10 6800K, RAM: Kingston XMP BEAST 16GB, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, LG CH12NS30 Blu-Ray drive, Samsung, and WD various 2 and 3TB for storage, Windows 8.1, one for all remote/FLIRC, Logitech z906 surround system.
use Therenamer it does it all for you

ember or media companion
Star 
vader74 Wrote:use Therenamer it does it all for you

ember or media companion

+1
Sickbeard and SABnzbd does it all.

Except the latest season of American Dad. But that's The TV DB's fault.
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
[Main PC] stores all my home videos, pictures and music
[HTPC] stores all my movies

pictures, home videos and music are streamed to the HTPC, movies are played locally on the HTPC. movies are torrented or usenetted directly to the HTPC, then renamed and moved to /movies/[designated genre folder]/

TV is watched via icefilms or free cable, in fact, i've deleted all the TV show files that i had stored locally.

the reason i keep my music and pictures on the main pc vs directly onto the htpc, is because i hook the cameras up to the main pc, then edit pics/vids on the main pc. i will probably move the music files to the htpc this weekend to more centrally locate media files to the HTPC
Gonna throw myself out there, cause this setup isn't working perfectly. Let me explain.

I have a laptop that someone gave me (it was borked. I fixed it.) that I use as the xbmc front end. I (of course) installed all the plugins there, but there is no actual media on it, just xbmc and nothing else.

I have another computer, a wireless desktop computer that I installed sickbeard, headphones, couchpotato, mfp, subsonic, transmission, and a few other things on. This computer downloads stuff from usenet and puts it on a spare hard drive that I have. That is then shared via samba with the laptop running xbmc.

The problem: Usenet downloads so quickly it literally locks up the the content from that computer when downloading from usenet, there is no more bandwidth to stream the show I am watching. I plan to limit the speed usenet downloads or hardwire the computer.

Other than the bandwidth issue that I am having (all local just to be clear) this setup works fine.
darkscout Wrote:Sickbeard and SABnzbd does it all.

Except the latest season of American Dad. But that's The TV DB's fault.

There is a workaround for American Dad. You add a small SQL bodge to change the db in sickbeard, then it scans and names correctly.

Here:

http://sickbeard.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3258

Works like a charm.
Still relying on an outside site seems a bit hackish but I may have to if there is no resolve.
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
Mine is pretty simple..

Server Side:
XBMC mysql database running off my 18TB Nas, which is running SickBeard, CouchPotato (Had to setup a crazy filter to make sure it was grabbing the correct stuff), SABnzbd+ and ruTorrent (used for grabbing music from what.cd)

Client Side
5 ATV2's deployed around the house.. 1 in lounge, 1 in family room, 3 in bedroom(s).. The lounge room ATV is the "main" one.. it does all the updating and makes sure that the library is up-to-date etc.

Every ATV box is running the Quartz nightly skin as it's the most low resource and smoothest skin.. and plugins are all synced between all the ATV's and the lounge one to ensure consistency.

It may take awhile to set everything up.. but once you've got everything set.. its pure bliss!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Describe your "XBMC workflows"0